• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

My problems with suboxen anyone advise

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
Well I did it again. I take 2 8mg pills a day I get a 30day supply
im 21 days from being able to refill and already I only have enough for 1 8mg pill a day. I keep over taking it. I don't know why. Im a recovering drug addict with 4 months sober. I live in a clean and sober house. I just find that I deal with lots of stomach pain from a bad gastric bypass suggary I had when I was 19. So I eat, feel sick and take more suboxon then I feel better. Now I just was in the hosptial they told me I need to eat more my iron was so low I had get hooked to a machine for 4 days and my blood counts low all my stats are bad like im starving to death though I eat all day long. Its just a result of my sugary and how intense they did it, they botched it and anyway here I am.

from 19 - 27 now I did drugs, I did them to make me feel better, to get me to work, to eat and to not eat. Its done its damage. Drinking got me the worst. All I take now is about 20 vitemens a day and suboxon and yes I think I can handle the rest of the month taking just one a day but I wont feel good, I won't even feel ok. I know I won't withdrawl which is something but Im going have a hard time eating as much as I need to with out more box.

Any advise? Would I be better off getting off box and on real pain killers seeing how this is why I take more then I should, and that I need something to help me eat. (weed doesn't work anymore becasue it makes me paranoid)

Im in bad health I need to eat more, I need to not be in pain all day. I have over taken my pills before sometimes I end up taking a quarter a box a day untill I can refil so its not new to me, I know I can do it its just long term I see my self doing this again and again.

I notice if I take a clon, or ativan during the day I tend to not abuse the box, so maybe I have anxiety and should ask the doctor about something to take during the day? or maybe I need a stronger pain killer though thats how I ended up getting addicted last time around.

so to recap.

Im in pain, I need pills to eat, suboxon does not work well enough at 2 a day for how much pain relief I need to eat as much as I need and now I only got 1 a day which is going put me in a bad mood (though its my fault) I had a drinking/ opiet problem before but what other choices are there? I dunno.... I could see this gastric bypass killing me someday if I cant figuer out a way to live plus I know I am going to be tempted to take more box. Like i need to eat now but I cant force my self to do it I know half a box would make it easy but I need to safe them and im on a tough budget right now too so I dunno things are complicated.

(opiets help by slowing down my food giving me a better chance to absorb said food plus it helps with getting rid of the pain so I can eat and it helps constipate me which is better then using bathroom 15times a day)

any thoughts

GABAPENTIN(NEURONTIN). Google erowid. Look at the gabapentin experience thread for opiate WD. It worked miracles for me with the kicks,sweating,hot/cold flashes, appetite, everything but the mud butt. Maybe it could help you, cause I was addicted to OXy, then to bupe. I was only on bupe for 9 months tho, so maybe thats why it worked so well for me. Gabapentin is not a opiate, its a nerve pain medication, and actually prescribed for people with RLS,insomnia, and anxiety. The more powerful drug would be lyrica, and that will probly work better for you with your longer habit. Read the erowid experieces, it was very helpful and i can say im clean for 2 weeks now cause of the gabapentin.

EDIT: You say you dont WD from sub, which is wierd. I kinda think the WD from subs is worse than from heroin or pharm PKs. WD from those only last 2 weeks at most (usually 5 days with flu like symptoms) and you can use 21 day taper off method to detox and actually not go through the pain much at all. But on subs, you take them everyday for years (like methadone) and it takes months for your brain to get back to normal. Alot like marijuana WD after the first week.

if you cant handle the crippling vortex of opiates id suggest not taking any at all. i learned that the hard way. i still enjoy the occasional opiate a few times a year, but habitual use became such a responsibility after a while i just couldnt take it any more.

I would stop medicated urself because it’s more painful when u run out . You are a addict and that’s what we do one is never enough . I was in suboxen 2 8mg strips a day and stopped cold turkey . Never ever again ! It’s the worse detox I suggest you start getting serious cutting back it only gets worse . The company that sells subs is the same company that sold opioid pills that want to keep u addicted . There is a pill out there for withdrawal it’s called Lucemyra. It’s new and FDA approved . Good Luck

The antihistamine cyproheptadine is an appetite stimulant. With pain from gastrointestinal problems, a strong narcotic analgesic with less constipating action like hydromorphone would be what I would take in such a case. Round the clock long term use of pethidine, which is the narcotic which can be used in acute cases of GI pain, is not recommended to do on a chronic basis because of neurotoxic metabolites which accumulate in the body. If one could get their hands on dextromoramide or ketobemidone, that would be a better choice than pethidine . . .

Excellent advice as always Nico. It appears this thread was Necro'd (I hope people still use that expression?) though. Based on the OP date anyways, ;)

Since you mention appetite stimulants, I'm curious if you have any other suggestions in that regard? I actually have GI issues myself & previously used hydromorphone for various pain issues (including an idiopathic pain in my left abdominal quadrant). Though the current state of affairs in the states has sadly ended that relatively pleasant period of my life. :\

In my case I currently take mirtazapine at a dose of 15mg as an appetite stimulant & sleep aid. I'm not familiar with cyproheptadine. That's one of the antihistatimes I've not taken at some point. I'll have to look into it a bit. It seems like a decent academic mental distraction that I could use ATM.

Thanks for turning this case of Necromancy (generally considered evil; I hear) into some good with your informative post. :)