• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: notsmokeymcpot42088 | RUC4

MS Contin to fentanyl

Stinkerbelle

Greenlighter
Joined
Nov 15, 2018
Messages
1
Hi all. I had been prescribed MS Contin for at least 10 years with 2 mg dilaudid for breakthrough pain. I wasn't always strict with my dosage and would sometimes come up short by a few days, but by then I would have a fresh script of 90 dilaudid, which I would snort enough to keep me level - up to 15 a day. I just transitioned over to transdermal fentanyl. It is day 5, and I still feel like shit even with sticking to prescribed dose of dilaudid, which I will soon be out of. It's not the worst withdrawal and some of it is because the new med isn't touching my pain.
So here's they question. Is there anything I can do to speed along the absorption rate? My doctor says to wait it out as it can take 7 days. I'd be great full for any advice. I have monster tolerance, but fentanyl is a whole new ballgame!
 
Hey @Stinkerbelle I know it's no secret and you would find out eventually any way. There are ways of defeating the time-release on these patches. I have heard different methods. Some are simple like applying heat to the patch with a heating pad or what have you. Some involve using solvents to extract the Fentanyl from the matrix. I unfortunately am not knowledgeable about about it, however, the information is out there.

You know I have to give you the disclaimer. I know you are a patient who struggles n with real pain. I know it's really difficult to live with it when you know there is a potential way out. I have seen too many people in my life burn through their pain scripts and eventually end up on the street with real Fentanyl. Seriously, when you go out there and start asking people what happened, the amount of chronic pain patients out there smoking Fentanyl is very depressing.

Please consider all possible avenues, stretching, yoga, NSAIDS and supplements.

I'm not saying their are supplements out there as strong as Opioids. I'm saying that if you have a regimen of all these things, including the lesser analgesics, it could in totality be enough to get you through without having to break your patches open. I also have struggled with pain from Lupus. It's mostly my joints so probably different from yours, but I take Curcumin/Turmeric/Krill Oil and I swear it makes a world of difference after a week or two.
 
Hey @Stinkerbelle I know it's no secret and you would find out eventually any way. There are ways of defeating the time-release on these patches. I have heard different methods. Some are simple like applying heat to the patch with a heating pad or what have you. Some involve using solvents to extract the Fentanyl from the matrix. I unfortunately am not knowledgeable about about it, however, the information is out there.

You know I have to give you the disclaimer. I know you are a patient who struggles n with real pain. I know it's really difficult to live with it when you know there is a potential way out. I have seen too many people in my life burn through their pain scripts and eventually end up on the street with real Fentanyl. Seriously, when you go out there and start asking people what happened, the amount of chronic pain patients out there smoking Fentanyl is very depressing.

Please consider all possible avenues, stretching, yoga, NSAIDS and supplements.

I'm not saying their are supplements out there as strong as Opioids. I'm saying that if you have a regimen of all these things, including the lesser analgesics, it could in totality be enough to get you through without having to break your patches open. I also have struggled with pain from Lupus. It's mostly my joints so probably different from yours, but I take Curcumin/Turmeric/Krill Oil and I swear it makes a world of difference after a week or two.

Dont fuck with fent patchws like that though. I mean i did but im a fucking idiot. Also i had the og gell fent patches they where alot easer to dose. But putting a heat pack on it to speed up absorbtion is the "safest" way of fucking with the fent patch

To the op i also went from mscontin and dilaudid to the new fent patches and suffered immediate wd's. Compared to the gell patches the new ones suck. Also fentanyl just sucks in general compared to morphine and dilly. That is for everythng besides pain fentanyl helped my trigeminal neuralgia pain more then anything. But its severely lacking in rerms of euphoria or just generally feeling good compared to morphine or especially dilaudid. But for me the fent just didnt cover for those 2 fully. So between that and cost at the pharmacy i went back to mscontin and dilly
 
yea the matrix ones you can get 90% of the fent out with the same chemical ppl use to use to make hash which if I abbreviated which type would kind of give the chemical away..... so painfully simply but dangerous
 
yea the matrix ones you can get 90% of the fent out with the same chemical ppl use to use to make hash which if I abbreviated which type would kind of give the chemical away..... so painfully simply but dangerous

Honestly if i was the OP i would just go back on the ms and dilly instead of fucking with this shit. It's not like the good ol days when youd just put a dab of fent gell on some tin foil and chase the dragon. But imo even that really sucked compared to morphine or dilly. Theres just no euphoria. Gret for pain but for anything else t sucks. Granted the matrix ones arent even good for pai. When i tried those i needed to end up getting abunch of tylenol 3's off my now sadly departed grandma. The codeine actually helped me more then the matrix patches ffs
 
Top