Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mixing Tramadol and Codeine - Thoughts?

leigh12

Bluelighter
how long b4/after do u have the tramadol ?

only once i got the combo to work properly

fuck it was good

I take the tramadol about 1 and a half hours before downing my codeine. I crush the tramadols so they hit quicker because otherwise they take a good while to kick in. If I can wait longer to get high then I will dose a small dose like 50mg about 45 minutes before I take the rest and drink my CWE around an hour after my second dose. The reason for this is that I have read having tramadol in the system increases the bioavailability of tramadol, I can't really comment on its effectiveness because of tolerance and whatnot its hard to tell if thats what effected my high or just tolerance and/or stomach contents.

I wait about 4 hours after I have eaten to start this combo which is why the last few times I havent bothered taking a small dose of tramadol and then waiting to take the rest. Otherwise I am just waiting to damn long to feel high. lol

It is an excellent combination assuming you react to the drugs the same way I do and don't have a tolerance to harder opiates.

ah okie dokie then , i got the 50mg capsules , so no need to crush true ? or no ?

and takin them b4 the codeine doesnt mess with the enzyme thingy ?

Leigh if the capsules are instant release then you should have no dramas but if they are controlled release you might want to open them up and crush the contents or something. I get the 100mg controlled release pills, I have had brand name and generic but never any other kind of tramadol.

I don't know about tramadol inhibiting the conversion of codeine but it certainly still works. I haven't really done a CWE and not taken tramadol since I mastered doing it as I have always got great effects from the combo. Last night I went a bit conservative on the tramadol and didn't really feel much until after I dosed my codeine and the high only lasted as long as codeine normally does, so since codeine definately works and the duration isn't extended much I can only assume that thae enzyme isn't effected.

You really couldn't take them after the codeine anyway, they take a good while to kick in and codeine has a relatively short duration, if you hit the sweet spot dosage wise though you end up with a really nice opiate feeling that lingers for a good long while.

yeh i usually just took em same time

iv got a cpl of the 50mg ir ones

ur 2 right bout the sweet spot lol maybe 20 times iv done them together and
only one time it worked properly

this is a little off topic but the second part isnt

drug mentor - have you really found crushing the SR tramadol turn them into IR? for the 3 years on prescribed tramadol i initially thought the same but it proved to be placebo after a while. it takes the same amount of time for the 50 IRs to take effect as a 200mg SR, for me. ive talked to a few other BLers about this and they have the exact same results. i used to crush up 800-1000mg of tramadol and it would take the same time as an untouched 200mg SR to take effect. ive tried this with about 4 different types of tramadol. i wont go on any more as this is the codeine thread.

leigh - i like to take the tramadol anywhere between an hour and a half to two hours before i take the codeine. otherwise wait until you start to feel the initial effects and it's good to go. tram and codeine is on par with a good oxy high in my opinion.

To be honest leftwing I have only taken them as whole pills once but it really did seem like it took longer to take effect than when I crush them. It also seemed like when it hit it was less intense than when crushed.

I usually wait between 3 and 4 hours after dinner before I take my first pills and because of different meal sizes dependant on what I am having the difference in effects could be entirely due to stomach contents as sometimes I do notice reduced effects even when crushing them.

Leigh while it can be a little bit hit and miss I think if you pre dose the tramadol you will hit the sweet spot more often than not, certainly more often than 1 in 20 times. I don't know that I would rate tramadol and codeine on par with a good oxycodone buzz but for an el cheapo weak opiate buzz it is nothing to thumb your nose at.

cool, thats interesting to know dm. tramadol is one of the rare pills i can have shortly after food and still get high. mixed with codeine reminds me of oxy probably because of the speed like effects tram can produce and oxy's speediness, for lack of better word at the moment. the doses of tramadol i take can get pretty astronomical as well:\

I notice the sort of speedy effects if I get up and move but then equally find it relaxing if I am just chilling. I find adding codeine adds to the sedation and gives a typical opiate "stoned" sort of feeling. That is the high I am after as I use it as one of my late night/early morning chill out combo's.

