View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Muscle tension durning and after lsd Trip + lsd qualities + myths

Lsdresearcher

Greenlighter
I have tripped on lsd probably about 15 times and that was in the 3 months (minus the time I took tabs to frequently and got little or no effect). Because of my bad trips on these expeneriences I haven't taken any in about 5 months now but recently I have wanted to so I'm trying to do some research on these issues. I know that's a lot of tripping in a short amount of time, I just fell in love and got carried away with it.

My first few trips where great with little or no back/neck pain or muscle tensions and pains. I suffer from back pain regularly because of my scoliosis condition but as I got more fequent with my use of lsd the pain in my lower back and the tension and my shoulders became unbareable and began to make the trips negative. I have read A LOT of forums on these topics and I hear from friends regularly that people have similar issues but mine seems much worse than any stories I have heard. To describe the pains I receive my shoulders feel like they have turned into one big knot across my whole upper back and the front side of my neck gets constant spasams and feels like pins and needles. I have tried suggestions I'd seen on forums about heating pads and hot showers and massages but if any thing the extra attention to these areas had made the tension worse. These pains lasted after the trips and weeks after ward. I've thought possibly that the acid is making preexisting issues come out but that doesn't explain the muscle spasams on the front of my neck. I normally rarely get muscle spasams but any time a take a tab I get them constantly for a few days after the trip. A few times these issues have made the trip so bad that I've taken a small dose of benzos to stop the trip.

One time I had about 5 tabs stuck to my sweaty arm when cutting up a sheet after I had already taken two tabs. When the tabs on my arm kicked in I instantly got shivers and it was at least 90 degrees outside, I sat down in a chair and my fingers began to cringe up its hard to explain that but the best way to explain it is it looked like I had cerebral palusley in the way they were clinched up, I thought this was very odd, has any one had symptoms like that on high doses of lsd around 6-700 ug?

If any one has any experience with these issues I would be very appreciative to hear your stories and suggestions.

Other wise I know there is many rumors and myths about lsd I would like to 'bust' . I've heard many times lsd is cut with strychnine or arsenic and recently people have told me they think people are cutting the lsd with RC chemicals to make it cheaper to produce. I've also heard people say that acid isn't the way it used to be and this is coming from older guys that tripped the acid back in the 70s and also tried the stuff from today but I never saw any thing like that in forums people always said lsd is lsd.
Is it possible the tabs I was getting was part RC ad that's why I've had all these negative side effects or is it just the nature of the drug? If all you have to say is that it's in my head don't bother because I know these pains are very real.

thanks for any feed back.

Ive done acid about 30 times, the feeling of your back needing to brake for the whole trip is a norm for me.
But lsd is renowned for its low body load, is this too say what you took was not acid? I dont know frankly everyones different.

IME i havent had really bad muscle clenching on acid, ive had tension but it goes with the trip. I have done 8 tabs in a night too so idk whether its a dosage thing.

Other wise I know there is many rumors and myths about lsd I would like to 'bust' . I've heard many times lsd is cut with strychnine or arsenic and recently people have told me they think people are cutting the lsd with RC chemicals to make it cheaper to produce. I've also heard people say that acid isn't the way it used to be and this is coming from older guys that tripped the acid back in the 70s and also tried the stuff from today but I never saw any thing like that in forums people always said lsd is lsd.
Is it possible the tabs I was getting was part RC ad that's why I've had all these negative side effects or is it just the nature of the drug? If all you have to say is that it's in my head don't bother because I know these pains are very real.

The strychnine and arsenic myths are just that, myths. Same with the myth that LSD is cut with mescaline (mescaline requires several hundred miligrams to be active, so you would have to eat an entire sheet of Mescaline-soaked blotter paper for a single "hit"). Rumors of "meth-laced" or "speedy" acid probably stem from DOx-laced blotters (see below).

Anyway, "cutting" (well, actually "replacing") the LSD with RC's in tabs sold as "acid" on the street is fairly common. Back in the day, people used the so-called "DOx" series for this purpose, which one could usually tell apart by their bitter taste (as opposed to the relatively tasteless LSD) and their relatively stimulating and extremely long-lasting effects (DOB/DOI would have people tripping for 24+ hours). Nowadays you might find the odd DOC-based blotter, but mostly they'll use the NBOMe-series instead (usually 25I and 25B-NBOMe) which have a moderate duration of action but a really unpleasant taste, and are fairly dangerous in case of an accidental overdoses. Some users claim that NBOMe's are greatly reduced in potency if you swallow the tab instead of keeping it in your mouth to absorb the drug (whereas swallowing or cheeking makes little to no difference with real acid), but if you really want to make sure it is better to honour the old adage "if it's bitter, it's a spitter" and invest in a test kit.

However, unpleasant physical are not necessarily an indicator of "bad" LSD - even AL-LAD (usually considered a more gentle analogue of LSD) basically turned my jaw into a diamond anvil cell at one point.

P.S: Small nitpick: The "C" in "RC" already stands for "Chemical", so "RC chemicals" is a bit like saying "HIV virus" or "PC computer" :)

During the peak of 300ug AL-LAD I experienced severe muscle tension. It felt like my teeth were close to pulverising themselves from the force of my clenching.

At one point I was overwhelmed by ecstasy and I became "locked" into it. That is to say I had a neck seizure. I couldn't move while this was happening and I was essentially incapacitated, both physically and mentally. It was more intense than any MDMA roll I've ever experienced.

On 150ug AL-LAD I experienced a high level of muscle tension and tremors which dominated the trip. This is quite unlike my experience with LSD which is usually more gentle on my body. I've read in multiple places that the lower the purity of the batch, the worse the body load. So perhaps my AL-LAD batch isn't as clean as it could be. My response to the chem is especially interesting as virtually all the reports I have read on it describe it as far easier on the body compared to LSD.

On LSD muscle tension and tremors are common, and as I mentioned above it is supposedly dependent on batch.

A solution I have found is to channel the energy into physical movement. Stretching helps. Brisk walking, cycling etc.

Additionally, after the peak is over, smoking cannabis allows me to completely relax and still my body. As I take a deep breath all of the tremors stop and I am peaceful. Half an hour of this and then I gain superior control over my attention. It is very common for me at this point to spontaneously detach my consciousness from my body where I no longer feel the body and looking down at myself feels slightly odd but also blissful.

I get it in my thighs sometimes, feels like I've been tensing my muscle for long hours and end up being sore the next day.

The tabs I was consuming tested positive for lsd on multiple kits that's why I was wondering if it's possible they have a little bit of undectecable nBome or something.

most likely this is all about decent acid that you fell in love with...
I get the stiffness and pain in the neck sometimes, and in the legs as well...
I used to get quite a bit of jaw pain too from smiling a lot.

taking a break is a great idea.