• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

⫸STICKY⫷ More drug busts (2000-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police bust alleged internet drug dealers, seize $1.2m of drugs ahead of Schoolies We

Police bust alleged internet drug dealers, seize $1.2m of drugs ahead of Schoolies Week

http%3a%2f%2fprod.static9.net.au%2f_%2fmedia%2f2015%2f11%2f20%2f17%2f35%2f151120_raidsdrugbustqld3.ashx

Queensland police have busted online drug dealers, some aged as young as 15, and seized $1.2m of drugs in a crackdown ahead of Schoolies Week on the Gold Coast.

Meth, MDMA, LSD and cannabis were seized as part of the five-month operation, Detective Superintendent John Wacker said.

The operation culminated yesterday in 27 people being charged with 105 offences, including 35 drug supply charges.

Police hoped the busts would cut down the availability of drugs at Schoolies Week, an end-of-school celebration due to begin on the Gold Coast.

“This operation was coordinated to close this week due to the Schoolies celebrations on the Gold Coast, to reduce availability of the alleged dangerous drugs to persons who may be attending those festivities,” Det. Supt Wacker said.

One raid uncovered a hydroponic cannabis-growing operation in Redbank Plains that had more than 200 plants, police allege.

A 15-year-old was among the alleged distributors police busted, Det. Supt Wacker said.

“We have allegedly identified people as young as 15 distributing dangerous drugs in this way and we are greatly concerned that these sites are easily accessible to school aged children,” he said.

Police have warned they will continue to crack down on drug dealers who plan to use online networking sites to sell drugs, particularly ahead of Schoolies Week.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...s-ahead-of-schoolies-week#bthjQr3JURvvRWQu.99

They allege a lot, don't they? Anyway, so they bust these internet vendors, which is among the safest way to buy drugs with a lot more control for the buyer, to rid people of these extremely dangerous drugs. Like cannabis, right? So that the people attending the festivities won't have the risk of ruining their lives with these harmful drugs, and will resort to the absolutely safe alcohol. A job well done!

This makes me cringe.

Isis fighters use Captagon amphetamine pills to stay awake, Turkey just seized 11 mil

captagon.jpg

Turkish authorities this weekend seized 11 million Captagon pills - the amphetamine drug that is used in huge amounts by Isis fighters to keep them alert and full of energy.

The stimulant drug has been dubbed as the drug fuelling Syria's civil war, as its production provides incomes for all factions in the war and keeps fighters awake over long periods of time.

Turkish anti-narcotic police confiscated over 10.9 million pills, weighing almost two tonnes, in two separate raids in the eastern Hatay region near the border with Syria, the interior ministry announced.

7.3 million pills were captured in one raid, and were set for shipment to Gulf countries concealed inside 1,300 oil filters, AFP reported.

Another 3.6 million were seized in a depot.

One Syrian and two Turkish nationals were detained on suspicion of trying to organise the smuggling.

The amphetamine fenethylline is often mixed with caffeine and other substances to create Captagon, the 'brand name' for the drug.

It is illegal in most Arab countries but it is easily counterfeited by local manufacturers.

It's also popular throughout the Middle East, and in Western Asia.

Earlier this month, Lebanese authorities charged a Saudi Prince and nine others with drug trafficking, after discovering that almost two tonnes of Captagon pills and cocaine were waiting to be loaded onto their private jet at Beirut airport.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ghters-to-keep-themselves-awake-a6744366.html

Two tonnes of pills... but these weren't for ISIS fighters. The pills were being exported out of Syria to the gulf.

Exactly what Wombat said! ^^^^

Including 'ISIS in the article is just "drug's are baaad, mmmkay!" bullshit.

Also although Captagon is fenethylline, these counterfeit pills are always just plain amphetamine according to Saudi Arabia's Police/anti-drug group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenethylline

On 26 October 2015, a member of the Saudi royal family, Prince Abdel Mohsen Bin Walid Bin Abdulaziz, and four others were detained in Beirut on charges of drug trafficking after airport security discovered two tons of Captagon (fenethylline) pills and some cocaine on a private jet scheduled to depart for the Saudi capital of Riyadh.[

Spain cocaine seizure: Drug disguised as wooden pallets

Spanish police say they have seized dozens of pallets made out of 1.4 tonnes of compressed cocaine that was made to look like wood.

They also uncovered cocaine disguised as charcoal as part of the same shipment from Colombia to Valencia.

