• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [Mushrooms Subthread] Different Strains & Cultivation

Merged a question about a mushroom growing box into here.

mix the verm 50/50 with coco coir and heat in a pillow at 160-170 for an hour (coolers work well for this). Squeeze out the water until only a couple drops come out with a squeeze of reasonable force. Crush up your cakes and layer the verm/coir layer 1/2 to an inch over the crushed cakes.

im getting Panaeolus subbalteatus spores sent to me.

is anyone firmiliar with ingesting this type? potency or anything? i lost my link to that nifty place that tells you ~ % psilocin/ psilocybin in each species

Last edited:
Mushbox question

Thankyou for your response. However, all I need add to the vermiculite is some boiled water and I'd like to know how much; the instructions just say " a bit". Anyone tried this at home?

No one can tell you. You sound like you want an exact number. Well, we don't know how much verm you even have, or how you are going to use it.

Research "field capacity" if that doesn't help look up the definition of "a bit":)

IGNVS said:
im getting Panaeolus subbalteatus spores sent to me.

is anyone firmiliar with ingesting this type? potency or anything? i lost my link to that nifty place that tells you ~ % psilocin/ psilocybin in each species

Quoting directly from Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World, by Paul Stamets:

"Weakly to moderately active, Stivje and Kuyper (1985) found maxima of .14% psilocybin, no psilocin, and 0.33% baeocystin. From brazillian specimens....
(1993) .08% psilocybin, no detectable psilocin....found maxima of 0.7% psilocybin, 0% psilocin, and 0.46% baeocystin (However, there was nearly a tenfold variation in potency!)....found .14%-.36% psilocybin (1993)..."

Make of that what you will; it seems that the mushrooms vary a bit, except for the fact there is no psilocin.

Another quote

"Anecdotal reports from the pacific northwest associate the ingestion of raw mushrooms with stomach cramps, loss of musculatre, and/or a feeling of malaise".

All the ...'s are just peoples names. Taken from pg. 82.

Let us know how it goes. :)

yeah shrooms crunked up aint too bright

what strain might i ask?

Mushroom grow-mold-throw, or grow?

The other day, I caught a TINY, and I mean miniscule 1mm-2mm wide spot of blue mold on the surface of my cubensis grow (brown rice substrate)

This was immediately cut out to 2 inch deep all around, then sprayed with peroxide.

There is now no trace visible of the contamination, so safe to keep growing? I am well aware of the dangers of bacterial toxins that could be produced by nasty growths on shroom grows, but IMO, I acted sufficiently fast, and ruthlessly to wipe out every last trace, of what was a very localised contamination.

So, keep growing, chuck it out, or bung it all in with some nonpolar solvents and extract the tryptamines?

I'd continue to grow and see if any more mold develops. You can always chuck them out later.

I've had mold grow on cubes before that I removed and never had any trouble with down the road.

Are you absolutely sure it was mold and not just a bit of bluing?

Is the cake/casing completely colonized?

Also, if the cake/casing smells good still, keep on going with it.

Throw it out if it starts to smell bad, as this would indicate something bacterial and most likely not good for your health.

Merged a thread about mushroom growing/mold issues into here.

Copelandia cyanescens from Ban Phang Ka

I, along with Dr. William Harrison of CSUN were on the west side of Koh Samui near the Muslim Fishing Village of Ban Phang Ka when we wandered off out cycles into a small rice paddie area along Highway 4170. There was one water buffalo (kwai) and one cow (wua), He wandered over to me and was checking out my blue backpack when I snapped this image, one of about ten.

copeandcowshrooms1abc.jpg

There were only about 35 mushrooms in several cow pies and buffalo pies in the small paddie area.

mjshroomer

looking very nice. id love to see more pictures. did you harvest?

just out of curiosity, did you copy and paste those cyanescens' into this picture of the animal or is my eye just making those mushrooms seem awkwardly placed?

