Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold Tops are up in NNSW

Holy crap, they are everywhere, went for a quick drive today to check out a few cow fields and crikey ! gold tops all over the place, more than i've seen for a few years.

If that is any indication its going to be a brilliant season up here.

Sounds like things are good up north, hopefully that'll translate to a good season down here as well :D

There's a rather large forested mountain near here covered in eucalyptus, hopefully will yield some good subs come April/May

Edit: If someone can tell me if im right in my understanding of cube mushies so far thatd be good. So few days of rain and when it clears its a free for all? And how fast do those shrooms that would have grown start to disappear/best time to go pick them?

yes in my experience you need rain, hot muggy humid days are good too, then after a good rainy day (or a few rainy days in a row seems best) wait for a day and then you should find them for a few days after that.

You can also take a shovel and a carboard box and take the whole cow pat home with the mushies still growing, spread a few of these randomly around your back lawn and garden beds and hey presto, fresh mushies within arms reach, just give em a spray with the hose if it aint raining.

If you find real fresh new buttons that have not opened yet and so the skirt hasnt seperated from the cup yet, these are the best, just eat them right there in the paddock :)

make sure you are not driving home afterwards though obviously.

good hunting.

^ with this rain here in bris i have a nice spot in a woodchipped area over flowing with shrooms....ill speak to u on msn about em sus :)

^ Not to derail this thread but I was of the understanding QLD shrooms grew in cow shit and weren't commonly found in wood chips? I got no experience with anything other than subs, which do grow in woodchips, but just making sure you do know your shit when it comes to picking? As I said, I don't know shit about QLD shrooms but unless you got your shit down I would be looking for shrooms in cow shit not woodchipped garden beds. Stay safe mate...

I will be going for a look today, I will get back to u! edit: plenty of rain and cow dung around....if the weather is as expected tomorrow and gets warmer/humid it should be on like donkey kong :D

Last edited:
Post your success if you have any lucky dude would love to see them!.. If u have any luck i will go for a hunt :D

probably the last shroom score of the season

NSFW:
DSC02169.jpg

*nom nom nom*

I will be going for a look today, I will get back to u! edit: plenty of rain and cow dung around....if the weather is as expected tomorrow and gets warmer/humid it should be on like donkey kong :D

bloody lots of rain yesterday/last night, got to be something nice otu there this morning, make sure to report :)

Yes your psilocybe cubensis comes from or around cow dung, not woodchips! As i know plenty as for species from dung though not so much with woodchipe shrooms as from what ive learned u have to have alot more...

Is anyone here from brisbane that i can chat to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Went for a look this morning, wasnt able to locate any in dung near my way...will scout tomorrow morning when the sun is about!

@ Drug mentor, i was under the assumption i could locate Psilocybe cyanescens (Wavy Caps) in woodchipped areas....i havent consumed any myself and are looking to hopefully get a good pic from my first proper hunt, and am after subs in cow dung near my area....only had shrooms once in the past which were subs, not enough to warrent hallucinations, only mental effects.

Yeah D_M is right, in QLD it's cow dung... I haven't seen many psychedelics mushrooms growing close to the city for that reason, but there are a few spots not too far out that I know of where psychedelic mushrooms can be found. I've seen mushrooms growing in gardens, grass and occasionally woodchips here but never the psychoactive kind and most of them don't look like they are active either.

I have to admit I haven't gone looking for mushrooms myself very often but the information I have on where to look in Brisbane comes from those who do use them often here. The situation might be different in other parts of QLD. Also, I don't think Psilocybe cyanescens are common in QLD?

Last edited:
^ Goodluck man hopefully your lucky :) if the sun decided to appear i will go looking again before work lol

Moved off-topic posts from the DOC thread into here... though they are slightly jumbled now.

^ back from a 2nd look, decided not to venture far as i almost stood on a brown snake, luckily my partner warned me as i didnt even see it 1 metre in front of us....i think ill goto another location with big gumboots next time

Status
Not open for further replies.