• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine Mega Thread & FAQ'S

muvolution, what do you think of the method that ONandOFF and myself use? all of the gel is left behind because it comes back to a cool temperature before it goes into a syringe. Yes, also forgot to mention that a 3cc rig is usually the best for morphine if you have a tolerance at all. 2-2.5mLs of water per 100mg is usually safe.

It sounds pretty decent. Obviously if you could get it without heating, it would be better, but it sounds like that is what breaks the ER/ anti-abuse mechanism, and it sounds like all the gel comes out. I might suggest rapidly cooling it in the fridge/ freezer to make sure all the binders precipitate back out.
Also, morphine's solubility is 60mg/mL, so in many cases a 3mL rig is needed if you have any sort of tolerance. I would stick with a leur-lock 3mL syringe with These Needles. that way you can do up to 180mg at once, or 350 if you get a 5mL syringe. At that point it is just a matter of having a lot of fluid to inject, and can become slightly painful if not done very carefully.

I have a friend (yes, it's really not me; I dislike morphine now) who still cooks and shoots MS reds every day. I used to do ms contin myself for years, using a heat-and-add-bits-of-water method that I'm sure would make many people cry, shake their heads and speculate as to how many limbs I have left. For the record, it's a Very Bad Idea to do that, though I know many people who have successfully shot that gel for ten years or more. How long they'll live is an open question, of course.

Being more aware of harm reduction now I suggested he try grinding it up as best he can and just using cold water. He did it but barely got anything from the shot. Then he heated it and got a decent hit.

I would like to help him reduce the harm with cold water. Can anyone confirm a method for cold water extraction for these pills that is as effective as cooking (i.e. you've tried both and got the same result)?

I had a non fatal OD last night.I prepped 2 of the Teva brand 100 mg MS Contin.I had already consumed 160 mg's of methadone earlier,but I had just gotten my first paycheck and wanted to chip a little bit.After doing the shot,I got the most overwhelming morphine rush I've ever had.

Massive histamine release,pins and needles,swollen hands and face (had to take 2 benadryl) and I passed out for about 5 minutes.I then called my friend to talk to me for a few hours so I wouldn't nod off and never wake up.I was severely stoned.

So I know I can in fact prep abuse proof morphine pills for IV use.The MS Contin in the states must be different, or something.I've never had problems like everybody here on bl desribes.Where I live,all the Oxycontin addicts have switched to shooting MS Contin because Oxycontin is way overpriced and weaker then IV morphine.

It amazes me that all the years I was trying / doing every imaginal drug out there that I never IV'd. Had the opportunity several times, "China White " I think it was called. I fear with my addictive personality I would like it too much and having it wind up being a problem. BUT if just once and only once I'd like to try some really good H, or I've heard Dilaudids are supposed to be good too. I get 120 of those a month for breakthrough along with 120 MS Contin 100's which seem to be a regular hot topic within these posts. So I guess what I'm asking is has someone here had a similar story and went ahead and and just just bit the bullet and tried it to put the allure to bed and walked away and called it good. Thanks Folks :)

Curiosity killed the cat.! Remember that.? I would advise you to not go down this road. I too thought this way, and wound up with a bad habbit, and OD'D once. Good thing a friend was there to save me or I would not be here. You don't want to fuck up your tolerance by shooting opiates.! Just take them as prescribed. I am saving you from a world of hurt :)

Curiosity killed the cat.! Remember that.? You don't want to fuck up your tolerance by shooting opiates.! Just take them as prescribed. I am saving you from a world of hurt :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly! Why mess with your tolerance & get a bad habit with the needle on top of that. Once you get hooked with a needle, pills like hydrocodone & codeine will never do anything for you which is a shame because hydrocodone is a good opiate.

Sounds like good advice, thanks I won't do it.
On this other subject, I'm more miffed than ever about whether it is or isn't possible to defeat the SR matrix at least enough for me to get a solid buzz off from time to time. As discussed I don't need to get them prepared for IV but some other ROA. I get those little round grey 100's which I think are better to start with than those obnoxious big baby blue barrels. SO, ask ten guy's get ten diff answers on how the hell to extract a few of these things to get a buzz. I have hundreds of extras from over the years, maybe I should switch to something different, my PM Doc will give me anything I want because of my back surgery and medication history. I tried Opana but was totally unimpressed. The patches were ok for a while, is there something new and exciting out there I haven't heard of and lastly in are there ANY SR pain meds that DON'T have the f'king matrix goop. Thanks again for the encouragement to not even try IV'g.

looking for a way to inject ER Morphine (M-Eslon 60mg)

I am sure this horse has been beaten to death, but i can't find a satisfying answer anywhere.

I recently came across these 60mg M-Eslon ER capsules.

It's the second one from the left.

Anyway, these capsules contain tiny little beads, of waxy consistency.

Here is the ingredient list

Each No. 3 hard gelatin capsule, printed with a logo, "M-ESLON" and "60" in black, opaque orange cap and transparent natural body, contains morphine sulfate 60 mg in the form of extended release microgranules. Nonmedicinal ingredients: cornstarch, dibutyl sebacate, polyoxyethylene glycol, polymeric dispersion of ethylcellulose, sugar and talc; capsule shell: colouring agent, gelatin, and sulfur dioxide. Tartrazine-free.

Here is what i have tried: i tried crushing the little beads. The resulting powder floats on top of water and does not appear to get wet, or mix with water in any acceptable way.

How does one properly prepare this specific tablet for IV administration, when one doesn't have access to micron filters?
Personal experience with this specific capsule is appreciated.

Would breaking up the beads break the ER release matrix, and expose most of the water soluble Morphine Sulphate, which would then simply dissolve in water?

