• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

⫸STICKY⫷ More drug busts (2000-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only care about the quality of the drugs, not what color they are. I heard horror stories of people adding reflective road paint to pills to give it some shiny specks. Blue dye because its on some tv show is idiotic.

I care what colour they are, I'd always go for the blue stuff, cos it's the bomb. Jokes. Seriously tho back in the early 90's we used to see alot more plain white and beige pills with no stamps/logos or names, that's why I was wondering if colouring may become a popular thing for branding with shards at some point.

I heard horror stories of people adding reflective road paint to pills to give it some shiny specks. Blue dye because its on some tv show is idiotic.

For the amount of coloured pills on the market, I dont think colouring is much of an issue really. It's just food colouring usually isnt it?

Shit I didn't even notice lol, must be all that call of duty(theres a gun called an SVU-AS). L&O SVU? Law and Order: Sexy Vietnamese Unit? Sounds good but I wouldn't say I'm a fan.

Lol yussss I wasn't far off. SVU vs SUV was due to a gun in COD.

I am a huge Counter Strike 1.6 fan.

Lol yussss I wasn't far off. SVU vs SUV was due to a gun in COD.

I am a huge Counter Strike 1.6 fan.

Never really got into Counter Strike, may download CS:GO when I have some extra cash and see if its something I can get into now, from what I've seen it looks good.

Also, why are you saying it looks like jolly ranchers(I know that other story) but it looks like Play-Doh to me, whatever it is the guy probably just wanted to surprise some kids for Halloween, shame really.
NSFW:

230cff68-4f5a-4cde-9b41-339bd8e9e351_Breaking-Bad-high-res.jpg

Australia seizes $190m of drugs stashed in tyres

Australian officials say they have seized more than 200kg (441lbs) of the drug methamphetamine, hidden in the tyres of a truck.

Three men were arrested in Melbourne over the drugs, also known as meth or ice, worth an estimated A$200m ($190m, £118m).

This is the latest in a series of drug busts conducted by Australian officials.

Last month, officials made a record seizure of the drug ephedrine.

A joint task-force in the cities of Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne conducted the operation, according to a statement from the Australian Federal Police.

The shipment containing the medium-sized truck arrived in Melbourne from China on 1 October, local reports say.

Graham Krisohos, an official from the Australian Customs and Border Protection Service, said there was nothing unusual about the truck, but the concealed drugs showed up on X-ray.

Two of the three men arrested were dock workers.

Last month, Australian officials said they made one of the largest seizures of the drug ephedrine, hidden in a shipment from India to Melbourne.

A joint agency task force seized A$200m worth of the drug, which is used to make crystal methamphetamine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24472110

Daaamn 441lbs...i wonder how pure it was. Im surprised how big ice is in au. I guess any synth drug is going to be popular since things like coke and dope have to travel a ways to get there.

there must be something im missing here, because unless this was a monster truck, or they were carrying tires as cargo, theres no way theyre going to fit anywhere near that amount of shit in 4 average sized truck tires.

lol "tyres" is that really how aussies spell?

^ LOL It is really how the rest of the English speaking world spells... It is hilarious to me that the US is so arrogant they think that the English have got the English language wrong.

'medicine cabinet' methamphetamine is hugely popular here, to the point I would say it is the most commonly used recreational drug behind cannabis. I have read that 'ecstasy'/supposed MDMA is still the second most used illicit drug but I have a hard time believing this, plus with how shit pills are these days there is probably almost as much chance punters are taking meth as MDMA, plus god knows what else.

I would say at this point in time this country is going through a bit of a meth epidemic, or at least the part I live in is, it seems like every second person is developing or recovering from a serious problem with ice. You wouldn't believe what people pay for the garbage over here, costs so much money it is obscene, some people are getting INCREDIBLY rich behind it you would have to imagine. I hardly know a single person that doesn't smoke it, at least on occasion.

Coke does travel a long way to get here, and is expensive as fuck and cut to shit. Heroin on the other hand, we are pretty damn close to the Golden Triangle really, although heroin here is still expensive compared to most of the rest of the world it is cheaper than cocaine or methamphetamine. It is certainly true that if one were to buy the smallest retail quantities of heroin available then it would probably be like 3 or 4 times the cost of ECP in the US but if you are buying grams or a bit more (which anyone with brains or a decent habit to maintain would do) it is probably only double the cost, maybe a bit less. I admit the purity isn't quite there either though.

I don't fully understand why drugs are priced the way that they are in this country, I've heard it is because our customs is super strict and effective, I've heard it is because by world standards we earn quite a lot of money, while these are no doubt factors it doesn't really follow to me that they would drive the price as high as it is. Personally I believe that a long time ago those who imported drugs here realised that Aussies like to party really hard and earned decent coin, so they essentially ripped us off by overpricing drugs from the outset, we got used to it and now it is just the norm. It is never going to change because the users will always consider it normal and the dealers will never opt for a lower profit margin.

Last edited:
It really annoys me that this even news anymore; for every gram they bust, there's a fucking ocean of the shit making it through. These headlines are nothing more desperate attempts of the various drug agencies to justify their salaries. If people actually knew how easy it is to get drugs, and how much of it there really is, they wouldn't be impressed by the glorified propaganda stunts of these big drug busts; they'd pity whoever had the half-baked notion it's possible to stop the drug trade.

where i live a lot of ppl kinda have an accent, and some words sound funny when pronounced, tires is a word that sounds funny bc ppl will make it sound like tyers. Anyways, fitting that much twack into tires that size is impressive. That shit must have been super dense. Also, i know the golden triangle still makes heroin, but i thought the production was super low these days. Ive always heard their dope is super quality tho whack it down a few times and you could make it shitty.

Should also point out that a truck can have 18 wheels as opposed to 4 which explains why it was easier to fit in the large quantity than some people might assume. That photo posted by foolsgold clearly shows there were more than 4 tyres.

50kg MDMA + Coke, Weed Seized [UK]

Three men have been arrested after police seized 200kg of cannabis, cocaine and ecstasy pills with an estimated street value of up to £30m.

West Midlands Police said the haul was one of the biggest it had ever found.

The drugs were found during a raid at a warehouse on the Maybrook industrial estate in Brownhills on Wednesday.

120kg of Herbal Cannabis
50kg MDMA
5kg Cocaine

(Dont ask how that makes 200kg)

_71470550_drugs1.png

(Weed + MDMA Vacuum Packed)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-25183855

ecstasy pills are notoriously not always MDMA

Thanks for the helpfull information, but they seized 50kgs of MDMA. (I also stuck a little UK in there just to help out, I guess it might have been big news in the US.)

Status
Not open for further replies.