• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery My cliché recovery journal

Happy Easter Rio.

your friend always,
Ash. xo

Happy Easter Ash! I feel like I don't hear as much from you these days - how have you been?

Hey. I'm glad you got through a shitty day. each time you get through should increase your confidence that you can do this. though also that can be annoying cos it gives you less of an excuse to use each time.

I am glad you talked to your friend on facebook, and yeah it probably is more responsible if he's in a shared building. i hope he responded positively to you, though remember you can only control what you do, and once you've tried, you have to accept the response on the other side. try and stay in contact at least. i guess now is a good time to, at least virtually, stay in touch with all the people who aren't negative influences in your life, given that we actually have time to do so, plus plenty of contemplation time. ha though i'm not taking my own advice really, i've actually been on my phone way less, apparently i mostly use it when i'm out.

and no my friend absolutely was not a drug addict and i think he genuinely believed that i was having some sort of breakdown. which is what i put having lost my job down to, and looking like absolute shit was down to me suffering post viral fatigue. i was always late, or would cancel at last minute. i'm susprised i could hold a coherent conversation with an intellectual equal tbh. lol that sounds way up myself but most of the users i hung out with weren't really able to talk about anything but using or grafting and didn't come across as very bright at all, whereas this guy i knew through work related stuff.

its my last day off work today. i'm pretty gutted. honestly no where near the point of boredom yet. i used to save all my holiday days for getting out of england ideally, so i'm not used to just having time off at home, and its quite nice. very chill. though today i gotta clean my room and promised to cook for my family.

You're totally right about the confidence thing! I try and check my confidence though because I know I haven't yet had the super intense cravings that have led me to relapse in the past, but every day is a victory, and I have been getting through mood swings and depression and mild urges, and I can only get stronger so that when the intense urges do come I can deal with them.

My friend was totally sound with me, I think he's finally taking the lockdown seriously as well. I've been keeping in regular touch with him now and have been going to the online SMART meetings which are on twice a day, and they've been massively helpful - I'm really enjoying them!

If the junkies you knew are anything like the ones I knew, then they seemed to have an IQ of 80 when it came to any topic that was even slightly intellectual, but were fucking 130 IQ savants when it came to manipulation and conning money out of people. They may not have been intellectual, but they were cunning as hell - people sneer at the idea of street smarts but there really is a distinct kind of intelligence that those people have that's just totally lacking in the middle class, white-collar world, IMO.

Good to hear you haven't been bored. Can't say I have either to be honest - I have a giant list of stuff to do and I find that as long as I stay occupied then I don't really ever feel bored. I only get bored if I'm trying to zone out and do something passive like watch a TV show or scroll through Reddit/Facebook - if I'm doing something where I'm actively engaged then I never feel bored, you know?

What are you spending your last day doing, chinup? And have you had any cravings etc??

Day 17 clean today. I think I'm starting to feel better - past experience tells me that the mood swings will continue on in some form for at least 2 months, but I am really hoping that the super-volatile stage where my mood can radically alter in hours for no reason is coming to an end. The lockdown has actually made it easier to stop - the knowledge that everyone is in the same boat as I am encourages me to stay home by myself rather than make excuses to go and see people I know I'd end up using with, and I don't have the feeling of being left out that I'd have usually in early sobriety, when I have to stay home every weekend but know that other people are out having fun and enjoying their lives. That feeling of loneliness & isolation can be really difficult at the start for me, so knowing that everyone is staying home just like I am has really helped.

I'm adopting the perspective that this lockdown is like a cocoon, and it's down to me whether I emerge from the cocoon as the same pathetic worm I crawled into it as, or realize my potential and emerge as a butterfly. I know it's a cheesy cliche, but it's helped me to frame this situation as an opportunity for self-development rather than an ordeal to be endured or a deprivation.

I've been taking 2mg of Subutex a day, and on Friday I'm going to be reducing to 1mg. My only concern is that these Espranor tablets are kind of tricky to split - they're like wafers that dissolve on your tongue, so you can't snap them in half like a regular pill. I've been practicing trying to split them with a knife, but it's difficult to get a clean, even split, and I'm concerned that if I don't divide them correctly then I'll be taking 1.2mg one day, 0.8 the next, 1.3 the next, 0.7 etc. This may not even be a problem, but it's possible that that could mean that on random days I'll get minor WD, which I definitely won't be able to handle. I can do WD when it's planned, intended and I'm prepared for it, but not haphazardly on random days. I may have to try using a ruler or something to try to split the pill evenly.

That concern aside though, I'm REALLY excited to reduce. It's been more than 2 years in which every day, without fail, I've either taken heroin or 2mg of Subutex, so I'm really eager to do the reduction and see what that's like and be progressing again towards being totally drug-free. I have gabapentin for the withdrawal and I'm hoping that this will be like all the other times I've reduced in the past where I've only needed it for the first day until I adjust to it - part of me is also looking forward to a gabapentin buzz if I'm honest, but I don't see that as a problem since it's never been habit-forming and I'm using it as a tool rather than an end in itself.

Hope everyone is doing well, I'll keep this thread updated with the progress on my reduction.

Glad to see your doing well @Rio Fantastic.. I am still doing alright. I have been getting drug cravings today but the thought of doing any of the available substances I have at my disposal is repugnant.

I was on methadone for 10yrs and the transition from saturated receptors to naked receptors can be quite a shock. It was a positive in that I felt alive for the first time in years and no longer felt that I was in an apathetic fog of depression but I found myself having cravings for the first time in years. I had cravings on methadone but they were just dull intellectualized cravings but that turned into full on emotional, magnet, tar pit trap, cravings. That I felt with my whole body and soul, so just prepare to feel things that you thought you would no longer feel upon stopping.