I threw the crushed beads in a spoon and added water. I observed no gelling, but the powder floated on top and stayed dry. I tried stirring it in, but all the powder collects in a large clump, with the inside staying dry. I haven't shot these yet, but i really want to do so without inflicting damage upon me.

Last edited:
Everyone has access to Micron filters: www.gpzservices.com

This are little waxy beads, so IMO, it is not ever going to be safe for IV administration.
Check out the Morphine megathread on the second page of the Other Drugs Forum, there is alot of info in there about breaking down wax-based ER formulations.

i don't want to spend the money on the filters, because even if i have the filters, i still don't know how to properly prepare them.

I am well aware that there are risks when injecting pills. I plan on reducing the harm i am doing to myself by choosing the right method of preparation.

After all, i could have simply crushed the powder, threw it in a syringe and slam. But that would be reckless and irresponsible. Surely there are better ways of doing this.

i don't want to spend the money on the filters, because even if i have the filters, i still don't know how to properly prepare them.

I am well aware that there are risks when injecting pills. I plan on reducing the harm i am doing to myself by choosing the right method of preparation.

After all, i could have simply crushed the powder, threw it in a syringe and slam. But that would be reckless and irresponsible. Surely there are better ways of doing this.

seriously ? you have over 1500 posts here and you dont want to use micron filters?
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/481622-Micron-Filtering-Mega-Thread-and-FAQ

Its pretty self explanatory... and if its that hard, the thread that C.H. started that I link to in my signature has pictures!

Honestly man those pills are very difficult to inject. I wouldnt recommend even trying if you don't have any micron filters, that really is recipe for disaster. Any method someone tells you on here will probably just cause the solution to temporarily be injectable (It can get into a syringe, then in your vein) but also remove very little, if any of the fillers and binders that can damage you. If you get micron filters it will at least be semi-safe, though still not a good idea.

I'd recommend just trying another ROA. Injecting it isnt worth your trouble or the harm it will cause your body. Maybe try plugging them? Certainly that would be better than trying to inject, and you will also get more out of them than you would if you take them orally.

okay, listen.

I will get the micron filters, once i am positive that these things are injectable without any hassle.
What i currently have in my possession doesn't matter at all, because i am looking for a way to prepare these capsules for IV administration.

What bothers me is that the powdered beads don't dissolve in water, and the powder itself doesn't get wet, it "avoids" the water if that makes sense.

So i am just oh so curious how i am going to dissolve the morphine sulphate out of this powder if it doesn't even mix with water.
If i am positive that i can disolve the powder in water SOMEHOW, then i shall look into purchasing a micron filter. Right now, in my current situation, i would gain nothing from purchasing a micron filter, as i don't even know how to disolve the powdered beads yet.

I refrain from heating the powder, as i am certain this would dissolve the wax matrix, and this can't be good, can it? I mean, it's good because the morphine dissolves (probably), but also the wax ends up in my veins, and i don't want this.

I read about a method defeating wax matrices and morphine sulphate somewhere, involving Toluene. Apparently the morphine sulphate is not soluble in Toluene, but the wax matrix is. So it should be as simple as throwing the beads into a shot glass of toluene, let gravity do it's thing, decant and purge of solvent to obtain pure Morphine sulphate and other insoluble binders (which then could be taken care of with a MICRON FILTER 8) ). Would this question be better off in the chemistry section of the board?

could someone confirm this method of defeating wax matrices? I am a very feeble minded addict, and i don't need these pills that bad that i have to shoot them and endanger my health doing so. Unfortunately, these 60mg ER release are all i can get, and they are paid for by my insurance, so i am looking for a way to prepare these for IV. And if it means chemical separation of ingredients, then so be it. I have a *large* amount of these on hand, so it would be damn nice if i could figure out how to shoot these safely.

And a solvent based extraction, on say, 60 tablets should net me some 3.5 grams of straight morphine sulphate. The only problem being, is that i have never employed said method, and i can not vouch for it's validity.

i found the thread. I suppose it's up to me now to do some preliminary testing.
HERE

Last edited:
Quick question for ya. With Roxys, how long does it take pill to dissolve w/out heat? Can I use lukewarm water? Also do u get a shot just as strong as when heated? Some of those generic Roxys are very hard, if crushed to powder will all 30 mgs dissolve w/out heat. I know I may sound anal but I'd like to know bc they are expensive and I'm an opiate addict and want the most for my money. Also does anyone know where I can find micron filters in baton rouge, la.

Last edited:
I'm gonna sneak this little off topic wrong thread tiny question. But first thank u guy's for this spirited banter about IV'ing my ms 100's. I am now thoroughly scared to try any of these methods. However, for my plain Oxycodone, I assume I should filter those as well even though I've read here that they're just mix and go. Where do u procure these famous micron filters, thanks again all.

Hey, check out the links at the bottom of my post for everything you could ever need regarding micron filtering.
You can buy almost everything you would need at Amazon.com, GPZServices, or Mountainside-Medical.net.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions regarding IV use. Big ups to you for doing this right an doing your research.

Best way to IV MScontin

So I am getting some 60mg MScontins next week, and I've wanted to try IV'ing morphine for quite awhile, but the ones I'm prescribed are the Kadian 60mg (the ones that have the lil white beads inside a capsule) and I dont think those are able to be IV'd. So can someone tell me how to go about prepping and shooting MScontin ? I'm still new to IV'ing, just IV'd for the first time a couple days ago with Dilaudid, I am a long time opiate user tho, so I have a decently high tolerance. But like i said, i am new to IV'ing, so as much info on how to prep and shoot MScontin would be much appreciated, because I prefer to be as safe as possible. Oh and just in case it matters, the syringes I currently have are the U-100 Insulin 1cc Syringes and I believe they are either 29 or 30gauge.

Last edited: