• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Modafinil and Suvorexant (Orexin Interactions)

nealcassady

Bluelighter
I have trouble sleeping after taking modafinil and remembered that I was given samples of suvorexant a while ago. It seems like the Belsomra (suvorexant) would be able to help my brain reverse any lingering orexin stimulation from the Provigil earlier in the day. Any contraindications in this situation? Thinking along the lines of increased/decreased heart rate, up/down blood pressure, etc.

Time the dose better. Eat and hydrate.

If all else fails, try Klonopin or Sonata.

I’m on the same meds, the belsomra does help me but I don’t know how they interact with each other, but once I accidentally took a provigil right before bed, and went “ohh moo,” but I took the belsomra and fell asleep. Hope you find a balance.

Xanax can work for your insomnia. 1mg of that shit makes me sleep even though I just had 3 cups of coffee. Powerful stuff.

I use Modafinil semi regularly as I suffer from 3 different sleeping disorders which cause me mega fatigue, I also work 12hr night shift.

Best advice: take as soon as you wake up. Eat like normal and stay hydrated. Plan which days you need it for; e.g. I use it when I need to go on long drives.