• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mixing opiates?

Hi.

Greenlighter
I have a 30mg codeine pill and a 5mg oxycodone pill and I'm wondering if maybe I combine them with some weed I will be able to feel an opiate buzz? Like would the opiates potentiate each other or have a synergistic effect? My opiate tolerance is really low but I'm not sure if it would be worth doing now or if I should just save those pills for the next time I get hurt. Also, would adding an antihistamine (I have benadryl and meclizine on hand) potentiate it enough to make a noticeable difference?

That's really a subjective thing. You might feel nothing, might feel something mild, you might get just high enough to start taking an interest in opiates, which I hope isn't the case for obvious reasons. I suggest saving the pain meds for their intended purpose.

It depends on your history. In and of themselves those are low doses so unless you have quality smoke even with a potentiator you may not get much out of it. However my first high ever was on low dose oxy so it's not impossible. Every body is different. For me a mix of oxy and codeine with a low tolerance meant more inclination to itch but as you have Benadryl on hand that's not much concern. As the pills take up to an hour or so to take effect but smoke is pretty instantaneous you have options and time to see how they effect you before wasting much.

I have a 30mg codeine pill and a 5mg oxycodone pill and I'm wondering if maybe I combine them with some weed I will be able to feel an opiate buzz? Like would the opiates potentiate each other or have a synergistic effect? My opiate tolerance is really low but I'm not sure if it would be worth doing now or if I should just save those pills for the next time I get hurt. Also, would adding an antihistamine (I have benadryl and meclizine on hand) potentiate it enough to make a noticeable difference?
Yes combining them will result in an 'opiate buzz'. Yes adding dph will potentiate it.

Seeing as you have little to no tolerance, and are already combining 2 cns depressants, I wouldn't suggest trying to potentiate the combination.

-hs

I took 12 Tagamet pills an hour ago and just took 12 10mg oxycodone pills and 8 norcos. 30 mins later and I am high as a kite!!! I forgot how well Tagamet works!! I've used DXM a few times but it makes the high very dirty if that makes sense, like I get a lot of anxiety and the high doesn't feel like an opiate buzz anymore....anyways I've mixed lots of opiates together many times and they always have a synergy effect for me.

^I remember how fun it was to put "how high I am" status updates to BL. They are very informative to this society.

Yeah I'm not sure it depends on your past with opioids, judging by your post I would assume this is one of your first experiences with them. I have actually never tried codeine but have heard it is very weak. The first opioid I did was half a 30mg roxy up the nose and I was LIT! I just skipped the Percocet, Vicodin, and codeine and started with straight up oxy. Be careful you are playing with fire no matter what opioid it is you try for the first time. I was pretty much in love with opiates for years because of that first 15mg of oxy I tried! From the first day I did it I never stopped until getting on subs, which aren't a whole lot better as far as opioid dependence is concerned. the withdrawls are just as bad as any other opioid, if not worse! as far as mixing herb with the codeine and percocet, I would have to say yes it will potentiate it like it does with all opioids I have tried. THC makes opioids much stronger ime. The antihistamines idk about. I used Benadryl to potentiate my bupe for a short while... but it didn't do THAT much.

I took 12 Tagamet pills an hour ago and just took 12 10mg oxycodone pills and 8 norcos. 30 mins later and I am high as a kite!!! I forgot how well Tagamet works!! I've used DXM a few times but it makes the high very dirty if that makes sense, like I get a lot of anxiety and the high doesn't feel like an opiate buzz anymore....anyways I've mixed lots of opiates together many times and they always have a synergy effect for me.

Yeah, this combo is kind of an upper. I've used it a few times with pretty good effects. However, if you take anti-depressants I would avoid this, it can lead to serotonin syndrome. Usually this isn't something that causes permanent damage but it's pretty unpleasant. You don't really need quite that much of Tagamet, I usually use about 600 mg ( 3 tablets) and my buzz lasts around 6 h.

FYI typical amount of DXM to potentiate opioids is 60-80 mg. Also, Tagamet will block the metabolism of DXM to its active metabolite (DXO) which is what actually gives the effect, not DXM itself.

Last edited:
I took 12 Tagamet pills an hour ago and just took 12 10mg oxycodone pills and 8 norcos.

Like Pill Head mentioned, you don't need all that Tagamet to potentiate. I hope the oxycodone pills you took were not Percocet. Also, norcos contain acetaminophen so taking eight at once would be 2,600 mg. It's not recommended that a person go over 4,000 mg per day.

Mixing opiates can sometimes compliment each other, but it's generally a waste of time in my experience (unless you're running low of whatever you were originally planning to dose)