AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Baseball MLB.. Race into the post season 2019

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
mddoz1iv5evrtnxjhwom.jpg

Real interesting scenario.. Brew Crew is 11 of the last 13 after losing tonight. Tied for wild card depending on Cubs finish tonight. But Cubs play 7 of last 10 against the Cardinals. How the fuck is that going.. can't be bad for the Brewers right?

Last edited:
Crew wins today.. Cubs Cardinals still to play tonight.. Picking up a game on one of them.

I didn't grow up with an interest in baseball because we really didn't have any representation in the MLB where I lived. I had an Atlanta Braves shirt, had my picture taken with it on at school one year.

I always watch the World Series though, and last couple of years I've watched the NLCS and ALCS.

I'm a working age man.. so I get down to Miller park a few times a year (was down their for Grateful Dead night this year) and listen to far more games then I watch. But I usually get into it this time of year. My father is retired so he gets to follow the whole season and we can enjoy games together. Crew is looking pretty good and look like they should make the playoffs.

Cubs went down again.. crew is just getting started tonight. every time the Brewers win they gain a game on one of those two.

I'm so happy to see other baseball fans here. We are a dying breed. I haven't followed as much this year, especially the national league bit I was a Cubs fan as a kid because we didn't have a Florida team at that time and the Cubs only played day games on WGN so they were always on when I got home from school.

I have been a Rays fan for years and we are in a similar situation with the A's and Indians for the wild card. All teams are a couple of games apart. We keep winning but so do A's. We are actually tied with the Indians.

My dad is also retired and watches every game. We are losing to Boston 2-0 in the bottom of the seventh and we have the bases loaded with 1 out.

I would route for the Brewers. My favorite baseball gear is throw back Brewers stuff from the early 80's. I love the yellow and blues with the glove and ball. It's so iconic.

I understand that.. when I was a kid, young.. I actually listened to every game when the brew made that run.. Yount, Moliter, Finger's, Deer.. I used to have a AA bat powered antenna radio and would hide it under my pillow to listened to a much younger Ueker call that season. I picked up a yellow blue amazing meshy, almost just like your talking, this year when I was down there.. so cool. I love tonight they were talking about Miller park having the 10th best attendance but being the smallest franchise and we need all the good people we can gather for this one!!

I remember the WGN Cubs games post school.. it was similar but much different to the cowboys tv dynasty. When our son was born we made a deal.. Packers fan if he was a Cubs fan.. Old girl is a big Cubs fan,, she likes the pack though.. He still has been to more Brewers games.. Ill cheat you know.

Last edited:
Braun grand slams again.. 2.5 back.. might be 1.5 back after tonight.

Congrats man... Go Brew Crew!!

The Ray's are killing it in September.
Swept the Indians
Swept Orioles
Swept 4 from Blue Jay's
Then we got 1/3 from Rangers
Bounced back 2/3 from Angels
2/3 from Boston
and we just 2/2 swept Yankees
We're on ? and just got back 2 of our best pitchers who have been out since the beginning of the season.

17-4 in September and tied with A's for the top wild card spot... What... What!!

I'll hit a game with you anyday mal <3

look at the Rays,, fk yeah.. off we go kids!!

Here we go Cubbies here we go!!

Last edited:
Ray's have walked off in 3 of the last 6 games. If they win tonight and Indians lose, we clinch a wild card spot.

The shit about PS Baseball is every pitch. Sure this can be said of the regular season, but its not the same. Post season is a HOLY different spectacle .. no one gets a second off.. not that we as fans would want one.. probably pray for one.. every pitch.

Wild Card games are nuts.. one and done.. after all that. Quite the run by the crew end of season.

You can always come and route for my Rays. We won our wild card and after losing the first two games it looks like we are about to tie the series up with the World Champion Astros. The Rays are a fun team to route for because we are the consummate underdog team. We came in last place every year of our existence until we went from worst to first and the world series in 2008 after beating the Redsox. Since then we have made it 2010, 2011, 2013 and this year. We always do it with home grown players. This year we had the lowest payroll and we are playing the team with the highest payroll. A virtual David vs. Goliath..... We had to win 96 games this year and we weren,t even the top wild card team.

Wild Card games are nuts.. one and done.. after all that. Quite the run by the crew end of season.
Time to get rid of Hader :sleep:

You can always come and route for my Rays. We won our wild card and after losing the first two games it looks like we are about to tie the series up with the World Champion Astros. The Rays are a fun team to route for because we are the consummate underdog team. We came in last place every year of our existence until we went from worst to first and the world series in 2008 after beating the Redsox. Since then we have made it 2010, 2011, 2013 and this year. We always do it with home grown players. This year we had the lowest payroll and we are playing the team with the highest payroll. A virtual David vs. Goliath..... We had to win 96 games this year and we weren,t even the top wild card team.
Fuck it, I'll root for the Rays! I always loved Florida. Plus I'll take anybody in the AL over the Yankees lol