Perhaps he was attempting to make it seem as though he wasn't taking a picture of the shrooms but wanted to get them in the photo? They look fine to me-- what makes it look odd is you cant see where the shrooms and the ground meet.

no it's not that.. it's that when taking a photo, ajusting the focus to not favor the foreground shouldn't turn out a group of mushrooms in complete detailed focus when the pile of purple brown material directly behind it is not in focus.. the lighting of the mushrooms also seems to convey a different texture/feel than the rest of the photo.. i wasn't trying to come across an ass or anything, trying to call him out or something.. it's not a big deal, i was just curious in the process of the creation of this image..

btw mjshroomer, i've been excited of your recent additions to this place.. you seem to have many interesting experiences under your belt

Damn right it looks all wrong. Wtf is going on here?

Here is another image which blurred. I have a keen eye and when I photograph something I try to capture the image I see at the angle i am taking the picture with.

Not all of my photos come out as spectacular as I would like them to.

I took ten shots from different angles of this mushroom and the young wua as he approached me.

I tend to get b down onthe ground to shoot an image.

copeandcow2.jpg

Now I wanted to post a few more but I was told by a mod that I am only allowed 15 images in my album, although the mod left me slide on this and another 3 images of bluing in Copelandia cyanescens which i am going to post in a separate thread.

Later on I will see if I can post some similar images of Psilocybe cubensis shot from ground level and the background are both clean and clear as a glass.
mjshroomer

Bluing in Copelandia Species

From the Psychedelic Illuminations Magazine by John W. Allen

THE BLUING PHENOMENA

Many mushroom enthusiasts may or may not be aware of the notable bluing reaction which occurs in mushrooms containing psilocybin and/or psilocin. The bluing reaction is an indication of the presence of psilocybin and psilocin in several genera of wild mushrooms. Laboratory and field research has shown that when the flesh of a mushroom which contains psilocybin and psilocin is damaged, scraped, broken or bruised, whether from natural elements (wind or rain, falling leaves, insects, slugs, animals, etc.) or from human handling, an enzyme occurs causing the bruised section of the mushroom to turn from an olive green to blue green color. Oxygen is the cause of this color change and is common in many species of psilocybian fungi.

While there are several species of fungi which are blue naturally, these naturally occurring blue fungi may be poisonous and/or toxic to human consumption. Such species include several members of the Boletus family. One species is Boletus cyanescens. However, all Boletus fungi have a porous sponge like section under their caps and do not possess gills like the psilocybian species.

A Toadally rewarding experience is this fellow guardian of the shrooms. Here he sits watch over a slightly bluing specimen of Copelandia sp.

bluecope1.jpg

These next two images are of Copelandia cyanescens which had blued from wind and rain damage in a field area with jungle growth around the area.

bluecope3.JPG

bluecope2.jpg

Now I must note that when collecting these Copelandia mushrooms, you should be so careful as to not squeeze them whatsoever when lifting them from the manure or ground.

You really do not want to oxidate your shrooms because it is psilocine escaping form the mushroom. You can actually collect more than 90% of your specimens without causing bluing in them. When fresh and smaller, these mushrooms take form 7-12 3-4 inch high or more for a good dosage.

When dry, if dried properly within a day to two days, you can retain about 70 percent of the potency with a dose rate at one dried gram being equivalent to the same dosage as that of one gram of dried Psilocybe semilanceata (the liberty cap.

My Colleague, Dr. Tjakko Stijve, of Nestles chocolates in Vevey, Suisse, now retired, conducted sessions with four clients who consumed a dried gram each of a pooled collection of Copelandia cyanescens form Hawaii, Thailand and Australia.
That study may be read in the following journal publication:

Stijve, Tjakko. 1992. Psilocin, psilocybin, serotonin, and urea in Panaeolus cyanescens from various origin. Persoonia vol. 15(1):117-121.
Analysis of 3 collections of Copelandia cyanescens from Australia, Hawaii, and Thailand are presented. Also includes comments from human volunteers who ingested some of the Hawaiian material.

mjshroomer