• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Mushrooms Subthread] First time Shrooming

How many grams of dry P. Cubensis mushrooms would you recommend for a first time?

• Up to 1 gram

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Over 1 gram and up to 1.5 grams

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Over 1.5 grams and up to 2.5 grams

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Over 2.5 grams and up to 3.5 grams

• Over 3.5 grams

• Total voters
A steady bud hookup from a shady guy in the alley according to cannabis discussion, best get those mushies.

You make it sound like you don't care what your taking aslong as your getting high.. Oh well, no reality bending shrooms for me, ill settle for weed...

A steady bud hookup from a shady guy in the alley according to cannabis discussion, best get those mushies.

You make it sound like you don't care what your taking aslong as your getting high.. Oh well, no reality bending shrooms for me, ill settle for weed...

Yeah I'm not sure where you picked up that vibe from.

1st time shrooms with buddy- an 8th each;; Set and setting?

Please read and talk to me Its my first trip and i really want some help to comfort me as i am kind of anxious and confused

Ok well a while i was supposed to get some mushies and it was supposed to be my first psychedelic trip.. Ok now we are going to get some for sure from a VERY reliable source.... Me and my friend (my drug buddie) We done everything together... Were going to do this together... We are going to get an 8th each... Now... This is our very first psychedelic trip.... We are both planning to eat our 8ths..... What im wondering is.... Should we eat half... and since its our first half try to chill and get the hang of it.. and like 30 or 45 minutes later we eat the other half? Also.. For setting we are either deciding going to the movies with some other friends to go watch where the wild things are.. Or go to venice beach (We live in Los angeles) Any insight, tips, or anything at all...

I greatly appreciate it<3

I would certainly not go to a public place the first time you trip. In my mind thats asking for trouble. Oh and just eat the whole 1/8 unless you know for a fact their really strong.

Make sure you have positive mood and a safe comfortable eviroment to chill and trip at. Having the postive attitude sets the tone of the trip and is very important its very common to have a bad trip because of a bad day.

Mushrooms in public.

That's the wrong place for a 1st time mushroom trip. You need to know how the substance behaves before you go running around in public on it. If you start to freak out whats going to happen? What happens if you spaz to the point they have to call security? If you live in Venice Beach, go to the beach. Watch the sunset. Marvel at the stars as they poke out from the sky.

It may be in your best interest to get 3/8:
Eat a half 1/8, see how it feels.
Then if that's okay... wait a week or two and try more. You'll be less prone to popping a gasket if you know how to control yourself on it, and know what to expect. A whole 1/8 is LOT to handle for your first trip, its especially intense if you plan on having herb with it.

Be careful. Do you have a sober/experienced sitter? I ate mushrooms my first time with friends who had done them several times, and I sure didn't eat a whole 1/8... We actually split a 1/4 between 3 people. If its your buddy's first time too... a whole 1/8 is an extraordinarily bad idea.

Be some place you can relax without being interrupted. Its not like weed... You can't just collect yourself and get on with things. Once you've dosed, count on about 5 hours. Once you've boarded the train, there's no getting off.

Its fun, to be sure. But make sure you do it right.

Ok so those places are out of the question.... I think that we are just going to kick it at a friends house while he trip sits us because he's going to be sober... An yea I am really trying to prepare myself mentally and I'm trying to make sure to have a positive and good mindset.... So now the question is about dosage... What do you guys think? I've Gotten mixed answered from different friends and were for sure getting an 8th each but I want to know of that's going to be TOO intense for our first trip... What do you guys think would be the best? I am for sure gonna have some weed... I mean ive done other thing too but nothing psychedelic... Some stimuants like cocaine and Ritalin but mainly ecstasy and opiates.. I know it's like trying to compare an apple to a pear but I'm just saying like inhave a bigger mindspand with drugs then just weed.. Just saying that I'm kind of used to having that tripped out feeling...

Sorry for babbling on... So... Basically what I'm asking is what would be a safe amount or a first time and incase it's too intense or I'm having a difficult or bad trip anyways to cope and preent that?

Sorry, But this one seems like a pretty simple choice, I'm no expert But I've had my fair share with Mushrooms. Anyways Do This with someone you are the MOST combertable with and do it at a isolated area were you guys can trip alone, A much better experince, I've never tried doing it at a public place but a friend of mine has and he said it was horrible, he got really freaked out and schizo thought people were talkin' about him and he ran out of the party lol.

Do it with some of you trust waaaaay better trip and you learn so much about the world and becuase you will probably say stuff to people you wouldent normaly say personal stuff that only you and you're closest friends can talk about and know nothing can go wrong.

Best of luck!

Seriously, if its your first time tripping on mushrooms.
Do it in a Familiar Setting, like your house surrounded by things you love.
Play your favorite music, as long as its not "death metal" Oriented.
and just lie down and relax and let the cosmic shift envelope you.

Also i've found the trick with Mushrooms, is to consume the quantity you wish to trip out on.
Entirely. If you don't you get a "disjointed" peak.

I STRONGLY recommend you do NOT go into public at all. That means no beach and no movies. I do recommend being in nature if possible as it is the ideal situation to trip in. You live in LA so it might be hard to get to nature that doesn't have other people, but if you can manage, please do yourself a favor and do it. :) Maybe someone's back yard if it's private.

The main thing is to avoid stressful situations. Set and setting are of utmost important. Set refers to mental set and this means you need to go into it with a positive mindset, wityhout anything subconsciously bothering you. Make sure you don't have other responsibilities that might stress you out, or that you're not hiding something from yourself.

Setting refers to the circumstances in the external world you put yourself in. This is VERY important so please do yourselves a favor and don't ignore this part. Make sure you're alone with just the people you're tripping with. Being around people not in your group will almost surely cause anxiety and is a great way to make a trip frightening and unpleasant. Make sure you only trip with people you truly trust and are close to. If there is weirdness between anyone, it will come out during the trip for sure. Make sure you do not have any responsibilities that will come up during the trip. Make sure you will not need to appear like you're not tripping to others at any time during the trip. Turn off your phones.

Above all, remember to go with the flow. Try not to have any expectations because it will be different than you thought, for 100% sure. If you become panicked during the come-up, remember that it's just a drug and you'll come down. You did NOT go insane and yes, you WILL be okay. Sometimes the come-up can be overwhelming because it's fast and a huge transition from sobriety to tripping. It can feel like you're poisoned, like you're going insane and never going to be right again, and that you're a piece of shit druggie. If this happens, it will pass once the come-up is done. Try to remember that if you power through it and don't give in to the negative feelings, once the peak hits you'll be swept away in the glorious mushroom state and feel amazing. You just have to get past that come-up, that transition into the realm of psychedelics.

And you may never get these difficult parts of the trip. But in case you do, keep what I say in mind. :)

Good luck! And happy tripping. :)

Also, watching a movie is a waste of your trip. Movie watching is not what tripping is for, in my opinion. Tripping is for seeing the world around you in new ways. Nature is the very best environment to trip in, if at all possible.

yea i would try it out with eating a little less than an 8th for your first time. but hey i ate an 8th my first time and i was fine.

Dose recommendation

With regard to dose, I recommend 2g - 2.5g for your first trip. A full 3.5g eighth of mushrooms may be over the top if you don't know what to expect -- and you probably don't yet! ;):) Reading about the experience is one thing; experiencing it is another thing entirely.

Good luck! :D

i think less than 1/8th is better. if they are really good mushrooms 1.7 grams (half eighth) might be enough. but 2, 2.5, maybe 3 grams is better. see if you can buy them in different amounts than 1/8..or get 1/4 and divide into 3 parts. 7g/3 = 2.3 grams.

i think the movie is a bad idea. the beach could be awesome, but sober people will seem weird :)
if you go in the water, don't drown

an eighth is kinda a lot for the first trip. I would say 3-4grams tops.

Edit: Just thought about it and I think an eight is 3.5 grams. You should be good.

yeah that is what I just edited. I didn't even think about it because I buy in grams.

Ok well i talked to the girl thats supposed to get them she said that there pretty potent.. And that we should just split an 8th between two so thats what were going to do.... So we are currently thinking of what we should do or where we can go because of the fact that i live with my parents right now means i cant at my house.... We are either going to at a friends house that used to be another one of our drug buddies were REALLY comfortable and we consider him a brother.. His house is a familliar place as it had holded many smokeouts and E partys and sorts..... Another one that were thinking of is at my sisters house... Idk Do any of you guys have any ideas you can shoot for a good setting and things we can do?