Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Movies everyone hates but you

Houseguest (with Sinbad and Phil Hartman) is one of my favorite comedies, though I seem to be the only person I know who has seen it.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: though I admit ignorance of the graphic novel(s), I still like this movie a lot.

Blade: Trinity: yes, it's absolute shit compared to the first two. That said, if I'm willing to put my brain on hold, it's good--and bloody--campy fun.

As long as someone has already mentioned Star Trek, let me add the TOS movie The Search for Spock. A lot of fans decry this movie for being muddled and inconsistent--which it is--but I still think it's the most underrated movie of the franchise.

HisNameIsFrank said:
I really liked The Blair Witch Project. Apparently,I fall into a small minority.

Me too. I even own it. I think that it was made for fun, and hollywood got its claws into it and hyped it up into something other than what most people were expecting.

AmorRoark said:
Anything with Arnold in it. INCLUDING Jingle All the Way.

Hey, I'll be the first to admit that I love The Terminator, Terminator 2, Total Recall, and The Running Man. Personally I can't stand the guy, but he's been in some classic movies.

Hmm, I feel a marathon coming on :D

total_recall_large_03.jpg

"Two weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkssss" =D

Never seen it.

If it's another one of his 'comedy' ones you can forget it sis.

Damien8787 said:
People hate A.I.? I'm with you supertrav I enjoyed that movie a lot.
Reasons to hate A.I.:
  • It's boring.
  • It has Jude Law in it.
  • It has that annoyingly mature child from Sixth Sense in it.
  • It was originally meant to be a Kubrick film, but he died.
  • Spielberg took on the project having spoken to Kubrick about his vision for the film... and turned it into his usual Disney-esque, diabetes-inducing, inoffensive dirge.
  • Every viewing is a cruel reminder of what might have been.

Oh, and here's one that will get me shot: Cool World. There, I said it.

who the hell banished supertrav? he was never THAT bad...and his good oh so outweighed his facetious caustic sarcasm.

dammit.

ah, well. to answer the question, the first biggie that comes to mind is armageddon.

i fucking love that movie, and it is hated by all.

^ You guys never see the worst of it because we clean it up. Look at what we left alone and use your imagination from there.

On topic: I loved Con Air. It made me laugh with it's overblown cheesiness. It was entertaining.

tambourine-man said:
Reasons to hate A.I.:
  • It's boring.
  • It has Jude Law in it.
  • It has that annoyingly mature child from Sixth Sense in it.
  • It was originally meant to be a Kubrick film, but he died.
  • Spielberg took on the project having spoken to Kubrick about his vision for the film... and turned it into his usual Disney-esque, diabetes-inducing, inoffensive dirge.
  • Every viewing is a cruel reminder of what might have been.

it was as it was going to be. apparantly kubrick recruited spielberg to direct before his unfortunate passing.

i <3 AI, for many of the reasons you don't. jude and hailey ftw!

L2R said:
it was as it was going to be.
Awwwww.... come on! :D

You know that rumour about the Superman franchise... the one that claims long before Bryan Singer and Brandon Routh were tapped, Tim Burton was hired to direct and had Nicholas Cage down as the Kryptonian hero? And how everyone involved struggled on, despite Cage's spindly body in a Lycra suit looking like an extra from Communion? But for whatever reason, someone, somewhere had the forethought to realise that if it ever got made, it would be an absolute disaster and ruin the original vision... and despite the risk of bruising egos or the fact that they'd already spent $15 million, that person pulled the plug?

Well... A.I. is basically what happens when "that person" isn't around.
apparantly kubrick recruited spielberg to direct before his unfortunate passing.
The man's still spinning in his grave.

tambourine-man said:
Awwwww.... come on! :D

You know that rumour about the Superman franchise... the one that claims long before Bryan Singer and Brandon Routh were tapped, Tim Burton was hired to direct and had Nicholas Cage down as the Kryptonian hero? And how everyone involved struggled on, despite Cage's spindly body in a Lycra suit looking like an extra from Communion? But for whatever reason, someone, somewhere had the forethought to realise that if it ever got made, it would be an absolute disaster and ruin the original vision... and despite the risk of bruising egos or the fact that they'd already spent $15 million, that person pulled the plug?

Well... A.I. is basically what happens when "that person" isn't around.
fabulous analogy but i respectfully disagree, big guy stinky pants.

The man's still spinning in his grave.

How else are we to keep the cake displays rotating?

i like "Queen of the Damned"!!

a lot too!

reason one: i watched the film before i read the books.

reason two: abbreviations, music video directing and silly acting aside, that is one helluva standalone vampire themed script.

reason three: i was on a strong dose of psychedelics on my first screening at a midnight 3 movie marathon :D