Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Movies that f#ck with your mind...???

I agree with the Irreversible and Takashi Miike comments.

Twentynine Palms completely brutalized me.

PLACEBO........... by Frank Colcher. the nature of reality as reveled in a K-hole and Wellbutrin

AmorRoark said:
I'm using all senses of the phrase 'fuck with your head'... not necessarily just the 'what the fuck was that...' sense.

The first time viewed: The Truman Show
The Elephant Man (a haunting childhood memory)
Grizzly Man
Bowling for Columbine
The Audition
Irreversible
Being There
The Usual Suspects

I think Irrebersible is one of the most fucked up movies I've ever seen. Don't get me wrong, it was amazing, but I really did not want that movie to do what it did to me again. No one ever knows what the hell it is when I mention it though...

Flatliners.
Flatliners-LD.jpg

irreversible...

fuck me, what a movie...

gotta warn ya though, its very arthouse and its not for everyone.

i remember the bashing seen early in the movie, half the patrons in the theatre walked out...

near the end of the incident i muttered "awesome", which disturbed a few people, but i was too... its just that it was a real peice of cinema.

very "kubrickesque"

My list(No real order):-

Memento
Se7en
Fight Club
Donnie Darko
Vanilla Sky
The Game
The Curve (Known as 'Dead Man's Curve' in Australia.)
Arlington Road
The Sixth Sense
Mulholland Dr.
Matrix
Natural Born Killers
Elephant
Matchstick Men
The Usual Suspects
Cube
Kurt Vonnegut's Harrison Bergeron
Saw
Saw 2
Series 7
Battle Royale
The Thirteenth Floor

Primal Fear
Usual Suspects
Fight Club
12 Monkeys
Seven
Frailty
Sixth Sense

While mentioned by many above, and I agree they were really cool suspense films in that they left you kinda guessing or took an unsuspecting turn along the way, I wouldn't say they really fucked with my head - they simply entertained better than others on a more-than-flash level by engaging your brain a bit.

What I walked away from, having been mentally and emotionally shaken, was Seven with it's graphic nature. Though, while all those are on my list of 'very enjoyable', the one that takes the cake was Fight Club. Now that one left me twisted in more ways than one - trying to figure out who was who and what had happened, reflecting on the bigger implications of such a reality, etc.

Based on the recommendations above, however, I will set about finding and watching this 'Irreversible' several have pointed to.

Requim for a dream... Jesus fuck the end LOL and the crazy mom.. the whole thing. It used to give me panic attacks hahaha. Oh and anything about alien abduction like Fire in the Sky.. However Alien, Aliens ect the series I think is completely badass. I refuse to see that new Milla Jojovich (sp) movie because I think it would fuck with my head.

My taste in movies is pretty vanilla, but a few faves:

Cube: Love how much of the movie is left unexplained, the way that its world exists in a total vacuum outside the immediate drama of the protagonists.

The Usual Suspects: Not because of the twist, really (so, it was him), but because the twist itself renders the entire preceding timeline moot.

Wishmaster: Okay, so this was just fun. I hated the ending, yet wracked my brain trying (and failing) to find a more satisfying alternative. There really was no other way...or was there?

eXistenZ: Afflicted with the misfortune of coming out near the same time as The Matrix, to which it continues to be unfairly compared. A classic Cronenbergian blend of sex, psychosis, and hardware.

. Movies like requiem for a dream, donnie darko, fight club etc.

The above mentioned movies are kinda dull to me and they definitely don't fuck with my mind :D IMO Hollywood movies all have that same feel, they always stay between the lines and therefor they never really touch me in any way. I consider Hollywood movies like products of massproduction, whereas more alternative movies can be seen as handcrafted, authentic products. Still, I often enjoy Hollywood pic's more than others =D But they never fuck with my mind. It's pure entertainment.

So I'd rather go for stuff like 'the audition' (Takashi), 'Naked' (Leigh), 'the holy mountain' (Jodorowsky) or 'even dwarfs started small' (Herzog).

Capturing the Friedmans documents a familys reaction after two members are accused of paedophilia.

I'd say memento is up there...so much so that I'm scared to watch it when I'm trollied!

Tempted to keep an eye out for some of these recommendations but the old adage that 'what has been seen.... cannot be unseen!' springs to mind ;)

Candy
Everything Is Illuminated
The Village
Donnie Darko
The Matrix
The Paycheck
Battle Royale

And lots more that I can't think of right now..