View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushrooms and MAOIs

cybrina

Bluelighter
I want to try using MAOIs on my next mushroom trip, but I take 300mg Wellbutrin every day orally. It is to my knowledge that Wellbutrin interacts with MAOIs negatively, and it could drastically increase my blood pressure. I am fine with skipping Wellbutrin for a few days, but I really just want to know how long I should stop taking them before the trip. I know that Wellbutrin stays in your body for quite a bit especially after taking them daily for a while.

Can you get moclobemide? That's a safer MAOI. It turns the mushroom trip into an oral DMT trip.

MAOI isnt your only worry with wellbutrin, its an SSRI which kills trips entirely... better you be off it for 1-2 weeks

MAOI isnt your only worry with wellbutrin, its an SSRI which kills trips entirely... better you be off it for 1-2 weeks
Oh trust me I have tripped while taking my wellbutrin lol.. and Wellbutrin is an NDRI not an SSRI

Would it be safe with wellbutrin?

Highly doubt it i would get completely off it before hand like allow the entire half life to pass by. You really dont wanna play around with an MAOi. If the medication interacts it can be very serious and you could die. Personally id give it a couple weeks and then test out a small amount of the MAOi and see what happens.