Feeling very restless and I have a benign systemic tremor that is noticeable today. It always acts up in the wake of gaba drug consumption. I took the benzos almost 3 weeks ago but then they gave me librium for another week in lock up and I played with pheni a few times and then I drank yesterday. Gotta lay off all the miscellaneous garbage. I threw out the pheni which I am kinda regretting atm... Oh well for the best and I can always buy more. I can't wait till work starts again. I'm getting cabin fever. I got 3mths opiate clean and even just a few uses in January. Really proud of myself though I do need to get some more healthy outlets. This lockdown without socialization has shown me that. I hope you have a good day.

ah rio i love the cheesy coming-out-of-lockdown-cocoon-as-a-butterly analogy. i'm glad that its actually making it psychologically easier to stay clean, cos you know you're not missing out on fun. i know what you mean though, when i was having to come up to my parents a lot when i was really bad, i would be driven mad knowing that my mates down in norwich were using. and that they'd have no money by the time i got back and need to sponge off me.

are you reducing by yourself then? can you not arrange with the drugs services to get 1mg tablets? cos it does sound risky. i know right now they're not doing daily scripts, so it might mean a delay. but is it not better to delay than risk fucking up? i'm guessing you don't have some accurate scales?

its definitely a good sign that you feel ready to reduce but do be careful. i have seen people relapse badly due to trying to reduce too quickly.

i really can't be arsed to work today. i was so desperate to get out of my parents before i moved out, now that my sister is here and i have somewhere else to go, i honestly think i'd be perfectly happy just living here and eating their food forever, i seem to have more that i want to do than i'll ever have time to, even when i can't leave the house!

Glad to see your doing well @Rio Fantastic.. I am still doing alright. I have been getting drug cravings today but the thought of doing any of the available substances I have at my disposal is repugnant.

I was on methadone for 10yrs and the transition from saturated receptors to naked receptors can be quite a shock. It was a positive in that I felt alive for the first time in years and no longer felt that I was in an apathetic fog of depression but I found myself having cravings for the first time in years. I had cravings on methadone but they were just dull intellectualized cravings but that turned into full on emotional, magnet, tar pit trap, cravings. That I felt with my whole body and soul, so just prepare to feel things that you thought you would no longer feel upon stopping.

Feeling very restless and I have a benign systemic tremor that is noticeable today. It always acts up in the wake of gaba drug consumption. I took the benzos almost 3 weeks ago but then they gave me librium for another week in lock up and I played with pheni a few times and then I drank yesterday. Gotta lay off all the miscellaneous garbage. I threw out the pheni which I am kinda regretting atm... Oh well for the best and I can always buy more. I can't wait till work starts again. I'm getting cabin fever. I got 3mths opiate clean and even just a few uses in January. Really proud of myself though I do need to get some more healthy outlets. This lockdown without socialization has shown me that. I hope you have a good day.

Really good to hear from you again, somni! I remember reading your post in the recovery thread - sounds like you had a pretty crazy time getting high on benzos, spiked with meth and arrested. Hope you got the crazy drug binge out of your system and now can you focus on sobriety!

I know it's not ideal, but I think the fact that you have gotten high on many substances that lower your inhibitions - benzos, phenibut, alcohol - and yet not taken opiates is a real testament to your commitment! For me, if I'm trying to do recovery but then I get fucked on diazepam, the first thing I'm looking for is heroin, so that's a sign of some internal progress I'd say. Obviously, you know that overall you'd be better off without taking the other drugs, but at least you aren't back at square 1 - 3 months off opiates is a really significant achievement, regardless of what else you're using.

You've actually triggered a memory for me when you're describing the opiate cravings post-methadone, especially when you clarified the distinction between purely cognitive cravings vs. the kind that seem to wrench your soul out of your chest with need rather than just an abstract desire. I last tried to come off all opiates a couple of years ago, and reading your post I remember some of the opiate cravings I had, and how surprised I was at the difference in the type of craving I was experiencing compared to when I was on Subutex. I definitely have to bear that in mind so I don't jeopardize my sobriety, so I think after the reduction tomorrow I'm going to wait and see if I have a noticeable increase in cravings, and give myself a longer adjustment period before deciding to take it any lower/jump off, so thanks for jogging my memory, I really appreciate it.

ah rio i love the cheesy coming-out-of-lockdown-cocoon-as-a-butterly analogy. i'm glad that its actually making it psychologically easier to stay clean, cos you know you're not missing out on fun. i know what you mean though, when i was having to come up to my parents a lot when i was really bad, i would be driven mad knowing that my mates down in norwich were using. and that they'd have no money by the time i got back and need to sponge off me.

are you reducing by yourself then? can you not arrange with the drugs services to get 1mg tablets? cos it does sound risky. i know right now they're not doing daily scripts, so it might mean a delay. but is it not better to delay than risk fucking up? i'm guessing you don't have some accurate scales?

its definitely a good sign that you feel ready to reduce but do be careful. i have seen people relapse badly due to trying to reduce too quickly.

i really can't be arsed to work today. i was so desperate to get out of my parents before i moved out, now that my sister is here and i have somewhere else to go, i honestly think i'd be perfectly happy just living here and eating their food forever, i seem to have more that i want to do than i'll ever have time to, even when i can't leave the house!

Yeah, I'm reducing by myself. Since CGI is pushing Espranor so hard (I'm sure there's some kind of financial incentive for this, I can think of no other reason why they'd have every single service user swapped to this specific brand rather than generic) the lowest strength pill I can get is 2mg until I'm ready to do a quick detox over a couple of weeks where they swap me to a generic form using 0.2mg strength pills and do a rapid taper then go off. Unfortunately, the doctor at my local CGI believes that a dose lower than 2mg has "zero therapeutic value", & so whereas before I could take a lower dose, see how I felt, stay on that dose if necessary and reduce when I was ready, the new doctor's dogmatic opinion means that the only way I can go lower than 2mg is by committing to being off it entirely within a couple of weeks as part of her detox plan, rather than doing it when I'm ready and adjusting it based on how I feel. It's extremely irritating, especially considering I spent a long period in the past on 0.8mg and the difference between that and being completely sober was enormous, and I tried to tell her that but she just repeated her insistence that "doses below 2mg have no therapeutic value".

