• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

mmmm cheese....how good is cheese (The Australian Cheese Appreciation Thread!)

mmm yeah new years eve on the 31st summadayze on the 1st, pop popavichs bday on the 2nd.
gonna be uber messy.

How fucking good is cheese?!

I've recently upgraded from Parmesan to Romano on all my pasta like meals. Fucking great stuff :D

And blue cheese! I'm so addicted. It starts getting extra awesome about a week after the use by date :D

You know what else is good about cheese?! The Annual BL Wine and Cheese Picnic that is held on the 3rd of January!

See you all there next year ;)

I am in love with camenbert cheese and am pretty much buying one every week. I love trying all the different ones to search for the best one. Which is your favorite? I like it real gooey =D

awww yay good ole cheesey is back. My best ever contribution to BL.

I've been running a bit of a cheese drought for a while. My cheese consumption has been limited to a bit of chicken camembert. Its become my stock standard dish of lately - Chicken breast filled stuffed with camembert. Tis great served with seasonal vegetables of course.

Last edited:
attack of the munchies

^^ Yummo.

I must confess.
Last night I found the camembert cheese that had been sitting in the back of the fridge for a couple of weeks, I needed to eat it. All I had was BBQ chips.

Put two and 2 twogether.

Wow, what a timely bump. I've just consumed half a packet of ritz with a very decent gouda. Cheese here in japan is very expensive (like most food that isnt fish or rice!), but i'm not letting that stop me!

Indeed, the annual (oh yes.. it shall be so!) Bluelight Cheese & Wine Picnic is a truly glorious event - great to see you keeping the dream alive. This years was sooo damn good (remember the mango - grant you were practically performing cunnilingus on it! OH, and the dessert wine! Drools)

I'm afraid I wont be in the country for the next one, but i will definitely save up and put aside a stash of super-good cheese for the 3rd Jan so i can take part in absentia. Have fun kiddies! ;)

PS The best kind of camambert is the stuff you find in a neglected corner of the fridge 3-4 weeks after you SHOULD have eaten it. Savour its slightly off-putting stinkiness.

beech said:
awww yay good ole cheesey is back. My best ever contribution to BL.

I've been running a bit of a cheese drought for a while. My cheese consumption has been limited to a bit of chicken camembert. Its become my stock standard dish of lately - Chicken breast filled stuffed with camembert. Tis great served with seasonal vegetables of course.

Plus a layer of cranberry sauce/jelly/jam stuff inside as well. So so good.

We've recently switched our everyday cheese from tasty to Colby and I'm never going back. Colby is the everyday cheese of the gods.

^ What brand? I go the Devondale mild as everyday cheese, I've been considering trying others tho

Cheese is the shit. For a good while I've been eating light cheeses as everyday cheese, but last night i made a toasted cheese sanga at my mates with full fat colby something or other. Good GOD. It was so smooth and creamy i almost creamed my jeans.
And has anyone had havarti? GO GET SOME! It reminds me of an adult Babybel cheese. It's 60% fat so you know it's good.

havartisc3.jpg

Try to get the one that looks like this, only the packaging is red, not clear. If you like cheese you will NOT be sorry :D

This is a public service announcement:

Low fat cheese is Ghey with a capital McWigga. Srsly, its complete crap, don't do it to yourself. You deserve better than that.

If you really are that concerned about your weight, don't eat cheese at all!

Thank you for your time :)

trying to think of the name of the cheese you basically just fry in a pan and eat pallomi or something like that? I haven't had it yet but my mates swear by it. Sounds pretty sick but I'm sure it would be good.

beech said:
trying to think of the name of the cheese you basically just fry in a pan and eat pallomi or something like that? I haven't had it yet but my mates swear by it. Sounds pretty sick but I'm sure it would be good.

Halloumi. That shit is the shit. They do a whole grilled halloumi breakfast up at a cafe near my apartment. Best sunday morning venue EVER. Rock on with the halloumi.

You should try beef and haloumi kebabs. Mmm Mmm. :)

NickyJ: Bega Vintage 25% less fat is scrumptious. Hardly tastes like low fat at all. That's what we use for everyday stuff - pizzas etc.

Cheese picnic ahoy! Bring it on. If I can be there that is... I may have to go back to work on Jan 2 :( And I work absolutely no-where near the Botanic Gardens.

Last weekend, i hooked into King Island Dairy Double Brie (fucking orgasmic) and spiced gouda (it's gouda with cummin seeds). Sooo good :D

Accompanying the brie was pears, dates and strawberries :D

YUM.

I think i'm one of the only people i know that doesn't like haloumi :\

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
Cheese picnic ahoy! Bring it on. If I can be there that is... I may have to go back to work on Jan 2 :( And I work absolutely no-where near the Botanic Gardens.

Don't give me that shit. Book your holidays now!