• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

News MLB's Lockout

Good, let’s get rid all of most other sports but I’m gonna list the sports that don’t nake my cut
1) all baseball
2) Nfl football
3) all soccer
4) all tennis
5) all golf
6) all bowling
7) all basketball
8) all badminton
9) all sports not listed above, with the exception of the 3 sports below]

a) Canadian football
b) all forms of curling except mixed doubles
c) Chess

I’d love to see Magnus Carlsen play in the Olympics (much chesper b/c only 3 sports.

Btw, the Canadian men’s curling championship is on, Has been for 4 days and we get 6 more days.

Tom

NFL Football (dog killer Michael Vick) is absolute bottom of the pile.

In my Olympic games, all performance enhancing drugs are permitted if so desired by the athelete.

I’m down with Canadian football and badminton being banned

And bowling is not a sport.. so it’s safe

Mike Vick is a scum, but that’s really old news

Sources: MLB, union reach tentative agreement on new CBA, salvage 162-game season​

Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association reached a tentative agreement on a new collective-bargaining agreement Thursday, ending the league's 99-day lockout of the players and salvaging a 162-game season, sources familiar with the situation told ESPN.

With the end of the second-longest work stoppage in the game's history, spring training camps will open Sunday, free-agent signings can begin Thursday night, and baseball will attempt to return to some semblance of normalcy after months of fraught negotiations.

The deal materialized after talks ratcheted up this week, when the league made a proposal that bridged the significant gap in the competitive-balance tax, a key issue in the end stages of talks. A dispute over an international draft threatened negotiations and caused the league to "remove from the schedule" another two series Wednesday, but those issues were resolved Thursday morning and the league delivered a full proposal to the union, which it voted to accept.

PLAY BALL!

baseball sucks now too - they don't even throw complete games anymore - they brought the DH into the NL? that's fuckn sacrilegious

Haven't checked in on the Reds in a while. Turns out they still suck and are ranked #27 in the preseason polls. Good to see things haven't changed!

The Braves not resigning Freddie Freeman does not sit with me well, but there's perhaps some solace that it's the Dodgers of all the other teams.

just threw on the brewers cap yesterday.. going to hit quite a few games this year. Why do so many hot women like baseball

warm weather and they understand the game

but hot chicks dig hockey too - go to the minor league games for the younger girls at a discount

:hehe:
4 sure.. I know I played full contact until
I was 27. A little HS glory.. made varsity as a freshman 2nd line RW on a top 30 nationally ranked US squad and made 2nd team all state that year leading the league in assists. Major team. The other freshman that made it was drafted by the ducks out of highschool, but he was a defenseman. That program ended up loosing a ton of people to the juniors up in Canada my senior year and I then ducked off to free ski in Colorado etc. I learned both how to ski and skate before I can remember.. true. It’s weird I never watch hockey.

Brewers picked up a pretty money DH..

Last edited: