View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

mushroom dosage question

drugsaregod

Greenlighter
my friend is very intrested in trying mushrooms. he has been researching them for a while and realizes the potential benefits if used properly. he as also tried 300 mg of dxm 2 times before and liked it. what he wants is that if he takes 3.5 grams of mushrooms for his first time, will he likely be ok. he says most people start at a lower dose but he wants it to be a lifechanging experience that he feels can only be achieved at a higher dose. he thinks since he as took dxm 2 times before he has at least some experience with "tripping". he also realizes dxm and mushrooms are very different. thanks apprecieated.

If you honestly feel like you can handle it, go for the whole 1/8th; however, if there is any doubt in your mind, cut back to around 2g's. It will still be a good trip, but not like "I am one with the carpet!" or anything hahah.

You might wana try maybe .5g's first to feel out the potency. I've had 1/8ths be weak as hell, then I've had 2.5g's be strong as can be.

Just don't have him eat it all at once.... Maybe over a few hours. Making tea is a good idea too

Yeah truly depends on the potency of the boomers which tends to vary greatly. As a first timer I would start with two grams. Not knowing how he may react to psilocybin a test run is always better then just jumping straight into the deep end. Know that there is no turning back once the decision has been made and not to worry if things get a little hairy as in the correct mind set one can make things right within oneself. Then again 3.5 grams may be perfect for this particular individual but the effects are nothing like the effects DXM produce. Have a safe trip :) my best wishes!