I have to accept the world as I find it, though. Wishing that the doctor was different won't do me any good, so it just means that I'm having to do it by myself. I'm still on 2mg today and planning to reduce tomorrow, but I have been splitting my pill in the morning and I think as of this morning I've finally got the hang of it - found a way with a ruler and a razor to get a clean divide that looked bang on 50-50, so I'm going to be going down to 1mg tomorrow, but as somni reminded me of that difference in cravings I'll be staying at 1mg for a while, assuming my reduction is successful.

Hahahaha @ the whole grass is greener thing. When I lived at my Mum's I couldn't wait to move out, and though I do like living alone, whenever I have an empty fridge and £1 on my electric I can't help but wish I was still there sometimes! I think it's natural. What have you been doing to keep busy?? What don't you have the time to do?? I seem to have nothing but time to fill, so I'm actually a little jealous that you're managing to stay so busy!!

I went for a run today and did like 3 miles and it felt awesome. I'm really getting into running, I love the buzz that comes over me when I stop. I sat down on a bench in the park after I'd finished and was just suddenly struck by how beautiful the trees looked - though I'd been in the park for like an hour it was as if I hadn't actually seen what was right in front of me until that tranquil energy came over me. It was a really beautiful moment. I'm having a good day today - I know from experience not to tell myself "OH GREAT IM CURED NO MORE MOOD SWINGS EVER AGAIN", especially when I'm only at day 18, since then when the depression does come it surprises me, but I am making the most of the days I do feel good and trying to make the most of them. Lockdown can go on for another 2 months and I wouldn't be unhappy - this has been the perfect opportunity to fix myself up! :D

i really need to go to bed so will keep this short and write more tomorrow. i am super pissed it has been so nice all week and now its gonna rain tomorrow when i could actually be outside.

you are right that wishing the doctor different will do no good. it is shitty though. i'll wish they were different on your behalf lol. how did your first day reducing go? i really hope its relatively smooth sailing for you so far, though i know thats wishful thinking probably and am glad you have the gabapentin to help the initial drop. what i don't get is how not rattling when finally coming off opiates is of no theraputic value?!?!? like seriously, the aim is to not use heroin. heroin addicts almost by definition cannot hack a rattle. so forcing them to rattle for no reason is just ridiculous!!!

but i know doctors in places like that just get an idea and then they are the expert and don't listen to anyone else. its ridiculous, like when my ex went on subbies i looked at the proper scientific literature and the results were unbelievably poor. they are not accessible unless you have journal subscriptions, which i have via my job. but he was being presented them as a miracle cure. he had been addicted to heroin from the age of 12, at which his dad had started injecting him so he and his mates could sexually abuse him. a couple of fucking pills is not going to cure that.

the stuff i don't have time to do is play my bass, run, and read loads of books. the stuff thats occupying my time is my job, the work i do on the side which i need cos i'm broke and still spending money on this stupid browser game, annoying the kitten, and spending time with my family. so at the weekend i'll get to do all 3 on both days but in the week i only read at night, just go on the odd walk, barely get to play my bass, cos we are eating dinner together then we tend to play games which is nice, i don't grudge them or anything.

edit- also i just remembered. i want to do step work, learn russian (i even bought some materials!!), my adult colouring book, watch tv, but none of those even got a look in when i had my 6 days off work!

Last edited by a moderator:
How you doing rio i see you on day 17 that real good.You can do it you will emerge as a butterfly. Layne staley once sang that he goona rip of his skin and swim to shore your saying will stick in my head like that verse.

i really need to go to bed so will keep this short and write more tomorrow. i am super pissed it has been so nice all week and now its gonna rain tomorrow when i could actually be outside.

you are right that wishing the doctor different will do no good. it is shitty though. i'll wish they were different on your behalf lol. how did your first day reducing go? i really hope its relatively smooth sailing for you so far, though i know thats wishful thinking probably and am glad you have the gabapentin to help the initial drop. what i don't get is how not rattling when finally coming off opiates is of no theraputic value?!?!? like seriously, the aim is to not use heroin. heroin addicts almost by definition cannot hack a rattle. so forcing them to rattle for no reason is just ridiculous!!!

but i know doctors in places like that just get an idea and then they are the expert and don't listen to anyone else. its ridiculous, like when my ex went on subbies i looked at the proper scientific literature and the results were unbelievably poor. they are not accessible unless you have journal subscriptions, which i have via my job. but he was being presented them as a miracle cure. he had been addicted to heroin from the age of 12, at which his dad had started injecting him so he and his mates could sexually abuse him. a couple of fucking pills is not going to cure that.

the stuff i don't have time to do is play my bass, run, and read loads of books. the stuff thats occupying my time is my job, the work i do on the side which i need cos i'm broke and still spending money on this stupid browser game, annoying the kitten, and spending time with my family. so at the weekend i'll get to do all 3 on both days but in the week i only read at night, just go on the odd walk, barely get to play my bass, cos we are eating dinner together then we tend to play games which is nice, i don't grudge them or anything.

edit- also i just remembered. i want to do step work, learn russian (i even bought some materials!!), my adult colouring book, watch tv, but none of those even got a look in when i had my 6 days off work!

Holy fuck, your ex's story is horrific. Did he manage to quit in the end?? I can only imagine how much harder it must be to quit opiates when you've been using under those circumstances since you were 12. Jesus Christ. I imagine someone like that would need a lengthy stay in inpatient rehab at the least, no fucking way is any amount of subutex even going to start to remedy that kind of situation. Jesus Christ. Are you still in touch?

Yeah, the doctor is an idiot. From the conversations I've had with her I think I've managed to gleam that she read a study once one time that said that only doses above 2mg are effective, so she's taken that as gospel and decided that there's no point in putting anyone on a maintenance dose lower than that, and I wasn't able to persuade her. She has that upper-middle class ingrained conceited attitude that I imagine has probably only been strengthened by the fact she's surrounded by addicts all day. That combined with her "doctor knows best" attitude make an impenetrable shield of arrogance that prevent her from being reasoned with unfortunately.

You know chinup I end up in a really similar situation with how I spend free time. There's a bunch of stuff I want to do, that I know would give me more joy than playing slither or browsing Reddit but I find myself neglecting them unless I force myself to do them. I guess it's just the path of least resistance. It's actually awesome you want to learn a language tho! Can I ask you why Russian?

How you doing rio i see you on day 17 that real good.You can do it you will emerge as a butterfly. Layne staley once sang that he goona rip of his skin and swim to shore your saying will stick in my head like that verse.

I'm doing pretty good man. Day 21 today. Noticed when I looked back over this week that I haven't had any real cravings - thoughts here and there but nothing intense or that I couldn't handle, so that has to be positive! How's your lockdown going?

The reduction went well except I took a little too much gabapentin. I waited till I started to feel the discomfort to start taking them, but I have a bad habit of popping gabapentin like smarties once I feel them kick in so I ended up taking 30 of the 300mg tablets over the course of the day. The weird gabapentin buzz prevented me from feeling the WDs though - once they started to work I forgot I was even reducing multiple times, so they got the job done. Gabapentin is like alcohol for me - sure I enjoy it when I'm on it and I can say that the effects are pleasurable enough, but then I feel 0 desire or pull to do it again afterwards until the opportunity is there for alcohol or the situation calls for gabapentin again, in massive contrast to cocaine or heroin or even drugs like speed or ecstasy.

The day after the reduction, yesterday, was a little difficult, but not with any physical WDs, but mentally I just felt like I had absolutely no energy or motivation and was a little depressed. Got through it easily enough though and today I can feel that I'm starting to bounce back.

Overall it went so well I'm thinking of reducing to 0.5mg next week. I was going to give myself longer to adjust, but this went far better than my worst case scenario I was planning for, so I think there's no need to draw out the reduction process too much. I think I'll delay jumping off entirely no matter how well the next reduction goes, because in all likelihood the jump to 0mg will be the hard one, but I'm just glad I'm down to 1mg now. I've been on 2mg for almost 2 years so it's great that something positive has come out of this lockdown for me now and I'm making real measurable progress.

bruv gabapentin and pregabs take all the wd symptoms away great drugs for detox. like you i get addictedcto pregabs and the wd is hell . . You are doing well bruv take your time if you want . Its day 2 of me being on the pregabs i am buing i brought a ounce yesterday but been smoking them cali style which is straight only got ba little bit left . I hate driving around during the lockdown with drugs in car old bill are everywhere .Its nearly 3 in the morning and im still going feeling fucking great jimmy page blasting in my ears my pal nodded out on the other sofa this is our lock down not craving crack or gear so doing good have to jump of the pregabs tommorow but today i get fucked. Keep at it my brother i may be be a wrong example of drug abuse today but ill stop tommorow and will be nearing a year of thne gear so we may not be able to completely stop all drug abuse we are what we are and ill never stop smoking weed but we can stay away from the drug we love the most but causes us the most damage afterwards . At the moment i am not addicted to any drug i wake up and i control my body not heroin and mate its a great feeling so keep at it you doing grerat

This corona virus is killing me financially bruv this is the start of indian wedding season our busy time. We are paying our staff full wages which the goverment will cover 80 per cent so losing 20 percent a week plus no bookings and our fully booked for year so a fuck up with dates when back to normal proper head fuck.Got my baby due end of month and im trapped here . My mate lost the toss so will have to line up at tesco for a hour before he let in im goona proper wind him up before he leaves before that i have to do my drug run this bird i get my weed of has got a banging arse and perfect legs and feet and she flirts plus these pregabs make me horny im getting a stiffy just thinking of her . Ican not cheat on my wife but there is no connection between her and my wife so she wont find out and i wont tell any one and she not got a fella at the moment so no chance of some cunt finding out and coming to house . I think i can get away with it but dont want to cheat. What you reakon bruv a married man has sex with a women he not love has no feeling exept sexual i have sex thats that may do it more then once my wife 8000 miles away i still love my wife have no feeling for the women im cheating with is that really wrong wife still on her throne husband sexually fulfilled and happy a mistress has had her fill and is happy still has a fucking good customer for her good weed and if it happens again it happens all is good if i was a religous man i would be counting sins all day well time for me to post this message and commit another sin of watching porn and knocking one out stay well bro take care

This corona virus is killing me financially bruv this is the start of indian wedding season our busy time. We are paying our staff full wages which the goverment will cover 80 per cent so losing 20 percent a week plus no bookings and our fully booked for year so a fuck up with dates when back to normal proper head fuck.Got my baby due end of month and im trapped here . My mate lost the toss so will have to line up at tesco for a hour before he let in im goona proper wind him up before he leaves before that i have to do my drug run this bird i get my weed of has got a banging arse and perfect legs and feet and she flirts plus these pregabs make me horny im getting a stiffy just thinking of her . Ican not cheat on my wife but there is no connection between her and my wife so she wont find out and i wont tell any one and she not got a fella at the moment so no chance of some cunt finding out and coming to house . I think i can get away with it but dont want to cheat. What you reakon bruv a married man has sex with a women he not love has no feeling exept sexual i have sex thats that may do it more then once my wife 8000 miles away i still love my wife have no feeling for the women im cheating with is that really wrong wife still on her throne husband sexually fulfilled and happy a mistress has had her fill and is happy still has a fucking good customer for her good weed and if it happens again it happens all is good if i was a religous man i would be counting sins all day well time for me to post this message and commit another sin of watching porn and knocking one out stay well bro take care

Hahaha, man, I think having a mistress is totally fine as long as your wife NEVER finds out. It's your moral obligation to hide it from her, for her sake as well as yours. You haven't done anything wrong in my book until you let your wife find out, then you've not only got the drama to deal with but you've hurt & upset the woman you love. Don't be like my mate - he was cheating on his girlfriend then felt guilty about it and admitted it to her and when he told me I told him straight that he's a selfish wanker. He said "Yeah, but I've come clean now" and I told him he's a selfish wanker in my book for coming clean. Hurt the woman he supposedly loves just to relieve his own guilty conscience when he could have just kept it a secret and not put her through that shit. So yeah, as long as you're being careful and your wife never finds out then you've done no wrong.

