• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mixing Tramadol and Codeine - Thoughts?

^isn't IM tramadol a slow process in comparison to most other commonly used IM drugs? it has to to be injected in small increments over 5-10mins or something of the like? i remember reading something along those lines a few years back, though i may be wrong.

for your sake i hope you're using proper medical grade IM amps for the tramadol as well:)

it's still got to be metabolised in vivo so there's not going to be a rush associated either, just a quicker onset, yeah?

this is a little off topic but the second part isnt

drug mentor - have you really found crushing the sr tramadol turn them into ir? For the 3 years on prescribed tramadol i initially thought the same but it proved to be placebo after a while. It takes the same amount of time for the 50 irs to take effect as a 200mg sr, for me. Ive talked to a few other blers about this and they have the exact same results. I used to crush up 800-1000mg of tramadol and it would take the same time as an untouched 200mg sr to take effect. Ive tried this with about 4 different types of tramadol. I wont go on any more as this is the codeine thread.

Leigh - i like to take the tramadol anywhere between an hour and a half to two hours before i take the codeine. Otherwise wait until you start to feel the initial effects and it's good to go. tram and codeine is on par with a good oxy high in my opinion.

finally somebody that shares my opinion!!!!!!!

I don't think we needed another tram thread brought up for that. Some people love tramadol, some don't... the world keeps on turning.

Leigh if the capsules are instant release then you should have no dramas but if they are controlled release you might want to open them up and crush the contents or something. I get the 100mg controlled release pills, I have had brand name and generic but never any other kind of tramadol.

I don't know about tramadol inhibiting the conversion of codeine but it certainly still works. I haven't really done a CWE and not taken tramadol since I mastered doing it as I have always got great effects from the combo. Last night I went a bit conservative on the tramadol and didn't really feel much until after I dosed my codeine and the high only lasted as long as codeine normally does, so since codeine definately works and the duration isn't extended much I can only assume that thae enzyme isn't effected.

You really couldn't take them after the codeine anyway, they take a good while to kick in and codeine has a relatively short duration, if you hit the sweet spot dosage wise though you end up with a really nice opiate feeling that lingers for a good long while.

What would you recommedn dosage-wise? I have a 30-40mg Oxy tolerance. I was thinking 5md diazepam, 150mg tram 30 minutes later and then 2 panadeine fortes an hour later for starters just to see how it goes.

IMO if you take 30-40mg of oxy I would be dosing atleast 300mg codeine. This should be a safe dose. I would take the diazepam and the tramadol at the same time atleast 45 minutes before you dose the CWE.

2 panadeine fortes will not do shit to someone with your opiate tolerance, you are combining drugs but it is far from a large dose of diazepam or tramadol.

I have found antacid is good for potentiating oral drugs and a standard measure or 3 of bourbon do well to add to the effect of codeine. You must be careful when drinking in conjunction with other downers though, in particular it may potentiate the diazepam a bit.

^ Per the alcohol, I usually find drinking one or two drinks 45 minutes to 30 minutes prior to dosing the codeine helps.

thinking about doing this combo tonight and want to hit this 'sweet spot', have been dosing 400mg tramadol lately, so planning on doing 250mg tramadol, wait an hour, dose 300mg codeine with 1mg xanax, sound about right?

100 mg SR and 100 mg IR (both Tramal SR 100, except the IR is chewed up) plus 150 mg of codeine phosphate, plus Xanax and Rivotril, both 2 mg, were just consumed.

I'm gonna give a report back to HQ when this dose, on top of 40 mg Omeprazole, kicks in...Should be about 30 minutes, no?

Great thread was looking for clearer answers about this combo and BL delivered as always. I took 400mg Tramadol about 6hours ago and I am going to do a CWE of codeine at 348mg during the next hour. I will also take one 10mg Promethazine and possibly a diazepam but that's probably not necessary as I already feel high n nodding of the tram. I have also been drinking today but I will stop/slow down on the drink soon. If anyone sees any risks in this please let know!

If anyone sees any risks in this please let know!

I took 400mg Tramadol about 6hours ago

Tramal has recently been reformulated in Australia so that the maximum dose at any one given time is now 300mg. Tramal has some serious seizure issues at doses of 300mg+

Oh shit! sorry I didn't even realise this is an Australian thread! I'm using the British stuff and pretty sure from the research iv done in the past the seizure threshold is 400+

So in that respect I should be fine, iv took the CWE now aswel and im feeling floaty and melty! very fuckin pleasant!

Tramal has recently been reformulated in Australia so that the maximum dose at any one given time is now 300mg. Tramal has some serious seizure issues at doses of 300mg+

I always thought it was doses over 400mg, I was recently prescribed it and the pharmacist said anything up to 400mg in a day was fine but not to go over that...

Maybe I am just lucky but I think Tramadol is really under rated, not fantastic on its own but I find it goes a fair way potentiating other opies. Used to love some trams before a CWE and rediscovering why, it's making the other opies in my possession go considerably further. It has really helped with recent pain issues.

Last edited:
Yesterday I had a 1000mg dose of Tramadol spared in 8 hours, with 1400mg SOMA, 20mg Clonazepam (or Klonopin), followed by 350mg Codeine, and another 350mg Codeine 3 hours after.
I have a terrible tolerance to all this meds so don't do this except you really know what you doing.
The point is that the Codeine potentiated the Tramadol to heavenly levels (Oxycodone like while cozy on bed) but it take a lot of hours for the Codeine to power up the Tramadol.

I always been afraid of this combo because of risky of seizures but all the Clonazepam seems to helped enough. BTW, this combo really depresses the CNS (and I mean, for real, not like any other minor advice) so I say again, don't do it unless you know what you're doing.

I would say the pleasure level was 9.5/10 while on bed, it disappeared quickly letting me yawning while finally waking up. The downside of this combo for me is how much takes for the Codeine to power up the Tramadol, which also takes a lot of time to get to O-Desmethyl-Tramadol.

dude, have a look at your doses. is it any wonder at all why you were out of it with that many CNS depressants combined at those doses.

Tramadol taken about 45 minutes before the Codeine, period. I once got a lucky box of trams and was at the Codeine peak of my career. Had lots of fun times. The best method for me was Tramadol @ 200mg, with Codeine 400mg 45 minutes after. I did not rememeber much the next day. Was great. Do not forget if your tolerance does not match this, YOU WILL DIE. So say no to drugs and poly drug use.