• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine>Kratom (Dosage)

Branggen

Bluelighter
So Ive been tapering off off opiates the past year+ starting from 100 mg methadone(1gram morphine daily equiv). One month ago I was taking 50mg morphine/day and have since tapered to 20mg/day for the past 3 days. I take 10mg of extended release morphine 2x a day. I know that kratom strength varies a lot but has anyone got any ideas on a dose of kratom that would be ideal? 20mg morphine is like 15mg of oxy

Last edited:
10 mg of morphine = 1 mg methadone? that's interesting.

I'd say you'll need 5-8 grams and hopefully that'll hold you to start

10 mg of morphine = 1 mg methadone? that's interesting.

I'd say you'll need 5-8 grams and hopefully that'll hold you to start
5-8 grams sounds like a decent amount but I guess that would be throughout the day, I remember taking like 5 grams way back in the day and that kinda worked minimally but I think my tolerance was higher back then

And the morphine to methadone ratio is weird, daily methadone dosage is exponentially stronger with higher dosage because of buildup I assume so it isn't linear.

Ratios by dose of methadone

0-20 mg 4:1 ratio (0-80 mg morphine)
21-40 mg 8:1 ratio (168-320 mg morphine)
41-50 mg 10:1 (410-500 mg morphine)
51-60 mg 12:1 ratio ( 612-720 mg morphine)

Last edited:
Mitragynine (the active in kratom) is about 1/3rd the potency of morphine.

So, if you have a sample of kratom that is 1.2% mitragynine, 5 grams of said kratom would contain 60mg of mitragynine, which is roughly equivalent to 20mg or morphine. Thus you might say 1 gram of said kratom is roughly equal to 4mg of morphine.

Given the range of potencies of kratom, you could roughly say that kratom overall as the morphine equivalence of 2mg-5mg per gram.

Of course, this is assuming low 7-hydroxymitragynine containing morphine kratom, bit still 2-5mg of morphine per gram is probably the best figure.

That said, mitragynine as a partial agonist doesn't feel nearly as enjoyable as morphine, so one might say 5g doesn't feel like 20mg of morphine. But based on binding and equianalgesic effects, that would be the rough equivalency.

I'm not sure what the question is exactly. However, here's my take on kratom: Try to get some crushed leaf. Make a tea by bringing to a boil and then turn it to low for an hour. Experiment, but to start you could use 1/4 cup of crushed leaf. Add some lemon, just a bit imho. This is much more euphoric than toss n wash w/ powder. Or at least I noticed it hits you fast. The great thing, Branggen, is it tastes awesome :) Yep, Kratom tea is taaaaasty! Of course if you add a ton of leaf it will prob taste weird, but no need. Just a 1/4 cup leaf :) enjoy! xrZfC

I'm not sure what the question is exactly. However, here's my take on kratom: Try to get some crushed leaf. Make a tea by bringing to a boil and then turn it to low for an hour. Experiment, but to start you could use 1/4 cup of crushed leaf. Add some lemon, just a bit imho. This is much more euphoric than toss n wash w/ powder. Or at least I noticed it hits you fast. The great thing, Branggen, is it tastes awesome :) Yep, Kratom tea is taaaaasty! Of course if you add a ton of leaf it will prob taste weird, but no need. Just a 1/4 cup leaf :) enjoy! xrZfC
Cool, how much opiates would you compare your quarter cup of leaf to and how many grams of kratom do you think are in there?

Cool, how much opiates would you compare your quarter cup of leaf to and how many grams of kratom do you think are in there?
.25 of a Dilaudid 2mg. 1 mcg of fent lol, actually Im not sure exactly :)