Gabapentin amps my libido up as well. It made me seriously consider fucking my friends girlfriend who I saw on Friday and she was being super flirty with me and even offered to tell my friend that she had to go out to get him out of her place so I could go over. Usually I wouldn't have entertained the thought for a second, but because of the gabapentin I was on the verge of accepting her offer. I gotta watch that next time I take it - I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I slept with my best friend's girlfriend and the fallout from that could have been crazy.

I know you're still losing money, but it could be worse mate - imagine if they weren't furloughing your 80% and you just had to let the business tank completely. I bet when this is all over plenty of people are going to throw parties to celebrate and your business will come roaring back.

A year off heroin!! Yuba man I can't believe it's been a year since you were struggling and posting your relapses in your thread. You've come so far. You inspire me, man. I'm doing a lot better today, but I'm about to go and make some money by writing an English paper for a girl I know and she will be putting £50 in my hand, so I've made an arrangement to give it to my Mum who I owe money to anyway so that I'm not tempted to use. Thankfully though my mood has bounced back today - the subutex reduction fucked with my head way more than I thought it would. I figured it would just be a day or two of being physically uncomfortable, but the gabapentin got rid of 100% of the physical withdrawal and instead from Saturday till today I've been feeling really depressed & empty. Thank God I've bounced back today, else I'd have been risking relapse by having £50 in my hand while I'm struggling with depression & cravings.

Hows lockdown going??? You miss the USA, yuba?

Bruv give that 50 straight to your mum its not worth the mental torture of keeping it. These pregabs and gabapentin really make you crazyshe horny. I went down to get a couple of ounces the dealer offered tea I said yea. While she was making me tea i wrapped one up but not a spliff a straight weed one . Her weed was good fucked both of us she got me a juice but this time sat next to me i wrapped another one up as we smoking it im getting the signals only problem no condoms so Thats in my head. I had done 3 300mg capsules of pregabs before coming to her and now they are kicking in im so fucking horny at the time im thinking im gonna devestate this bird . We started kissing you know what bruv it not feel right in my head im thinking this girl she in her early 20s im 44 she old enough to be my daughter but the pregabs were making me super horny i ended up having unprotected sex a few times felt like a perv tell you the truth so ended up cheating on my wife who next year would be 30 years together . But the crazy thing in this rio i dont feel guilty never do itts something bad inside me. I will push all my feelings about age differance to one side and see this girl again we agreed wea had a good time she so fit a part of me feels great that me at 44 could pull a girl half my age i aint tried to pull in years after getting caught banging my wife's friend i changed tactics and started fuckings escorts no link no chance to get caught so this felt great.Dont bang your best friends bird that a low move my old man the cunt did teach me a few good things and one was if a man respects you enough to invite you to his house never cheak out his women and its true in my non heroin days i cheated a lot but never with another mans women dont be that guy. If the gabs are taking tyhe wd away get of them a few days let your tolerance build up on them then just stop the subs and take gabapentin then jump of the gabapentin. Your doing well you can also get to 1 year like im about to many close calls and no doubt there will be many more life is so much better one day you be a year clean in bed with a beautiful woman smoking a joint and think this is life . Be good my brother im gonna keep banging this bird till it fizzle outs bruv this girl tastes so good i be down there for a hour i been getting my pal that lives in my house to reassure m,e im not a dirty old man but bruv i look good for my age and have been proper training for a year on the bag weights and road running i done my generation proud and you can neverbeat the body of a women in her twenties

Holy fuck, your ex's story is horrific. Did he manage to quit in the end?? I can only imagine how much harder it must be to quit opiates when you've been using under those circumstances since you were 12. Jesus Christ. I imagine someone like that would need a lengthy stay in inpatient rehab at the least, no fucking way is any amount of subutex even going to start to remedy that kind of situation. Jesus Christ. Are you still in touch?

i don't think he managed to quit but i don't know, not seen him since 2014. i know he went to some fancy rehab but split with some girl he'd met there. he got half a million pounds in criminal injuries compensation and fucked off, having lived in my house for free, not even buying his own food, for 2 and a hakf years. thats when i got bad on the dark really. with him i knew i needed to stay in control cos he was not going to. when he left and i felt so hurt and used i just stopped trying to control it.

Yeah, the doctor is an idiot. From the conversations I've had with her I think I've managed to gleam that she read a study once one time that said that only doses above 2mg are effective, so she's taken that as gospel and decided that there's no point in putting anyone on a maintenance dose lower than that, and I wasn't able to persuade her. She has that upper-middle class ingrained conceited attitude that I imagine has probably only been strengthened by the fact she's surrounded by addicts all day. That combined with her "doctor knows best" attitude make an impenetrable shield of arrogance that prevent her from being reasoned with unfortunately.

oh my fucking god, that doctor sounds annoying. that upper middle class conceited attitude does my head in. i went to a private girls school for 5 years, and while my parents are quite well off they were only just able to afford to send me there, whereas for most of the girls there it was nothing to spend the money to send their kids to a good school. i hated it. i had one year that i threatened my parents to kill myself every fucking night. i did not fit in at all and constantly had rumours going round about my drug use and sexual exploits, which were almost never true. and yeah, being around addicts all day will make her worse, and she will use it for virtual signalling at dinner parties i'm sure.

i am tempted to risk using my institutional login to find recent studies on subutex to see what the current consensus is for low doses of subutex. what i also don't get is how your doctor is unable to distinguish between maintenance and taper, surely she doesn't make everyone jump off from 2mg?

