• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mum wants to try?!?!

oh how i wish this was my mum...my 2 cents would be ....go clean mdma, and go halves....i'm pretty sure that's how most of us started....me and my friends did anyway....try make it as pleasurable as possible, if she get's fucked up it's just gonna drive a 747 into that generation gap...i think that's what i mean....anyway i'm not saying anything new so i'll shut up
------------------
"these strange new feelings,
what would jesus do"
-DUFF MAN

Pundi has a good point, take all the precautions, more than you normally would. Tell her anything you've heard about that particular pill and tell her what to expect, but also add that it can sometimes be inexplainable. Get a jug of iced water and tell her to drink about 500ml per hour. Get a testing kit (if you dont already have one!) and test in in front of her.
And most importantly, tell her that you're there to help her and look after her and if anythings bothering her, just ask
smile.gif
(but dont make it sound too scarey)
This will probably be one of the scariest things she's ever done, keep that in mind.
------------------
Everyone knows cool hit it's peak in 1974.

Just a fucking year ago no one would pay $25-$40 for ANYTHING other than MDxx and now we are calling them smackdaddys. Fuck me dead but pound for pound wouldn't it be cheaper to buy any other substances outright? i.e. K or Speed.
Your mom wants to experience her first time on MD and you comtemplate the very thought of giving her K and sending her into a possible bad trip or K-hole??? Looking past the very chance of experiencing the euphoria of a nice clean MDxx journey and enriching your relationship with her...
I must either be very jaded or times must be changing.

thats just such a crazy idea! haha i cant even begin to imagine having drugs with the folks. but good luck. im sure she'll love it. here's to hoping she doesnt become a regular ey
wink.gif

Hahahaha..... sorry guys about the term smackdaddy pill, that's just how i refer to it, cause i look so smacked/whacked outta it when i have a pill like that. Look like i'm on the nod... hahaha
smile.gif
Don't be mad
frown.gif

I too hope she don't like it too much to want to do it regularly. I just don't want her to get to paranoid on it. Cause i know alot of people on their first time do
smile.gif

------------------
The truth is that I'm a bad person. But that's going to change- I'm going to change. This is the last of that sort of thing. Now I'm cleaning up, moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm going to be just like you. The job, the family, the big fucking television. The washing machine, the compact disk player and electrical can opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three-piece suite, DIY, game shows, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption, clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Oh, and don't forget to warn her beforehand many times about the comedown and how to handle it.
She may have an absolute ball but if the comedown is too nasty she could leave with bad thoughts on the overall experience. I think managing her comedown so as to be the easiest may be worth much of your effort.

Get her to sleep through the comedown, thats my suggestion.
I'd give more suggestions but everyons beaten me to it.
This should be the "Giving your parents MDMA FAQ"
smile.gif

------------------
You have to run as fast as you can just to stay where you are.
If you want to get anywhere you'll have to run much faster.
--Lewis Carroll

Like with any virgin you probably only give them half first, then if they want the other half. Perhaps the biggest thing you will have to over come is getting them to relax. When my friend dropped for the first time I told him to have a few drinks first just to relax him. If they are relaxed first then they get that rush and all will be good. Can't really add much more to the topic.
------------------
If acid makes you see things why don't we give it to blind people?
-------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. If Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around a darkened room, munching pills. and listening to repetitive music...

My mum loves MDMA. we've got a really good relationship already so it's cool when we roll together, but I reckon she hates it when she sees me off my face -- just don't get too spaz in front of her... next day all I hear is, "you were grinding your teeth pretty badly, hrmmmm," probably thinking DENTISTS BILLS and shit.
smile.gif
have fun, take care of your mum.

BUMPMEK if it was my mother I would try and find something nice to do, something a bit new and alternative but not so far out that she would freak.
YOGA or meditation can be an extremely powerful catalyst.
If you were to learn a posture (together) a day or two before the experience it will not only give you some bonding time leading up to the experience but would be an option during your roll.
Depending on how physically fit your mother is, I would tend to think that she isn't going to want to bounce around the room listening to psy-trance...
Ambient/Soundscape music has vast layers.
Distractions could be a problem, you wouldn't want Uncle X to rock up and your mum curl up into a ball.. Got a holiday house???or a quiet retreat??
Anyway if your for real, I would love to read a trip report or alternatively your mother via [email protected]
Good Luck
P.L.U.R
------------------
Sleeping Madness

smackdaddy her
one thing i have noticed is even if a person is hating there peak, crying and going insane, begging for it to stop or just plain spinning out....the first thing they say when it wears off and they come to again is
"cool....lets go again"
hmmm another thing to consider, ya going to let her drop day or night? cause its a totally differnt experience....hmmm good idea....drop an omega each and go grocery shopping...lol
[This message has been edited by peakingjester (edited 16 November 2001).]

