• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Recruitment [Moderatorship Application Thread] Can you pass the Kool-Aid please? (I mean: ..test)

Yes the PD office is truly bustling, we didn't mention but the vacant desk is situated in the "water closet" due to space constraints.

Personality and dedication are our key attributes I'd say, these are prioritised over age, post count, drug knowledge and number of baked beans eaten in a single sitting. I see a few people in this thread I'd like to have seen applications from so please don't be afraid to apply next time :)

I'd go so far as to say that "drug geek" knowledge about psychedelics is almost completely irrelevant to being a good PD mod. Having knowledgeable people posting good answers in threads with that bold 'Moderator' tag adding some weight and authority to the post is nice and all, but you don't need a modstick to go around answering questions and sharing knowledge. 99% of moderating any forum is just a matter of putting the time in to move/merge threads as needed, follow up on reported posts to enforce the forum rules, pruning old stickied and social threads and setting up new ones, etc. Like Transform said, personality and dedication are what really counts - you need to be someone the mod team trusts to enforce the rules fairly and judiciously, not to be an abrasive asshole who will create friction between the mods and the rest of the community, and to be willing to do your fair share of the grunt work.

It seems the mod team is in deep deliberation on this one! I thought I saw a smoke signal, Vatican-style, but it turns out it was just a blunt.

So unstickied..

thanks again all applicants, don't be discouraged to enter next round <3

thanks again all applicants, don't be discouraged to enter next round <3

Quoted for emphasis, we had some great applications and I'd like to see this quality of applicants every time we have a vacancy.

Trozzle if there is truth behind that comment, in that you will be applying next time, then I will be quite pleased :)

Comment was tongue in cheek (as far as starting on it NOW, lol), but when the time comes.... :)