You know chinup I end up in a really similar situation with how I spend free time. There's a bunch of stuff I want to do, that I know would give me more joy than playing slither or browsing Reddit but I find myself neglecting them unless I force myself to do them. I guess it's just the path of least resistance. It's actually awesome you want to learn a language tho! Can I ask you why Russian?

i think its pretty common to just piss time away when you know there is stuff you want to be doing. i'm getting annoyed at myself about not meditating at all too. i've been really irritable the past few days, my mum is doing my nut in, and i'm sure it'd help. i've been finding it really hard to work as well, thankfully given the lab people are not working, i'm not having a backlog build up at least.

i wanna learn russian so i can speak the language of our overlords lol. honestly Putin basically rules the world at this point. also, i want to go to central asia and the common language there is russian. i'm actually booked to go to tajikistan and uzbekistan this year but it may not happen at this point.

i'm really glad your mood has stabilised on your sub reduction. i hope your mood continues to be good! and yes do give the £50 to your mum!!

Bruv give that 50 straight to your mum its not worth the mental torture of keeping it. These pregabs and gabapentin really make you crazyshe horny. I went down to get a couple of ounces the dealer offered tea I said yea. While she was making me tea i wrapped one up but not a spliff a straight weed one . Her weed was good fucked both of us she got me a juice but this time sat next to me i wrapped another one up as we smoking it im getting the signals only problem no condoms so Thats in my head. I had done 3 300mg capsules of pregabs before coming to her and now they are kicking in im so fucking horny at the time im thinking im gonna devestate this bird . We started kissing you know what bruv it not feel right in my head im thinking this girl she in her early 20s im 44 she old enough to be my daughter but the pregabs were making me super horny i ended up having unprotected sex a few times felt like a perv tell you the truth so ended up cheating on my wife who next year would be 30 years together . But the crazy thing in this rio i dont feel guilty never do itts something bad inside me. I will push all my feelings about age differance to one side and see this girl again we agreed wea had a good time she so fit a part of me feels great that me at 44 could pull a girl half my age i aint tried to pull in years after getting caught banging my wife's friend i changed tactics and started fuckings escorts no link no chance to get caught so this felt great.Dont bang your best friends bird that a low move my old man the cunt did teach me a few good things and one was if a man respects you enough to invite you to his house never cheak out his women and its true in my non heroin days i cheated a lot but never with another mans women dont be that guy. If the gabs are taking tyhe wd away get of them a few days let your tolerance build up on them then just stop the subs and take gabapentin then jump of the gabapentin. Your doing well you can also get to 1 year like im about to many close calls and no doubt there will be many more life is so much better one day you be a year clean in bed with a beautiful woman smoking a joint and think this is life . Be good my brother im gonna keep banging this bird till it fizzle outs bruv this girl tastes so good i be down there for a hour i been getting my pal that lives in my house to reassure m,e im not a dirty old man but bruv i look good for my age and have been proper training for a year on the bag weights and road running i done my generation proud and you can neverbeat the body of a women in her twenties

Hahaha man, not bad for a 44 year old man! But unprotected? come on yuba, you know better than that. The last thing you need is another child on the way from an affair. I never trust women who say they're on the pill - they may be lying, or even telling the truth but just taking it when they remember, or they could be out to entrap you, or anything! You could pull all this off responsibly if you just used protection mate.

I would love to be a year clean. I'm about halfway from beating my record now - I'm at 25 days, longest I've ever gone is 52 days. I'm starting to feel stronger - I think I didn't realize how much of an effect the subs were having on my mindset, since halving my dose I feel way more clear headed and less tired throughout the days. I didn't think it was having any effect, but I guess that was just because I was so used to being on it.

i don't think he managed to quit but i don't know, not seen him since 2014. i know he went to some fancy rehab but split with some girl he'd met there. he got half a million pounds in criminal injuries compensation and fucked off, having lived in my house for free, not even buying his own food, for 2 and a hakf years. thats when i got bad on the dark really. with him i knew i needed to stay in control cos he was not going to. when he left and i felt so hurt and used i just stopped trying to control it.

oh my fucking god, that doctor sounds annoying. that upper middle class conceited attitude does my head in. i went to a private girls school for 5 years, and while my parents are quite well off they were only just able to afford to send me there, whereas for most of the girls there it was nothing to spend the money to send their kids to a good school. i hated it. i had one year that i threatened my parents to kill myself every fucking night. i did not fit in at all and constantly had rumours going round about my drug use and sexual exploits, which were almost never true. and yeah, being around addicts all day will make her worse, and she will use it for virtual signalling at dinner parties i'm sure.

i am tempted to risk using my institutional login to find recent l on subutex to see what the current consensus is for low doses of subutex. what i also don't get is how your doctor is unable to distinguish between maintenance and taper, surely she doesn't make everyone jump off from 2mg?

i think its pretty common to just piss time away when you know there is stuff you want to be doing. i'm getting annoyed at myself about not meditating at all too. i've been really irritable the past few days, my mum is doing my nut in, and i'm sure it'd help. i've been finding it really hard to work as well, thankfully given the lab people are not working, i'm not having a backlog build up at least.

i wanna learn russian so i can speak the language of our overlords lol. honestly Putin basically rules the world at this point. also, i want to go to central asia and the common language there is russian. i'm actually booked to go to tajikistan and uzbekistan this year but it may not happen at this point.

i'm really glad your mood has stabilised on your sub reduction. i hope your mood continues to be good! and yes do give the £50 to your mum!!

I personally would love it if you could look up the studies on Subutex, if only to see the look on her patronizing face when she doesn't know best and I have studies to back up the personal experience. Would probably destroy her whole world view if I gave her sources to back up what I was saying, haha. Don't do it if you could get in trouble though.

If you want to get into meditation I'd recommend starting at just 5 minutes a day. That's it. Anyone can spare that, right? If I try and get back into meditation by telling myself I'm going to do half an hour every morning then I know I'll end up putting it off, but 5 minutes is so little time that I don't procrastinate on it, then once I've done 5 minutes a day for a few days and got the first days out the way where I just sit there thinking constantly, once I start to get into it a little bit then I find I want to increase the time since I'm only really getting the hang of it for like the last minute of the 5 minutes. By starting there I've gone from 5 minutes a day to 20 minutes a day and I'm increasing it still. It's best to ease into these things, so maybe give that a try if you want to get into it.

