• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Recruitment [Moderatorship Application Thread] Can you pass the Kool-Aid please? (I mean: ..test)

Solipsis

Bluelight Crew
It has come time once again to induct a new moderator into the ranks. Any Major Dude has decided it's time to take that final trip off into the sunset so we're looking for a good man (or woman) to step up and guide the trippers of tomorrow.

We are looking for somebody who is dedicated to psychedelic-harm-reduction, is knowledgeable on the various aspects of the subject matter, is willing to spend quite a bit of time online (preferably at least once a day checking through the forum, although of course "leave of absence" applies), enjoys dispensing advice %) and basically wants to do it. There is no need for omnipotence; ie. there is no expectation that the moderator has to have consumed every drug out there and know everything, but what is expected is a compassionate, enthusiastic and empathetic response to matters and a desire to spend time doing sometimes thankless tasks.

As a forum, PD is filled with Nice Happy Folk and so there isn't much in the way of controlling the forums flow; we (the mods) more sort threads out into specific categories, merge in random topics, shut, open, erase etc. Sometimes a bit tedious, but rewarding as you will be helping to build a stronger community of knowledgeable people and counteracting some of the harm introduced by governments of the worlds current inability to change their stance on drugs.

We'd also love individuals who will bring new ideas and help guide the direction of the forum to progress it forward.

Please apply only via PM making sure you send a copy to: Xorkoth, Solipsis, Atara, JesusGreen and Transform

In your application please include:

• Why are you interested in the position
  • Why you are qualified for the position
  • What relevant education, knowledge and experience you have
  • How often you'll be able to dedicate to the role and when you are available (timezone etc.)
  • Any other relevant information

New perks are: The ability to mold space and time, starving trolls, A cloak of invisibility (although unfortunately it is made from trashbags - by the way before I forget: do NOT use the cloak, we want our mods to actually be present), Of course a modstick... which for some reason ejaculates ectoplasm if you use it a whole lot, furthermore a type of telepathy causing other BLers to have unusual ideas about you and what you can do, a certificate of authenticity which applies to your identity and occasional flashbacks of heavy petting a very questionably appearing photo model with an undisputable personality.

Please Apply!

*with thanks to Cane2theleft*

Greatest application thread ever. :D The only thing I have to add to this is the sexy parties. Lots of sexy parties. Stewie-style.

Time for new blood, eh? Plenty of qualifed and caring PDers out there. Step and apply folks.

New perks are:...

I'll keep my utility belt and jetpack, thank you very much.

And I still want to know where I stood on the strictness vs laxity scale.

Last edited:
Access to the PD laboratory is also included, though the glassware is a little sparse and the bunsen burner is stuck on safety flame. Which is ironic considering that the hose to the bunsen has a hole in it and makes the whole setup decidedly unsafe.

did you find anyone yet? I just lost my IRL job so might have some time on my hands... ;)

Give us an application then. :) Still taking them people...

No but we do regularly take urine tests, please submit your sample via fax.

Also I just checked, the background is lavender blue.

No but we do regularly take urine tests, please submit your sample via fax.

Also I just checked, the background is lavender blue.
Damnit....just read the fax instructions and it clearly says "LSD or feces only!". I bet Walmart has a urine extension though! How mandatory is it to fail all panels? IDK if I can manage a one hundred percent fail rate! Too much pressure!

Will the prospective applicant receive a moderator's sash to indicate their fancy-pants title? :p

Will the prospective applicant receive a moderator's sash to indicate their fancy-pants title? :p

Moderators are expected to supply their own 'stache
smiley_moustache.gif

Can't grow facial hair for shit.

If anyone needs me, I'll be sobbing in the corner.

I just want to see a homemade beard constructed from finely grated pencils, crayons and moustaches personally.

Maybe a cast-iron platypus also.