The authorities have arrested at least 11 people in Spain, Britain and Dubai.

Spanish customs officials say in recent years they have found cocaine in breast implants, a wig and even a plaster cast encasing a man's broken leg.

Police suspect that smugglers used a charcoal company in Spain as a front to import the cocaine.

_87173156_f595217a-7864-41ae-a551-50fcc92800d2.jpg

The drugs were then extracted from pallets and charcoal, processed and distributed around Europe.

Spain is seen as the main entry point in Europe for drug smugglers from South America.

The UK National Crime Agency said 11 people had been arrested: six men from Liverpool held in the UK and Dubai, and another five - two Colombians, two Peruvians and a Spaniard - in the Spanish region of Valencia.

A Spanish police statement (in Spanish) said a total of 12 people had been arrested, including a man held in Madrid several months ago.

Source and video: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35082219

They literally will come up with anything these days to get around prohibition. The days of "boot-legging" are gone, replaced with fake pallets and cousin infused breast implants. Smh...

I had dope once that looked exactly like that shit...when I heated it turned yellow as gold. I wonder if the same process was used. If you mixed a cold shot it looked like black watercolor paimt. Little heat and it all disappeared...I'd love to k ow.

Best import set up. Pretend you are a horse breeder, order a horse from Mexico. Have them get the horse to digest bags of coke and give it somthing to keep it constipated.

Once it arrives get it to shit and you have your shipment and your racehorse all in one.

Fair fucked but it happens.

^ I've read about people using elephants for that purpose. Only not letting the animal eat it, but surgically implant LOADS of the stuff into their stomach. I think there was an incident where said elephant died or something.

^ I've read about people using elephants for that purpose. Only not letting the animal eat it, but surgically implant LOADS of the stuff into their stomach. I think there was an incident where said elephant died or something.

That story was posted here in ditm

Animals+smuggling=eternity in hell

HMAS Melbourne busts 118kg heroin shipment

adf_hmas_melb_drug_haul-1cdy7i5pz663rv80gl2_fct976x732x95.0_ct620x465.JPG

HMAS Melbourne personnel have completed a fourth successful drug seizure for Operation MANITOU after seizing 118kg of heroin from a fishing vessel in the Indian Ocean.

The ship's boarding party completed a thorough search of the vessel on 26 December and discovered 118kg of drugs hidden inside which was subsequently transported onboard HMAS Melbourne for further analysis and disposal.

Commodore Jaimie Hatcher, the commander of the joint Australian/Canadian Combined Task Force 150 who directed the mission, said the boarding reinforces the commitment and capability of Navy personnel who deploy to the region.

"This latest seizure is testament to the professionalism of HMAS Melbourne's crew and the Royal Australian Navy in general," he said.

"The message here to smugglers who try to make a profit from running drugs for terrorists is simple - we will pursue you."

Chief of Joint Operations, Vice Admiral David Johnston, said the latest seizure took the total drugs seized by RAN ships in the Middle East to more than five tonnes in the past two years.

"The Navy personnel deployed to the Middle East are on duty around the clock and everyday of the week and continue to do a fantastic job. Their commitment is again demonstrated over this year's Christmas period," he said.

"Since starting operational duties in September 2015, Melbourne has conducted four successful seizures of illegal narcotics totalling more than 900 kilograms.

"This latest seizure demonstrates our national commitment to eliminating the funding sources of terrorism. This event included the participation of the Australian-led Combined Task Force 150 that commands the operation down to the individual ship that carried it out."

Melbourne is conducting maritime security operations with the multinational Combined Maritime Forces as part of CTF150. The ship's operations encompass the Indian Ocean and Arabian Gulf during her deployment in the Middle East Region.

One of several task groups assigned to Combined Maritime Forces, CTF150 undertakes maritime security patrols in the region to counter maritime related terrorism and to intercept the trafficking of drugs and illicit cargoes that help fund international terrorist activities.

This is Melbourne's eighth deployment to the Middle East Region and the 61st for the RAN since the Gulf War in 1991.

adf_hmas_melb_drug_bust-ujr0e856t03dqh80gl2_t300.JPG

Source: http://www.northernstar.com.au/news/hmas-melbourne-busts-118kg-heroine-shipment/2885332/

I dunno...is the growth of the market going exponentially like the US? I know that asia has some dope passing through there.

People normally say that the equivalent of 10% of each apprehension runs in the streets.
The police says these things I don't know if it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.