I did give the money to my Mum in the end, but it was really weird. It felt like I was depriving myself of something. I had to really force myself, because there was a loud voice in my head that was screaming at me as I walked to hers to turn around and call my dealer, and then as I was leaving after giving her the money I felt like I was missing out on something. It took an hour or so for my rational perspective to come back and to see that I'd made the right decision and actually be pleased about it, but I am so glad now that I didn't relapse.

25 days clean today! When lockdown is over I'm going to come out of it with a fresh, sober perspective, and with the first few tumultuous weeks of sobriety out the way, and I can't fucking wait!!

Hi everyone. 29 days clean today!

I picked up a technique in SMART recovery that I've been focusing on recently, and it's been really helping me. It's called "Unconditional Self Acceptance". It's basically the principle that we shouldn't make our self-respect or self-acceptance based on us achieving X, Y or Z or person X liking us or on anything. We should accept ourselves entirely as we are - we are just people with flaws, we aren't perfect and we never will be. Nobody is. There is no reason we should hold ourselves to a higher standard than we hold others to. This doesn't mean we can't feel bad if we make mistakes - everyone makes mistakes. The very fact we see what we did a mistake means we regret it, so there's no need to beat ourselves up further when something doesn't go our way.

I'm not explaining it fantastically, but something about hearing it put in a certain way really clicked with me. I made the decision to focus on this for a week or so just a couple days ago, and when being mindful of that I've noticed that I get down on myself so much. Negative trains of thought creep in and if I'm not careful they can became a full-blown craving. This can happen in the blink of an eye - I can have a negative thought, get a negative emotion, and start craving heroin all in the space of 30 seconds. However, embracing the principle of accepting myself no matter what has been a huge help! Now when I start getting negative, I remind myself that I accept myself unconditionally, and it stop there. It's been really helping me.

I've been doing daily online SMART meetings and they've been a huge help. If anyone is struggling I'd recommend them entirely - you can access them from any country, they're held 1-3 times a day, and you don't have to say anything if you don't want to. It's on Adobe Connect so there are no webcams, just microphones, and you can just sit and listen if you want. I thought I knew the SMART program well, but I have learnt so much more in these past couple weeks going to these meetings. I feel like I knew it in my head before, but now I am really getting to grips with it I can apply it to my thoughts more and more.

Things are going pretty well! The nice weather we've been having in the UK appears to have passed now, which sucks, but oh well. Hope everyone is good!

i really like that idea of unconditional self acceptance, it definitely fall sinto the 'easier said than done' pile, like everything else worth doing i guess.

i'm really glad that you are using this time to engage more fully in recovery stuff, and that its getting through!! i guess this is exactly what this sort of time is good for. i am quite tempted to look at smart. i think i needed the hardlineless of NA when i first got into recovery, but now i am seeing people using that hard line attitude to hurt people. like my sponsor doesn't want anything to do with one of my best mates from NA, cos she's still on a script with no sign of being remotely ready to get off it, and 'isn't doing enough towards her recovery.' like ffs the poor girl is constantly battling to get appropriate treatment but has complex issues going right back to childhood sexual abuse and the psych services keep trying to pawn her off on the drugs services, and vice versa. she needs trauma therapy but isn't stable enough to have it, and until she's had that i see no point in her getting off her script cos i 100% would have relapsed as soon as i got out of rehab if i hadn't had thrauma therapy so i could close my fucking eyes without seeing myself being either raped or strangled. urgh makes me angry.

plus i now am in the vast majority of people in NA who are bullshitting cos of using a few weeks back. i'd love to admit it but they put so much emphasis on clean time, not recovery, and also i'm treasurer for a meeting that is really struggling and i'd feel awful putting them in the position of having to get someone else to do it.

i need to be quick cos i'm supposed to be working, will try to write more later. i remembered we actually use buprenorphine in our lab, as an animal anaesthetic or something, so it won't be too dodgy me looking for papers on it. its really nuts my colleagues literally had no idea it had any other use, til we were talking about what an absolute nutter i am and one of them asked if i'd ever been in 'real trouble, like getting arrested' and i had to explain i'd been caught with that. though one of them had been arrested for trespassing on a russian military base so glad i wasn't the only one who's done some dodgy shit in the past.

How you doing rio loved your comment about accepting flaws its the great thing about bluelight sometimes someone posts something that really sinks in thanks mate. Im on about day 14 of a pregab binge only got 4 300 mg left and cant get no more for couple of weeks so now im fucked will have some sort of comedown.Going to have to end the affair started doing coke with her which is only going to end in a relapse .This affair made me feel young for a few days but now it just makes me realise how old i am that jest for life faded years ago. Sorry i seem low its just that dread when you know your stash is low and the withdrawls are coming im such a fucking idiot

Hello everyone.

I've been a Bluelighter for a long time. From my very first intense curiosity about drugs when I was 16, before I'd ever even drank, right up to now. To cut a long story short, I got heavy into smoking weed and then experimented with a large variety of drugs. I became a daily weed smoker but took regular tolerance breaks so I didn't consider myself truly addicted. I tried almost everything but didn't get hooked on anything except cigarettes, and they along with weed & coffee were my only daily vices. When I was 19 I had a manic episode which totally turned my life on its head. I was sectioned, had to drop out of university, and my entire life was derailed. After the mania subsided I fell into a brutal, brutal depression. It was the darkest period of my life and I struggled with thoughts of suicide and an intense hopelessness and misery that I was convinced was permanent. It was during this period that I found heroin.

Typical story. I thought it would be just another in my list of drug experiences and that I'd be able to manage it like all the others I'd tried, enjoyed, but managed to moderate. Just like everyone else thinks. Just like all my fellow junkies, I was wrong. My arrogance and recklessness combined with my depression was my downfall. I tried heroin. I loved heroin. The depression ended up lifting, but the heroin habit stuck around. In the six years since I can best be defined as a chronic relapser. Year in and year out I have periods of using daily followed by stretches of sobriety, either forced because of my lack of money or because of concerted efforts to quit. Neither sobriety nor constant using ends up lasting long. My longest period of continuous sobriety in the last six years has been 8 months during & after rehab, 4 months other than that. My longest period of daily using hasn't been longer than 4 months, but typically the sobriety & using alternates in periods of a few days to a month or so.

