View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

My first psychedelic experience

stroud1977

Greenlighter
Hello guys. First post here. I'm just coming down from my first ever psychedelic experience.
Im 39, live in the uk and haven't used any recreational drugs in about 15-20 years.
I've got a history of mental health problems (depression /anxiety etc), so tend to stay away from anything that would cause a depletion in serotonin.

I have been researching and doing a lot of reading about the possible links between psilocybin and a treatment for the above mental health issues, so decided to get hold of some and try it.

I ordered some Magic Truffles online from Zamnesia in Holland. The company was very easy to deal with and after about a week a small discrete parcel arrived containing two packets of truffles.
I ordered two different varieties, one 15g package of 'Psilocybe Hollandis' (supposed to be their strongest one) and a slightly milder strain called 'Psilocybe Tampanensis' again, 15g.

So, I had the place to myself today and since a light breakfast of fruit and yogurt I had fasted all day until 2.30pm when I finally took the entire 15g packet of Hollandis.

The website advised newbies should 9nly take half a pack, but as I don't get the chance to do things like this very often I thought I should just go for it. My own attempt at a heroic dose. :smile:

I followed the instructions on the website, chopped the truffles very small and covered with hot, not boiling water then ate/drank the lot.

I think my trip was very unusual, judging by the other trip reports I've read. I hope someone may be able to shed some light on it.

I sat in my darkened studio with some music on (The doors, for what it's worth) and waited.
After about 30 - 45 mins, I started getting some very subtle, light hallucinations. A few specs of light.
After about an hour and a half, I started feeling very tired. Felt like a heavy sedative, almost like an opiate. My eyes were closing and I was getting some strange tension in my jaw and arms.
At one point my watch did go a bit squiggly when I checked the time, that was cool. A few dancing shadows too, but that's about it.
After about 2 hours in I shut the music off and just sat in the dark waiting for insights, hallucinations etc, but they never really came.

I definitely felt stoned, very heavy and groggy, but it wasn't the insightful, psyedelic experience I was expecting.

After a while I went inside and lay down on the bed, totally mashed.

It's been over 6 hours now and I'm starting to come back to normal.
An interesting experience, not a bad one, but I can't say it was a good one either, it was just not what I expected.
I don't feel depressed or anxious though, so maybe it did some good? :smile:

I was under the impression 15g of Hollandis on an empty stomach for a first time would be a very big experience in terms of insights, reality bending , hallucinations etc, but it just felt like I'd taken a strong downer really.

Could anybody quess why? Could my history of anti depression drugs be to blame? (Haven't taken them for over 20 years, but I used to take them daily)

If anyone has any insights, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks for letting me ramble! :smile:

this is the typical effect of a a low sub-tripping shroom dose. The sleepy feeling you describe.

They were probably weak. I don't know much about truffles though. Actual mushrooms are usually very strong at the normal 3 g full dosages.

Welcome to the forum, stroud1977!

With mushrooms it's hard to estimate the right amount even with the same batch. But 15G! Were your truffles dried or fresh? I usually weight out 5Grams of dried cubensis and slowly nibble on them for about an hour until I feel "saturated" :D

Having serious intention when going into the psychedelic experience is great, I'd recommend to revisit with higher dosage. Also it's very beneficial (especially with shrooms or something deep and uncovering) to read an interesting new book, hike in the nature or even walk somewhere you usually don't, few days before and right before the trip - IME it gives depth, humor and positive psychedelia. ;)

Thanks for the replies guys.

They were 15g of fresh, vacuum packaged truffles (sclerosis)

Apparently 15g of fresh truffles is equivalent to around 3g of regular fresh shrooms. (But these were marketed as being more powerful than the normal strain)

Zamnesia (where I got them) say..

"The psilocybe Hollandia should be enjoyed with caution. These powerful lumps score a 5 on our 5 finger scale and only 7,5 grams are enough to show you a different world. As of 10-12 we are talking about a medium to strong effect (again, depending on many factors) and the full load of 15 grams is only recommended for the most experienced users. "

The sub tripping effect theory is interesting, I'm sure you're right, I'm just surprised as I'd read a sub tripping low dose would produce alertness, energy etc, but I couldn't move for a few hours.
For 6+ hours, I could feel I'd taken something strong, it just felt like a strong sedative.