• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mucinex DM experiment ?

Dynn

Greenlighter
So ' SWIM has stumbled upon a vigorous amount of mucinex DM tablets ' . The question SWIM has to ask is ' can the two ingredients be separated ' ? They contain 60 mg dextromethorphan Hbr && 1200 mg of guaifenesin ' . As SWIY probably already knows ' the pills are greenish on one side && white on the other ' which side contains the dxm &' can it be separated easily by cutting or shaving it off ' ?

I doubt you can separate them. I've never used DXM or any disassociatives but friends of mine in high school and college who did said that it was best to just take cough syrup and pills that have only DXM in them, or one friend of mine in college would put pure DXM powder into gelcaps measured out and take it that way. Stay safe.

Welcome to bluelight. We do not use the term SWIM, 'my pet dog', etc. here to refer to drug use.

The DXM and the guiafenisin are both spread throughout the tablet. Its just that one layer is faster dissolving. So cutting won't work and as far as I know, there's no way to seperate those two without getting into more complex chemistry. Some people can handle the guaif, others can't and get sick from it.

Absolutely disgusting and implausible.

For goodness sakes Mucinex is the last OTC product I would try to get DXM from. DXM always always always grosses me out in terms of ingesting it and the effects it produces. I have scoured desperately for OTC highs over the years and lemme tell ya there is only one OTC that produces effects on par with scheduled compounds and chemicals you have to have a dollar and knowledge of the internet 'market' to acquire. Ever since local headshops have been raided a couple years ago for bath salts and plant food only one contender still laughs in the face of the DEA. Propylhexedrine. Save your money > bitcoin > RC dissociative.

Last edited:
Absolutely disgusting and implausible.

For goodness sakes Mucinex is the last OTC product I would try to get DXM from. DXM always always always grosses me out in terms of ingesting it and the effects it produces. I have scoured desperately for OTC highs over the years and lemme tell ya there is only one OTC that produces effects on par with scheduled compounds and chemicals you have to have a dollar and knowledge of the internet 'market' to acquire. Ever since local headshops have been raided a couple years ago for bath salts and plant food only one contender still laughs in the face of the DEA. Propylhexedrine. Save your money > bitcoin > RC dissociative.
I've taken hundreds of doses of dxm with the guiaf and while not ideal, it works and it's a hell of a lot better than most other active additives. It is also an utterly disgusting molecule that almost makes one puke if smelled too much. Also, I agree with you on the propylhexedrine.

I don't think guaifenesin is all that bad to take a huge dose of, probably best not to abuse that though. I've actually tried getting high on mucinex and it worked but i prefer the dxm only gel caps they sell otc in most pharmacies.