I keep trying to stop and I keep failing. I tried rehab and voluntarily attempted to indoctrinate myself into the 12 steps that the whole rehab was based on, but I was continually plagued by doubts about the higher power that underlies it. (Please don't recite to me "We agnostics" or the various lines fed to the non-religious about the spirit of the universe or the power of the group. I know them inside & out and deployed them on the doubtful many, many times in rehab). I think it was a combination of the cognitive dissonance from trying to constantly suppress my doubts about God, the boredom from rehab (I stayed there far too long), the lack of direction I had in life at the time and my mild seasonal depression that led to me relapsing whilst at rehab. I was kicked out, and then fell into the worst period of using I've ever had. I was living with other junkies so I never had to stop for long, I was without any kind of replacement medication (I wasn't even signed up to a drugs agency) and ended up picking up a crack habit as well. I'd tried crack many times before but never fell into it hard, but because it was constantly around I ended up picking that up along with heroin.

I ended up fleeing back home, and since then I have just been trying to quit and relapsing again and again. To be fair to myself, I am achieving longer stretches than before and I am making progress, I just need to find some sticking power. Thankfully, I am insulated from the worst consequences of my using - i have a buprenorphine script to fall back on. It's a double-edged sword however - on the one hand, I no longer have to live my life in fear of withdrawal that drives me to crime, spending my rent/food money and that sheer desperation that comes with
Hello everyone.

I've been a Bluelighter for a long time. From my very first intense curiosity about drugs when I was 16, before I'd ever even drank, right up to now. To cut a long story short, I got heavy into smoking weed and then experimented with a large variety of drugs. I became a daily weed smoker but took regular tolerance breaks so I didn't consider myself truly addicted. I tried almost everything but didn't get hooked on anything except cigarettes, and they along with weed & coffee were my only daily vices. When I was 19 I had a manic episode which totally turned my life on its head. I was sectioned, had to drop out of university, and my entire life was derailed. After the mania subsided I fell into a brutal, brutal depression. It was the darkest period of my life and I struggled with thoughts of suicide and an intense hopelessness and misery that I was convinced was permanent. It was during this period that I found heroin.

Typical story. I thought it would be just another in my list of drug experiences and that I'd be able to manage it like all the others I'd tried, enjoyed, but managed to moderate. Just like everyone else thinks. Just like all my fellow junkies, I was wrong. My arrogance and recklessness combined with my depression was my downfall. I tried heroin. I loved heroin. The depression ended up lifting, but the heroin habit stuck around. In the six years since I can best be defined as a chronic relapser. Year in and year out I have periods of using daily followed by stretches of sobriety, either forced because of my lack of money or because of concerted efforts to quit. Neither sobriety nor constant using ends up lasting long. My longest period of continuous sobriety in the last six years has been 8 months during & after rehab, 4 months other than that. My longest period of daily using hasn't been longer than 4 months, but typically the sobriety & using alternates in periods of a few days to a month or so.

I keep trying to stop and I keep failing. I tried rehab and voluntarily attempted to indoctrinate myself into the 12 steps that the whole rehab was based on, but I was continually plagued by doubts about the higher power that underlies it. (Please don't recite to me "We agnostics" or the various lines fed to the non-religious about the spirit of the universe or the power of the group. I know them inside & out and deployed them on the doubtful many, many times in rehab). I think it was a combination of the cognitive dissonance from trying to constantly suppress my doubts about God, the boredom from rehab (I stayed there far too long), the lack of direction I had in life at the time and my mild seasonal depression that led to me relapsing whilst at rehab. I was kicked out, and then fell into the worst period of using I've ever had. I was living with other junkies so I never had to stop for long, I was without any kind of replacement medication (I wasn't even signed up to a drugs agency) and ended up picking up a crack habit as well. I'd tried crack many times before but never fell into it hard, but because it was constantly around I ended up picking that up along with heroin.

I ended up fleeing back home, and since then I have just been trying to quit and relapsing again and again. To be fair to myself, I am achieving longer stretches than before and I am making progress, I just need to find some sticking power. Thankfully, I am insulated from the worst consequences of my using - i have a buprenorphine script to fall back on. It's a double-edged sword however - on the one hand, I no longer have to live my life in fear of withdrawal that drives me to crime, spending my rent/food money and that sheer desperation that comes with impending bad withdrawal, which has improved my life compared to when I didn't have it. However, without having withdrawal to worry about it makes it easier to relapse as I know I can use my subutex and don't have to suffer too badly.

Full disclosure - I have relapsed today. I had a long stretch under my belt, but I have been stressed as work cut my hours to the point where I may be forced to find a new job and I'd been having cravings anyway, so I caved in today. However, I have surrendered control of my money to my mother for a couple of days so I can't continue tomorrow, and want more than anything to get sober again. This is part of what this thread is for - it lets me express myself, organise my thoughts, holds me somewhat accountable, and if somewhere down the line I manage to help someone who can relate to me then that will be great as well. I write a journal most days anyway, so I figured I might as well post it. So here it is. Day 0. Day 1 starts again tomorrow. If anyone has actually read this whole thing - I promise future entries won't be so lengthy!
Full disclosure - I have relapsed today. I had a long stretch under my belt, but I have been stressed as work cut my hours to the point where I may be forced to find a new job and I'd been having cravings anyway, so I caved in today. However, I have surrendered control of my money to my mother for a couple of days so I can't continue tomorrow, and want more than anything to get sober again. This is part of what this thread is for - it lets me express myself, organise my thoughts, holds me somewhat accountable, and if somewhere down the line I manage to help someone who can relate to me then that will be great as well. I write a journal most days anyway, so I figured I might as well post it. So here it is. Day 0. Day 1 starts again tomorrow. If anyone has actually read this whole thing - I promise future entries won't be so lengthy!