• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Movies that f#ck with your mind...???

Search-4-the-best

Bluelighter
Hey guys, i hope this post is allowed. I got one question, I love movies that make u think a lil after u watch em...movies that seem 2 have sum hidden deeper theme, but its only subtely portrayed so its enuff 2 drive ur mind crazy workin it out. Movies like requiem for a dream, donnie darko, fight club etc. If anyone knows what im tryin 2 talk about (mind fuck movies 8( as i call em)...could they tell me of any movies that fit into these guidelines, any similar movies? thatd b cool, thanx:)

Angel Heart with Mickey Rourke set in 1950s New Orleans
B0001US62I.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

and Primal Fear with Richard Gere and Ed Norton
1070992-movie-resized200.jpg

And CARRIE
b8f_carrie_se_shot5l234.jpg

They all fucked with me a long time after first viewing...especially Primal Fear . I love em.

for starters:

the manchurian candidate (try the original)
primer

alasdair

Psyched by the 4-D Witch
Eraserhead
A Clockwork Orange
Dream With the Fishes
Serial Mom
Natural Born Killers
City of Lost Children
The Doom Generation
Pink Floyd: The Wall

Id reccommend American Beauty. Great movie with a theme of self liberation and a most beautiful soundtrack. My favourite movie, and it does make you think about the more beautiful things in life as opposed to the materialistic/ i have a big mortgage ethos.

I tried explaining this to my parents, although they just failed to understand. They are part of everything i hate in life. Cliche but the idea of 2 perfect kids a mortgage, range rover, stable job,saving for a pension at 40, not to forget buying a plot for your grave. (sorry!! rant over) =D

For me this movie sums up my philosophy in life, and im sure you will also be enlightened by it.%)

natural born killers
boys dont cry
l.i.e.
pi
bully
house of 1000 corpses

^^those are among the movies that stayed in my head for quite a while after watching them. there are more, but those are the only ones that come to mind at this moment.

Garden State, fear and loathing in las vegas, the usual suspects (sort of fucks with your mind... you would have to see the whole movie to understand what I mean) .. there are more but i cant seem to think of at the moment

The Matrix (first one)
Pleasantville
The Truman Show
Sling Blade

I'm using all senses of the phrase 'fuck with your head'... not necessarily just the 'what the fuck was that...' sense.

The first time viewed: The Truman Show
The Elephant Man (a haunting childhood memory)
Grizzly Man
Bowling for Columbine
The Audition
Irreversible
Being There
The Usual Suspects