• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

⫸STICKY⫷ More drug busts (2000-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen the latest Drugs inc? I think it's called Super meth (I think it's the latest one) they show several loads of Mexican meth that looked amazing, the biggest shards I have ever seen.

Have you seen the latest Drugs inc? I think it's called Super meth (I think it's the latest one) they show several loads of Mexican meth that looked amazing, the biggest shards I have ever seen.

Super meth... mmm. I will have to find that episode.

EDIT: Holy mother of God.

2088424_photo-tmptmpw7qmtysupermeth_008_drugsincvijpg-from-bulk-upload_7hqdjmj4am3d2cszxsyeykq4xpncurxrbvj6lwuht2ya6mzmafma_610x457.jpg

Daaayum can you imagine how big the batch was that made chards like that? Those ones in the aus bust look killer too.

Yeah that's it SJB, and then they crush it down to make it easier to transport and it ends up looking like the ones in that big Aus bust.

Found the episode Poledriver was referring to:

[video=youtube_share;L-FYWzNg3mw]http://youtu.be/L-FYWzNg3mw[/video]

Near the beginning of the episode, they state: "The life expectancy of an addict is 7 years." Now that sounds like pure misinformation to me. Where in the hell did they find that number? The only pages I can find it on are also claiming that 99% of meth users are addicted after the first hit, which gives you an idea of their credibility.

Ahh, how far you have fallen, National Geographic. Those documentaries on Saturday about Africa or volcanoes or cobras on the public TV channel were great. Now we get a bunch of sensationalized crap and reality shows...

Also... $1,000 per pound!? That is absolutely insane. The supply must be enormous to have dropped the prices so low.

Last edited:
Found the episode Poledriver was referring to:

[video=youtube_share;L-FYWzNg3mw]

Near the beginning of the episode, they state: "The life expectancy of an addict is 7 years." Now that sounds like pure misinformation to me. Where in the hell did they find that number? The only pages I can find it on are also claiming that 99% of meth users are addicted after the first hit, which gives you an idea of their credibility.

Ahh, how far you have fallen, National Geographic. Those documentaries on Saturday about Africa or volcanoes or cobras on the public TV channel were great. Now we get a bunch of sensationalized crap and reality shows...

The whole National Geographic, Discovery Channel, History Channel group has gone WAYYYY downhill in the past 10 years. I miss regular old nature/science documentaries that you now only get on PBS Nature or Nova. You never see stuff like that on cable anymore. You get bs like those fake documentaries they play about mermaids or super smart killer sharks or ancient aliens, ugh....total trash.

Guess when you've been using regular meth for fear mongering for so long than people are inured to it, you have to move on to "Supermeth!"

I'm imagining one of those giant shards in tights and a cape, flying around and breaking off chunks into the pipes of desperate fiends, leaping tall rehab fences in a single bound. And the crystals his Fortress of Solitude are built out of won't be from an alien planet ;)

superman.jpg

The whole National Geographic, Discovery Channel, History Channel group has gone WAYYYY downhill in the past 10 years. I miss regular old nature/science documentaries that you now only get on PBS Nature or Nova. You never see stuff like that on cable anymore. You get bs like those fake documentaries they play about mermaids or super smart killer sharks or ancient aliens, ugh....total trash.

I find Oasis is quite good for legitimate nature and science documentaries but I think you have to pay to subscribe or get it with a pretty expensive package at least
Plus getting high on acid and watching HD nature documentaries is the best shit

1.5 BILLION!!! Wonder how connected you have to be to place an order like that...

$156 million drug-filled lemonade bust

AUSTRALIAN authorities have seized thousands of meth-filled lemonade bottles, worth $156 million, while busting a drug syndicate and arresting six men.

AUSTRALIAN Federal Police (AFP) say the Columbian-Australian drug operation used 20,000 bottles of fizzy drink brand Splash Drinks to hide 230kg of methylamphetamine.

The syndicate also hid cocaine in tonnes of fresh flowers in an alleged attempt to smuggle the drugs into Sydney.

The bust was the result of an eight-month investigation under Strike Force Polaris involving the AFP and Australian Customs and Border Protection Service.

Five Australian men and a Colombian national living here were arrested and faced court in Sydney on Wednesday.
AFP Superintendent Mick Calatzis said the arrests were significant.

"We have cut the head of the snake, these are the key individuals involved in this investigation," he said on Thursday.
In total, nearly half a tonne of drugs were seized - more than 250kg of cocaine and 230kg of liquid methylamphetamine, the AFP said on Thursday.

905000-f4d562b6-c2c3-11e4-a0d8-62fd782d4449.jpg

903332-c74b5278-c2c4-11e4-a0d8-62fd782d4449.jpg

Source: http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/ne...e-500kg-of-drugs/story-fnjbnvyg-1227248694125
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/police-seize-drugs-smuggled-in-bottled-water-by-colombian-drug-cartel/story-fni0cx12-1227248711189

Last edited by a moderator:
Six men have been charged and 230 kilograms of liquid methylamphetamine and in excess of 250 kilograms of cocaine seized in two countries as part of a major joint-agency investigation into an international organised crime syndicate.

The arrests are a result of a Polaris Joint Waterfront Taskforce (JWT) investigation involving the Australian Federal Police (AFP), the New South Wales Police Force (NSWPF), Australian Customs and Border Protection Service (ACBPS) and Australian Crime Commission, with close cooperation from law enforcement counterparts in South America.

The operation began in May 2014 when information was received about a person of interest arriving in Australia suspected of facilitating the importation of border controlled drugs.

Following further investigation, on 21 December 2014, the Polaris JWT seized a consignment of 20,000 bottles of flavoured water destined for a Sydney warehouse.

An AFP forensics examination of this consignment identified 230 kilograms of liquid methylamphetamine concealed within the bottles. The street value for this amount is approximately $156 million.

On 21 January 2015, law enforcement authorities in Bogota, identified and seized a further 243 kilograms of cocaine related to this syndicate destined for the European market. The cocaine was concealed within cardboard boxes containing flowers.

The Australian joint taskforce continued to monitor the criminal syndicate and observed alleged preparations for further importations of border controlled drugs from Colombia to Australia.

On Saturday, 28 February 2015, Colombian National Police conducted an examination of approximately two tonnes of fresh flowers consigned to Sydney. During this examination, approximately 10kg of cocaine was located, worth approximately $3.6 million.

On Tuesday, 3 March 2015, Polaris JWT investigators conducted 11 search warrants across Sydney. Subsequently, five Australian men and one Spanish/Colombian national were arrested for their alleged involvement with this syndicate.

Commander of the Polaris JWT, NSWPF Detective Superintendent Nick Bingham said authorities actively targeted and disrupted syndicates involved in crime on Australia’s borders and combated drug trafficking in source countries.

“The fight against serious and organised crime is one that needs to be conducted globally,” Detective Superintendent Bingham said.

“Australian law enforcement, state, federal and international partner agencies cooperate across borders and jurisdictions. We are committed to shutting down these organised criminal networks and stopping the importation of drugs and other illicit commodities in their source countries.”

The men have been charged with:

Importation of a commercial quantity of a border controlled drug;
Attempting to possess a commercial quantity of a border controlled drug; and
Conspiracy to import a commercial quantity of border controlled drugs.

These charges could attract a possible penalty of life imprisonment.

The men appeared at Central Local Court yesterday and are scheduled to reappear at Downing Centre Local Court on 13 May 2015.

Investigations into the criminal syndicate continue and further arrests are expected.

http://www.afp.gov.au/media-centre/news/afp/2015/march/media release

On Saturday, 28 February 2015, Colombian National Police conducted an examination of approximately two tonnes of fresh flowers consigned to Sydney. During this examination, approximately 10kg of cocaine was located, worth approximately $3.6 million.

3,600,000 AUD/10,000 grams = 360 AUD/gram

1 AUD = 0.7765 USD => 1.2878 USD = 1 AUD

(360 AUD/gram) * (1.2878 USD/AUD) = 463.6 USD/gram

in Australia cocaine costs 464 USD/gram? no way.

It's around 300 bucks a gram for the end user here I think.

Same with weed though when they do these things they do them at the most expensive amount per gram to make them look like a huge amount.

wow. thats quite elaborate.

it seems the afp are targetting mass quantities of food importation in their more recent busts.

...kytnism...:|

People don't really abuse coke much here. Ice is the bigger problem and that goes for $300 - $350 a gram for the end user.

The wages here aren't too bad here although our living expenses are high if you're living around the cities.

You will find that people who do coke here do it on more of an occasional thing, like once a week or once a month or a year.

The doc here seems to be meth, weed and xtc however I'd say booze is the main one and the worse one.

Yeah, and even booze is really expensive here. Unless you like cask wine or something.

You can't beat goon polediver lol. On another note you can convert cheap wine into expensive wine through putting it in a blender for 30 seconds as it aerates it. Unfortunately most bogans who drink cask wine don't know the difference between a quality wine and a shit wine lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.