• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Morphine dose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invisible Helper

Bluelighter
I posted a thread and it got closed cause it's against the rules to ask what an estimated dose for me would be ? I have morphines Extendde release 15 mg I do blk tar .4 a day IV but I'm not trying to shoot pills just asking what is considered a normal dose for a tolerant person , as well as an opiate naive person what is an average dose for them ? Thanks guys and please explain why I'm breaking the rules if I do it again sorry

Yeah a couple of the mods on this site are stupid, sorry they closed it. Anyway if you have a tolerance of.4 Heroin a day IV. And if you plan on taking those 15mg orally then you're gonna need alot. I have a small tolerance to opiates and need 100mg of morphine to get high. And that's not even full on nodding but it does make me feel good. I'd say take 150mg and titrate your dose from there.

No, the mods aren't stupid and there are very good reasons as to why we shouldn't tell a person to take a certain amount. However, I feel it is okay as long as both parties understand what is and isn't a safe dose. Now for your question.

If you are taking this for actual pain, take what your doctor prescribed.

But if this is for recreational purposes...

If what you have is morphine sulfate 15mg, a little blue pill, I and many others agree that 60mg is a nice starting dose. Reading around, someone mentioned that benadryl (diphenhydramine) could take the edge off and potentiate the morphine. If you are tolerant, maybe consider taking 75mg after 24 hours, but only if the first dose proves unsatisfactory.

A non opioid tolerant person should not exceed 200mg.

IME morphine has always been very fun for me to nod off to.

Read around.

Last edited:
No, the mods aren't stupid and there are very good reasons as to why we shouldn't tell a person to take a certain amount. However, I feel it is okay as long as both parties understand what is and isn't a safe dose. Now for your question.

If you are taking this for actual pain, take what your doctor prescribed.

But if this is for recreational purposes...

If what you have is morphine sulfate 15mg, a little blue pill, I and many others agree that 60mg is a nice starting dose. Reading around, someone mentioned that benadryl (diphenhydramine) could take the edge off and potentiate the morphine. If you are tolerant, maybe consider taking 75mg after 24 hours, but only if the first dose proves unsatisfactory.

A non opioid tolerant person should not exceed 200mg.

IME morphine has always been very fun for me to nod off to.

Read around.

Most the mods are decent just one In particular im not fond of. But that's a different matter. You should really consider reading OPs post before commenting as it just makes you look stupid. He is in no way not opiod tolerant and actually has a pretty decent sized habit. 60mg probably wouldn't even take away his withdrawals. And he stated this is for recreational purposes so he's gonna need a high dosage compared to people who are new to opiods. Since oral morphine isn't that effective and he has the lowest dose available.

Well OP go ahead and follow directions from OvO. I'm too scared to tell you to take anything higher than a opioid naive pussy baseline dose. Ovo, Is he quitting or are you assuming he doesn't have .4 tar everyday and morphine is a substitute?

Then again who has dope everyday.

Just for the record I didn't say he couldn't keep going higher, but I've got personal experience with people overdosing so I typically say taper up taper down.

no argument here gais

That is why it was closed. You might get 10 different responses and we dont know which one you would choose to follow. There are opioid conversion charts to guide you but they too arent 100% reliable. It is against the rules how much should I take which this basically is asking.

Morphine gives me severe headaches. I used to shoot heroin and even that feels like crap to me anymore not to mention that needles tend to screw up your veins plus the risk of infection..
The thing about dosage is its highly dependent on your tolerance and other factors so what might give one person a nice buzz and nod might kill another person and like me morphine might cause severe headaches.
To each their own I guess..

I've had to breath into plenty of other people's mouths to keep them alive myself. Back when I was still shooting heroin there was always someone who would come along and want to play the big dog only to be laying off to the side with blue lips so Nixiom is correct.. Taper up and don't just take someone's word for it when it comes to dosages. Be safe not sorry.

Sorry for the late reply . It's for a combination of both . I want to experience it recreationally one time but mainly I have it as a back up for withdrawal on days I can't get blk and I have to work at times I just wanted to know what a general dose is for someone with withdrawals to get well . I'm keeping around 400 mg for my detox kit so eventually I do wanna quit since these are extended release I was wondering if someone had experience using them to taper . Thanks and sorry for the million questions blue lights the best hands down

Ya so I took 150 mgs 10 pills at once and it kept me sleeping very nice through the entire night no withdrawals so I think I found my dose to get well . To get high I'd need 200 or more I think but it's ER so it's not so much of a high as it is me having energy and feeling normal

I think you have your answer now. Feel free to pm me but I think we can close it out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.