Goodluck,
My only suggestion is not to fuss to much over her.
the worst thing someone could do is fuss over someone on there first pill..
Just act like everything is normal..
I forget who said it, but i thought a really good idea was going to the beach and just sitting down...
that would be really nice...
I also suggest dont let your mum come into contact with other people.. that is dont force it on her.
i feel this would make her uncomfortable and ruin her roll.

man just dont get too lovey. it could get incestuous :p j/k. Still it seems ficken weird though. =)
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh

DON'T tell her about the comedown. I didn't know about comesdowns until someone told me "YOU WILL GET PARANOID AND SCATTERED"
Just don't tell her, then if she feels slightly scattered tell her its usual to feel a little weird in the morning.
Please check to see if she is on anti-depressants for obvious reasons
smile.gif

and don't worry too much!

Only give her half, Then see how she is, then give her the other half.
Also, make sure its a good one! She wants to try Ecstasy so make it MDMA!!!!
hahaha! You might have found yourself a new pill buddy. My Mum will do the same things in the next cupple months... Should be sweet!
[This message has been edited by Slightly Fucked (edited 17 November 2001).]

Listen to the warnings about possible medications she might be taking please.
Check everything out.
Make sure she doesnt have high blood pressure also; i.e: does she take pills to lower it. Potentially BAD mix imo.
I wanted to query the suggestion to drink 500ml an hour.
This is probably way too much. The amount of water required all depends on how much you have lost through sweat and how hot you are.
MDMA does not make u overheat on its own. Its the surroundings of 40 degree clubs and the inability to regulate your temperature which is what causes problems.
Your mum would not be in a hot environment or exherting herself. Just drink a normal amount of water. (if u insist on drinking lots, get a sports drink).
Test yourself by sitting in front of the computer and drinking that much over 3 hours. See how many trips to the toilet u make. U do that for a very important reason. You wont do it on MDMA.
Without sweating u cannot get rid of excess fluid and u can run into problems.
In terms of the period between taking it and the effects, i always suggest not thinking about it. Let her take it and then go and do something relaxing or that keeps her mind busy. (but not stressful/too taxing) Definitely talk lots, but possibly not about MDMA at all.
Expectation is not always good; after all it causes the journey to be predominately mapped out before it starts.
Just dont sit there with a stopwatch saying nothing and waiting until it all begins.

"MDMA does not make u overheat on its own. "
Where did you hear this? Because it most certainly does. It increases your heart rate and makes you sweat.
500ml/hour is bugger all really, it's only 2 cups. However, if you feel less is necessary then I wouldn't go below 250ml. But as a personal guide I stick to about 500ml an hour (I spend most of my time on e's outside either walking or sitting, so it's not like I lose a lot dancing).
------------------
Everyone knows cool hit it's peak in 1974.

I used the word overheat in a more medical context. I can go out in the sun and get hot, but i wouldnt overheat.
Of course MDMA makes u warmer, but on its own WITHOUT external factors, it does not make u overheat - i.e: get hyperthermia.
It doesnt sound like much, but i still think its unneccessary and yes risky.
People say drink 8-10 glasses of water a DAY; thats 2000-2500ml. U want to give her that much over 4 hours when she doesnt need it. She isnt LOSING much more fluid than normal or getting dehydrated.
Sure if she starts exerting herself/sweating give her more, but a glass an hour is easily sufficient.

Water Issues with MDMA use Dehydration, Over-Hydration & Heat Stroke by Erowid
Overview of problem:
One of the persistant problems with MDMA use is that of the hyperthermia (heat-stroke / over-heating). Several factors add to this effect, including MDMA's pharmacological effect of increasing body temperature, the strong physical stimulation experienced by most users, and the euphoria and comfort of the experience which can cause users to overlook their level of exertion. Many Ecstasy users have been told that they need to make sure they are drinking enough water to stay on the safe side of this problem, but as a result, some users encounter the somewhat less recognized problem of over-hydration which causes hyponatremia (literally "low salt") also called "water intoxication".
The human body (as with other animals) maintains an equilibrium of electrolytes including salt in the bloodstream as part of its normal operation. Sweating causes the body to lose salt, but the primary cause of hyponatremia in Ecstasy users is drinking enormous amounts of water, which dilutes the salt in the body to a dangerous level. Unfortunately as the electrolytes get out of balance, body systems start to fail and (because of the blood brain barrier), the sufferer starts to exhibit signs of crisis such as diarrhea, over salivation, stupor, vomiting, muscle tremors, confusion, frequent urination, and other general symptoms of illness, and their brain begins to swell. This swelling is called a 'brain edema' or 'cerebral edema' and can (and does) lead to brain damage, paralysis, and death.

Nice work RAveDuST.
smile.gif

The general rule is 500ml when active 250ml when non-active.
Back to topic: Did u do it this weekend?? I'd love to hear how it went.
smile.gif

DJC*
Code Blue
------------------
"We are the children of the revolution"
[This message has been edited by DJC* (edited 18 November 2001).]