• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Most Powerful or Potent Psychedelic

mad_scientist said:
Br-DFLY is apparently very long-lasting but the effects remain subtle even at doses of a couple mg, whereas the less potent non-aromatic version 2CB-FLY sounds much more fun to take...

2cb-fly is pretty lame IMO...

Most powerful psychedlic I've personally taken would be 5-MeO-DMT. I should've listened to the dosage guidelines on the web about smoking a pin sized amount... We were railing huge coke sized lines of it and smoking as much as we could take... Intimidating to say the least!

Higher binding affinities don't always produce more potent drugs, a concept that took me a fair while to get my head around.
They can even produce receptor antagonists instead of agonists!

In particular to 5-HT2A psychedelics, a high binding affinity does not always mean psychedelic effects are produced. It seems to be /how/ it's activated.
R-lisuride binds with high affinity to the 2A receptor but doesn't produce psychedelic effects. LSD also binds with high affinity, but DOES produce psychedelic effects.
For psychedelic effects, both Gi/o and Gq/11 signaling pathways seem to need to be activated simultaneously. Non-psychedelics such as R-lisuride seem to activate Gq/11 but not Gi/o.
Also, there is something to do with regulation of Src but i'm not experienced enough in pharmacology to understand this fully so I won't ruin the explanation by posting my probably faulty interpretation of it - in any case inhibition of Src greatly diminishes the typical psychological response to LSD (measured by observed behaviors) in the rat (though we will never truly know till a human eats it and tells us! :) ).
As does inhibition of PLC-b, a enzyme regulated by Gq/11.

It'll be small nuances in the structure that will change how the receptor activates linked signaling pathways, even tiny ones like with L-lisuride and LSD.

One dose of birth has given me a strong psychedelic experience for years...

DOC hands down has cracked my universe open wider than any other drug I've ever taken. That's not to say it was the most pleasurable or insightful, but damned if it isn't strong. It's the only drug that was able to take me to the same place (literally out of my mind) and produce the same hallucinations (a very real break in the world glimpsing into another world) time after time.

DXM is not potent at all really, on par with mescaline somewhat.

I don't know the most potent drug- nicotine is a very potent natural substance- but the most powerful drugs for me have been LSD and DMT.

The most potent drugs known to man I think are the opiods, the extreme-potency fentanyl derivatives, some are active at ~0.1ug (0.1 of a microgram) AFAIK. But we aren't discussing other drugs, we're discussing psychedelics.

As a comparison, the threshold dose for LSD (a 5-HT2A agonist) is around 25ug (25 micrograms). I personally think that there won't be many more ligands stronger than LSD in the 5-HT2A agonist class of psychedelics ("classical"), and almost certainly not ones active at less than a microgram like the opioids are!
Salvinorin A (a kappa agonist), around 200ug.
Br-DFLY, 300ug odd.

The answer the original question, I don't thinkg there is an answer! All the psychedelics seem to take you to the same place at the end of it all, but along different paths. My high dose disassociative trips have been every bit as amazing as my high dose classical psychedelic trips, both ending in the Place of Everything and Nothing Simultaneously.

`pr0digy said:
2cb-fly is pretty lame IMO...

I wouldn't call 2C-B-fly lame. it's definitely subtle, but at the same time it has given me a sense of profound peace and euphoria like I've never seen. It lingers on and on, too. It was one of the most therapeutic experiences I've had.

blue)dolphin said:
To my knowledge Pro-lad, ALD-52, and AL-LAD come close, but all have a slightly higher dose range (but not much higher).
Shulgin clearly writes in thikal that ETH-LAD is "a little more potent than LSD".

as for the phenethylamine world, we'll have to wait until someone synthetises DOTFM-DFly, i guess.

hugo24 said:
One dose of birth has given me a strong psychedelic experience for years...

I like that....

Visionary_Kpsycho said:
Is there a drug more potent than LSD or DMT???? Or one that produces way more effects than any of thoose?
yes i did mean powerful

so you want to know whats the "most powerful one"
the drug is like a Vehicle, its a way of traveling...: tripping...
you produce the effect, and the drug makes reality travel in a different way, which makes you be differently

so the most powerful drug is yourself
haha, how boring is that :)
i mean lots of psychedelic can get you there (+infinity)
but in which vehicle will you be good and comfortable at tripping ?
well its all about set and setting aka the terrain, or the weather..
but if you take that as rules, i mean you cant predict the weather..
its all zen really !
you must use your intuition and your rational mind with a good rhythm and melody

so the most powerful in drug is like the best in music
is it the blue, the rock, the jazz...
its the one that will make you feel good at that time

what im trying to say is that "don't worry" those drug are powerful
its about the right one at the right quantity at the right time in your life....and you cant predict that
so be powerful

ungelesene_bettlek said:
as for the phenethylamine world, we'll have to wait until someone synthetises DOTFM-DFly, i guess.

Or better yet, N-(2-methoxy)benzyl-4-(1,1,1-trifluoro-ethylthio)-DFLY
8o

The thing is, the drug is not the experience. The experience is within the one having it. So irrelevant question.

Heyoka said:
Salvia is a very different type of experience than mushrooms, dmt, lsd, mescaline, etc. I kind of think it deserves a classification unto itself although a friend once swore that ketamine and nitrous brought her straight to the salvia space.

I also find salvia an unpleasant experience and mainly do it only often enough to remind myself why I do it so infrequently.

Aren't their "versions" of LSD that are a bit more potent than LSD? I mean, I seem to remember that Hoffman found substances similar to LSD that were active in even lower doses.

I went into a remarkably similar headspace to salvia from doing nitrous and a certain smokable with nitrous.
I could taste the sage on my breath even.

Last edited:
from personal experience...

5-MEO-DMT for being so incredibly strong my finding new ways to alliterate and perceive it will cause my memory of its power to broaden even now, a year after taking the hit that put me on my ass to begin with. Basically, it is the pinnacle of my human perception, and as I find new ways to grasp it, I realize this hit was even more expansive than I previously thought, limited by nothing thus far but my own ability to tangibly experience it. I don't think anything could be more powerful than that, logistically, at all.

DXM for enabling me to perceive things well beyond the scope of explainable human experience, verifiable in real-world terms. Things like binocular vision and picture-in-picture that allowed me to see what was happening behind my back in a way no human should be capable of doing. Things like abstracting all my mental processes seperately and experiencing them a la virtual reality as seven different consciousnesses simultaneously. Et cetera, et cetera. Whatever the fuck DXM does, it has the capacity to do it incredibly well.

just check out which drugs are safe to take together and take 2x more of everything than usually and have a nice time

Weight for weight LSD (or recently created analogues of LSD ;) ) Subjectively you could choose one of a good half dozen I reckon.

Last edited:
zophen said:
Weight for weight LSD. Subjectively you could choose one of a good half dozen I reckon.

Easily. There are some LSD analogs 2-4x stronger than the parent compound as well, of course.

\drug nerd

^ Yeah well Ok then (inserts 53 letter name of compound , then 7 posts claiming three potential other disputed names appear) Ah I know what you mean, but I suspect LSD will serve as a general tag for the purpose and context of the point(s) I was driving at.
Or would you find that unacceptable ? In fact just for you I'll go and edit:)

we took 2800 mics of bromo-dragonfly each (told it was lsd) It was the strongest trip any of us ever had by far. Really excellent. I was glad when it was over.