Site Feedback MUSIC: How to post music vids on BL?? I am clueless:(

lovemissile66

Bluelighter
I am completely non-tech. But I want to share my beloved music on BL. How to do so in the plainest terms possible?!

@lovemissile66

1) It has to already be shared on the internet somewhere, like YouTube - we cannot store media on Bluelight due to storage availability on our server.

2) Once you have located it on YouTube, for example, then you copy the URL of that particular YouTube page, then just right of the paperclip icon in the thread editor there will be an icon of a double picture -- not the single picture-- (the share media icon).

3 )Press the Share Media Icon from step 2 and paste the URL you copied from Youtube into the menu that comes up and press insert.

Done. ⚡

It's that easy :cool:

Last edited:
Hello!

It's easy! Here are some simple instructions.

1. Go to YouTube.
2. Search for the music you want to post.
3. Open that video, and copy the video's link (in the address bar)
4. Decide where you want to post the video (which BL thread, I mean)
5. Click on the Media icon (2nd to the last item on the edit menu)
6. Paste the video link into the Enter Media URL field
7. Press Continue & your video should appear

Questions?

🙏

@MydriHaze, This is a tech help sub forum. If you can't help answer a serious question then you can at least not post pictures that have no bearing on the question or add to their genuine concern. We want to make sure any answers to genuine concerns are helpful and clear to follow.

There are plenty of sub forums to post free flow pictures etc. It is not censorship, this subforum is not the lounge where random convo is the norm.

Thanks in advance for your understanding ...

I understood completely! :)

Guess i'll have to be happy to at least know after the shit blew..

Hello!

It's easy! Here are some simple instructions.
4. Decide where you want to post the video (which BL thread, I mean)
5. Click on the Media icon (2nd to the last item on the edit menu)
6. Paste the video link into the Enter Media URL field
7. Press Continue & your video should appear

Questions?

🙏
I really appreciate the prayer hands!!!!!LOL. Cheshire Cat, you lost me at paper clip!!! OMGX - Los Anhttps://youtu.be/fUiZh

1. Go to YouTube.
2. Search for the music you want to post.
3. Open that video, and copy the video's link (in the address bar)
ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUiZHt6sqg4Ht6sqg4geles - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUiZHt6sqg4YouTube I'm fucked. I don't even think I can copy and paste. But I am going to try!!!

i cannot paste into the media URL field. i open the field and can't drag anything or copy into it!:mad::mad:

i cannot paste into the media URL field. i open the field and can't drag anything or copy into it!:mad::mad:
I think you cannot 'drag' the link into the "Enter Media URL" field - I think you have to copy & paste the link. Are you on a PC, or... ?

I've never used the media icon, I always just paste the link directly into the reply box as Specified said above.

The XF software is supposed to recognize the url type and will apply 'media' code around it accordingly when you post. However, there are some media that XF doesn't like and won't accept. When raising this type of issue, it's good to list what type of media (from what site, if it is mp4 or whatever) to help troubleshoot.

From which site? What device and operating system are you on? What browser? Any of these could be causing you an issue.

Ok, I'm on a laptop. What reply box are you talking about. When I click on a video on youtube, it gives me the option of copy video url or copy video url current time. Windows 10. Browser is Edge. fuck me, Johnny can't read!!!!!

Ok, I'm on a laptop. What reply box are you talking about. When I click on a video on youtube, it gives me the option of copy video url or copy video url current time. Windows 10. Browser is Edge. fuck me, Johnny can't read!!!!!
Who is Johnny?

Right click on the YouTube video, left click on either "Copy video URL" or "Copy video URL at current time", come back here to your post, right click in your post (which should be open for editing) and select paste (and then either preview to ensure it's working and/or post reply). It doesn't get much simpler than that I'm afraid.

You can also press Ctrl+V to paste into your post (which should be open for editing) after copying the URL as indicated above.

You can also use the YouTube "Share" option that appears below the video on YouTube i.e. simply left click on it, a block pops up, displays the URL, and you right click on "COPY". Then return here and paste using either of the options detailed above.

Some few other things:

Your YouTube video cannot be listed as "Private" on YouTube (visibility setting) i.e. it must be listed as either "Unlisted" or "Public".

Unless you're concerned about your privacy and identity: ensure it's a throwaway YouTube account. If not: anybody can simply click on the video at the top left hand corner of the video as it appears here and that will lead them straight to your channel.

If you make a YouTube video age restricted: members can only view said video by logging into YouTube. Most will not want to do that and will ignore the video.