• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

More water soluble THC products

How do you folks compare the effectiveness of these water soluble products to regular mct tinctures? The doses you’re talking about wouldn’t even phase me lol unless this significantly improves bioavailability ... sans tolerance I usually take ~100 mg thc (slightly more than 3ml of reign drops).

The bioavailability is very much increased. it’s 100% water soluble. Here are a couple of old pictures I took/made

vQT89F6l.jpg

If1sknxm.jpg

gE8hpnvm.jpg

These products work by using self encapsulating water soluble nanospheres (a mouthful 😀) Typically the magic molecule that does this is Tocospherolan, although there are others. They ‘trap’ the THC/CBD/etc inside little spheres that cross cellular barriers easily. The graph that was posted was of me, on an almost empty stomach.

Now on sale are 10 mg water soluble THC shots. You down 3 or 4 of these and the effects are rapid and strong. And the fade out or come down is reasonable. I find less burnout w/these b/c when they finish, it’s fairly quick and doesn’t draaaaagggggg out.

So far the tech is being used in plain drops (that you can add to anything), a few premade beverages (sodas, seltzers, iced teas) and some edibles. Yup, a gummie that hits quicker.

Tom

Oops, forgot to add that the pictures of my lemonade experiment were before and after addition of the water soluble drops. And since it’s 100% soluble, you can if so desired make stupidly strong drinks. I had a 5mg beer (no alcohol), and although the beer tasted like shit it hit the spot after mowing the lawn.

@tired of crap
the bioavailability is over double the non-emulsified oils. It hits fast and hard like smoking but 5 minutes slower than smoking followed by a ramp. I recommend re-dosing after 25 minutes.
so far the best or strongest seems to be the emprise nano, but the bottle bugs me with the syringe. I put some in a tiny squeeze bottle for tears (rinsed clean first) and that works GREAT!!!

Haven’t done this yet, but I love the idea of having, say 4 beverages over the course of a Friday night, each at 5mg. It’s slow redosing and the social effect is fairly equivaelent to having a couple of cocktails.

And the 10 mg shots are for people who want to get wrecked (so far I’ve seen citrus, berry and watermelon).

When I started with edibles. It was always homemade and hit or miss. Then I started buying black market edibles and thought I had a higher tolerance than I really did (tried legal edible oil with first time a disaster, way too high). And now the water soluble stuff comes along with the end result being efficiency, low cost and flexibility/ease of dosimg.

Here’s what I’ve used the drops in so far
-coffee
-espresso
-bubly water
-sodastream anything
-mashed potatoes
-pizza sauce
-couple drops on a big mac
-made low sodium THC infused beef jerky (LOVE)
-a squeeze bottle of red rooster sriracha sauce with 50mg THC in the whole bottle.

I’ve got 2 ice cubes I haven’t tried yet (?)

But yeah, homemade popsicles for summer.

Tom

Haven’t done this yet, but I love the idea of having, say 4 beverages over the course of a Friday night, each at 5mg. It’s slow redosing and the social effect is fairly equivaelent to having a couple of cocktails.

And the 10 mg shots are for people who want to get wrecked (so far I’ve seen citrus, berry and watermelon).

When I started with edibles. It was always homemade and hit or miss. Then I started buying black market edibles and thought I had a higher tolerance than I really did (tried legal edible oil with first time a disaster, way too high). And now the water soluble stuff comes along with the end result being efficiency, low cost and flexibility/ease of dosimg.

Here’s what I’ve used the drops in so far
-coffee
-espresso
-bubly water
-sodastream anything
-mashed potatoes
-pizza sauce
-couple drops on a big mac
-made low sodium THC infused beef jerky (LOVE)
-a squeeze bottle of red rooster sriracha sauce with 50mg THC in the whole bottle.

I’ve got 2 ice cubes I haven’t tried yet (?)

But yeah, homemade popsicles for summer.

Tom
so which drops did you get, and how many drops go in coffee or espresso?
(I find espresso completely masks the flavor of the nano)

@bingey I threw away the brochure, but probably not a great idea.
save your veins for special things.

It's well known that the oral bioavailability of THC isn't great, but just how much greater is the oral bioavailabiliy of nanoemulsions? We don't really have much data on it.

A quick search brought up a study that suggest one hydrophobic compound is nine times more potent in nano form.

@w01fg4ng direct experience works,
E.g. put a few drops on tongue - within 5 mins a burning flavor affects mouth and pharynx - 15 mins later no more burning flavor, and a strong buzz dawns, more space, soft warm relaxation. etc. within 20 mins you could take more or not, you are at the plateau.

this especially true with the Emprise Nano (which I think has Tween like your circumin article.). largely true also with Yawn and XMG drops.

I'm still shopping around and probably have already found my source but I'll update here once I pull the trigger.

DIY: A cheaper way to achieve similar* results.

How to make Cannabis Infused Water Soluble Powder the Easy Way.​

@w01fg4ng let me know if it works, I would start with my bubble hash
how long till effects onset.

I turned on an old friend to veryvell yawn drops at a barbecue yesterday (fully vaxed)
they were totally liberated - they had recently given up all forms of smoking.

So I was skeptical of the advertised 3-4X increase of bioavailability (hypernova nano drops by emprise) ... so I compromised and bought yawn drops as a gift for a friends birthday lol

He only had Pepsi or what to mix in, so needless to say the camomile and somewhat weedy taste wasn’t entirely pleasant. Thankfully I expected such and knew to keep the drink small with a fresh chaser.