I understand DHC is more stimulating than codeine although I haven't tried it yet personally. DHC might suit you better to combine with tramadol if you are after speedy effects.

I take pretty conservative doses of tramadol as I have limited amounts to work with and I suppose its more of a potentiator for codeine than the other way around.

eh, i didnt word that properly in my last post. the codeine/tram combo is similar and reminiscent of an oxy high to me because of the speedy type effects from the tramadol coupled with the sedation of the codeine. codeine + fentanyl = extreme sedation and histamine release and nodding all over the place;):D

I imagine fentanyl would be quite a high on its own, let alone combined with codeine.

I find valium with tramadol and codeine also is a great potentiatior. I also use doxylamine succinate which I take with my tramadol and then dose some promethazine about 1.5 hours after taking my codeine.

I really am starting to question how much these antihistamines are actually increasing my high, the promethazine does seem to make the warm fuzzies linger a while after codeine has peaked but it could just be the long duration of tramadol. I am not sure that the 50mg of doxylamine is doing anything anymore but I don't want to skip taking it and be proven wrong. lol

they (antihistamines) do make a noticable difference for me

i notice it alot wen i leave them out of the mix

aint tried doxy yet tho , am yet to give it a whirl

What antihistamines do you usually take and on what timescale relative to the codeine? I am yet to try diphenhydramine, and that seems to be a favourite in opiate potentiation threads.

usually have 1 n a half 25mg prometh 10 mins after the codeine kicks in

quick question too bro

since they say only 4-5oo mg get converted at a time
how come people stil can get the good effects by uppin the dose wen tolerance kicks in ??

does the liver stil only convert the first 400mg then thats it or?

Last edited:
I don't know much about the ceiling effect and if thats the case. I don't typically dose 400-500mgs yet so I have never done more to see if it had more effect.

I think the most likely scenario has to do with there being greater losses than we actually think. Which would mean you would be doing an extraction quite a bit larger than 400-500mg worth of pills to actually be getting that dose in your end solution.

I have wondered myself about taking tagamet or grapefruit juice which slow down the metabolism of codeine and then taking a mega dose like 1000mg. Since the codeine metabolism is slowed down would that mean that it just feels like 400-500mg but lasts twice as long?

It definately would make for an interesting experiment that I will probably undertake one day when I have a higher tolerance and run out of tramadol.

iv tried the gfj once or twice with normal dose (480 for me), didnt notice any difference really

just makin a 720mg one now , had tramadol bout 45 mins ago

i think your right about more losses than thought

the first time it ever worked on me , i just had one sip of my cousins cwe of 30mg generics , 300mg all up

honestly felt like 20mg of oxy or sum shit , hit me sooooooooo hard , was quite surprising

Nice! Hopefully you hit the sweet spot with that combo.

GFJ is not exactly a science when you think about it, the contents can vary with the different types and probably different batches and I think you are supposed to drink quite a lot. There are a few things you can take to inhibit the enzyme which would probably work a lot more consistently than GFJ.

I was advised that promethazine competes with codeine for metabolism so I always wait about 1.5 hours after I drink my CWE to take promethazine. I might try taking it 10 or 20 minutes after my codeine takes hold next time. I usually take only 30mg of promethazine but I have always dosed 50mg doxylamine succinate previously with my tramadol aswell.

fuck why cant sum mystery oxy source just pop its head up !!!!

literally gaggin just lookn at this cup of nastyness

Oxy is so expensive though, I wish I could grab some on the odd occasion but I would still be CWEing regularly.

I really don't have too much trouble downing the liquid, it isn't THAT bad. It is far from appealing but you just knock it back quickly and chase it with something better tasting.

I feel like opiates now, but I wont allow myself any until atleast sunday.

yeh lol im out of tasty chasers , just got real weak orange cordial wich dont help at all

i duno if its the tramadol combo or the mass extraction

but IM FUCKED lol

got the boys comin round for a shroomparty in n hour too lol

u from melb yeh DM??

Last edited: