• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

"Molly" turning orange with marquise

I don't get everyone's hate for amphetamines. Sure, it's not MDMA and you should find a better source, but that doesn't mean you can't just have fun with what you've got.

Because who knows what it really is? It may not be amphetamine at all. I think that's the whole point.

Because who knows what it really is? It may not be amphetamine at all. I think that's the whole point.

Wait, what? By that logic you're saying that you can't trust the test kit? If it's orange it's amphetamine. If you question that then you should question every test result including solid MDMA results.

Wait, what? By that logic you're saying that you can't trust the test kit? If it's orange it's amphetamine. If you question that then you should question every test result including solid MDMA results.

There are other substances that test orange, not just amphetamine. And amphetamine isn't even just orange... its orange-brown.

And I *DON'T* trust just marquis anyway, I wouldn't take anything unless it was tested with marquis, mecke, and mandelin for that very reason.

Not one time have I ever told someone to get marquis, I tell them to get a full test kit. Marquis is not anywhere near accurate enough even for MDMA. Its better than nothing but that's about it.

Last edited:
There are other substances that test orange, not just amphetamine. And amphetamine isn't even just orange... its orange-brown.

There's also other substances which turn similar colours to MDMA (notably DXM). If it's gone orange you can at least tell it's one of a few amphetamines, just like can you conclude with relative safety that a dark purple/black reaction is one of the MDxx drugs.

Sure, it's not perfect nor 100%, but if everyone is willing to take a substance that tests as dark purple to be MDMA, then I see no difference in accepting that an orange reaction would be an amphetamine.

There's also other substances which turn similar colours to MDMA (notably DXM). If it's gone orange you can at least tell it's one of a few amphetamines, just like can you conclude with relative safety that a dark purple/black reaction is one of the MDxx drugs.

Sure, it's not perfect nor 100%, but if everyone is willing to take a substance that tests as dark purple to be MDMA, then I see no difference in accepting that an orange reaction would be an amphetamine.

Again, I take issue with just using marquis period for that very reason.

I would not be trusting something that I bought expecting MDMA that tested as amphetamine to actually be anything good. If its already tested as something other than MDMA, there's a damn good chance that its not pure speed either.

If it's gone orange you can at least tell it's one of a few amphetamines

not necessarily. the "default colour" for the reaction of something with a benzene ring with marquis reagent is sort of orange-brown. many otc drugs should give a similar result. the colour of the reaction with mdma is much more specific.

If its already tested as something other than MDMA, there's a damn good chance that its not pure speed either.

Tis a fair point. But a test kit can never test for purity anyway, you're taking that exact same risk with any MDMA reaction.

the "default colour" for the reaction of something with a benzene ring with marquis reagent is sort of orange-brown. many otc drugs should give a similar result. the colour of the reaction with mdma is much more specific.

I agree with you, but I still feel it's somewhat analogous, but MDMA is definitely more specific. If it was me, I'd examine the reaction carefully and then use the chart on here to try and pinpoint it down to a few potential substances. From there, I'd consider taking it based on what I thought it was. If I was pretty certain it was an amphetamine I'd go for it because I like them.

In the end it is up to the person what they feel comfortable with. The list of substances that can turn orange are not something I'm personally comfortable with while the substances that react like MDMA, I'm pretty okay with although DXM would be a disappointment and I wouldn't be happy if, say, 5-MAPB ended up in there because of the dose being less than half what I would take with the assumption it is MDMA.

It just seems kind of backwards in a harm reduction forum to tell someone who bought something expecting MDMA, tested it and found it not to be MDMA, that it would probably be okay to ingest anyway since it has a reaction similar to a drug the OP wasn't seeking.

Well it faded from orange to brown within like a couple minutes time, is amphetamine the only chemical you've seen do that?

Flush that fuckin garbage down the toilet and never buy from that shit fuck dealer again.