Effects within 15min (maybe even less). Which surprised me given it was only 20mg and I almost always take 100mg of Mct thc oil (reign drops or equivalent). Admittedly I wasn’t as stoned as with the other oils but it hit so much harder it caught me off guard. We were smoking concentrates so it’s hard to tell duration but it seemed to be coming down by about 4-5hts.

Impressed with this experience I grabbed some hypernova nano drops because of the increased concentration (30mg/ml vs 20 in yawn), mind overall thc content was about equivalent due to the smaller volume in hypernova.

There was no indication of drops per ml and the syringe was weird. It had three lines near the bottom and indicated “one dosage unit”.... wait what. From experience a similar sized syringe in reign drops (and another brand i can’t recall ) was 1ml, so I assumed these marks indicated 0.1ml, and as such all 3 represented a single dose of 10mg ( but there was no indication of such on the package or the ocs website)...so I dosed 3 and 1/3 units, in hopes of achieving 30mg

I so happened to have Pepsi and decided I’d try it for sake of comparison. Yuck. So bitter and even more weed flavoured than the yawn drops and the taste lingered for 10min

Effects within minutes and I questioned whether I misjudged the dose. But things leveled out shortly and overall a decent experience, mind the taste.

Buddy redosed, 3hrs after his initial 20, in a capsule due to the awful taste but didn’t notice much effect

Will likely go with yawn drops or something else next time

@tired of crap did you compare yawn with XMG?
I like the nano and transferred the contents to a dropper bottle which lasted me a month - the metered syringe thingy is whacked.

@pupnik no I have not tried xmg drops. But the hypernova drops were significantly more bitter than yawn (which I see you noted some posts back and I missed ... oops) perhaps due to the added terpenes, which iirc aid with absorption (and maybe entourage?) or perhaps due to differences in the manufacturing process (buddy and I watched a bunch of videos on how to produce nano emulsion while we were all stoned on the yawn drops lol... and a number of videos mentioned anti bittering agents... so idk)

I think the syringe is weird too especially given there is no actual measurements listed, just “one dosage unit”... given the thc content is listed at ~30mg/ml I would have assumed that meant one dosage unit = 30 mg but there’s no way even filling the syringe to the top line (about 1/3 down the syringe) would equate 1ml. So I presumed, as noted above given similarly sized syringes, the one dosage unit (perhaps indicated by the top of the 3 lines)?was likely for ~10mg, with each line representing 0.1ml or ~3mg.

I was disappointed with the lack of clarity in the means to dose accurately tbh

And I noticed that the syringe is not air tight and leaks out the top side of the plunger if you don’t draw it ever so carefully

@pupnik no I have not tried xmg drops. But the hypernova drops were significantly more bitter than yawn (which I see you noted some posts back and I missed ... oops) perhaps due to the added terpenes, which iirc aid with absorption (and maybe entourage?) or perhaps due to differences in the manufacturing process (buddy and I watched a bunch of videos on how to produce nano emulsion while we were all stoned on the yawn drops lol... and a number of videos mentioned anti bittering agents... so idk)

I think the syringe is weird too especially given there is no actual measurements listed, just “one dosage unit”... given the thc content is listed at ~30mg/ml I would have assumed that meant one dosage unit = 30 mg but there’s no way even filling the syringe to the top line (about 1/3 down the syringe) would equate 1ml. So I presumed, as noted above given similarly sized syringes, the one dosage unit (perhaps indicated by the top of the 3 lines)?was likely for ~10mg, with each line representing 0.1ml or ~3mg.

I was disappointed with the lack of clarity in the means to dose accurately tbh

And I noticed that the syringe is not air tight and leaks out the top side of the plunger if you don’t draw it ever so carefully
I threw the plunger syringe away next day and xferred contents to a nose spray dropper (if you take out the clear plastic hose it becomes a good drop dispenser) and kept at it for a month, I am now back on the yawn, which taste so much better than nano but not as strong, the XMG are a tiny bit better tasting than the yawn and the same strength - I think it is actually the same company in quebec but not sure.

Homemade "water - soluble" THC powder process and results:

I first made a tincture with almost a 1:1 ratio of delta 8 THC to MCT oil, but slightly less THC and slightly more MCT oil (maybe a 9:10 ratio). Using this tincture I then mixed a small portion into an equal amount (by weight) of maltodextrin until the mix was an even powder. This powder was then sifted through a small steal strainer, spread out on parchment paper and allowed to air dry for a day.

The resulting powder comes out to about 25% potency (delta 8 by weight), with the rest of the weight simply being MCT oil and maltodextrin.

Results:
I've had several trial runs so I have multiple results and they all tell the same story:

Dissolves in water? (MOSTLY) The powder partially dissolves but it's more of a suspension. It's mixed well enough to make useful drinks on the go or otherwise at any given time. This is the best use I found for this method of consumption.

Onset time decreased? (FAIL) The onset time doesn't change. Empty stomach or not, the results are the same as a regular tincture or edible: A long come up time.

Potency increase? (FAIL) The potency does not change. Again, an empty stomach or not the results are the same as a regular tincture or edible.

Conclusion:

This homemade powder is only useful for people who want a ready-made powder to use in drinks and or foods. It doesn't increase potency nor does it change the onset time. If you want a fast onset time and increased potency, use a NANO emulsified product instead of this homemade stuff. @pupnik