• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mixing mushrooms with Oxycodone (feat. The Great Shroom Spirit Debate)

Mushrooms are a sacred expression of Gaia's love. Try not to embarrass yourself in the presence of this ancient and revered teacher by munching soul-numbing pharmaceuticals.

The mushroom is perfect and complete on its own. Give yourself to it, you might learn something.

Wow you really made yourself sound silly with that post!

^I thought it was quite poetic actually.

However, I'm inclined to believe that all living things are expression's of Gaia's love, and nonliving things too.

"Feeling, then, not that I was drugged but that I was in an unusual degree open to reality, I tried to discern the meaning, the inner character of the dancing pattern which constituted both myself and the garden, and the whole dome of the night with its colored stars. All at once it became obvious that the whole thing was love-play, where love means everything that the word can mean, a spectrum ranging from the red of erotic delight, through the green of human endearment, to the violet of divine charity, from Freud's libido to Dante's "love that moves the sun and other stars." All were so many colors issuing from a single white light, and, what was more, this single source was not just love as we ordinarily understand it: it was also intelligence, not only Eros and Agape but also Logos. I could see that the intricate organization both of the plants and of my own nervous system, like symphonies of branching complexity, were not just manifestations of intelligence—as if things like intelligence and love were in themselves substances or formless forces. It was rather that the pattern itself is intelligence and is love, and this somehow in spite of all its outwardly stupid and cruel distortions."

-Alan Watts

It's a wide wide world out there

However, I'd rather be deluded than cynical any day

I find life much more interesting that way

I do too. But it's hard for me to abandon rational, reductionist thought trains.

^I see benefit in both empiricism and delusion. Mix and match as you wish :)

Great fucking thread, spurred by madshamen!! :)

I see benefit in living until death. After that, what I see is a matter of opinion. On the other hand so is what I see before that as well. I only hope it's my opinion.

Then again, who's to say my opinion is not your opinion, and your opinion is the same as my opinion, even when our opinions fight each other, as it all hangs on the point of view.

Yes, that's right, I said science. (whoppee!)

Psychedelics give you inspiration, and depending on how you use them, possibly opens your mind to new concepts, gives you new ways to solve problems, modifies the way you think. Allows you to think outside the box, which would be healthy for some people on this thread...

The guys who figured out the DNA did LSD. For example.

wow, ok this is kindof old but you are seriously making a fool out of yourself here, I asume by "guy who figured out about DNA" you mean Kerry Mullis?
and he didn't "figure out DNA" that was Watson and Crick (along with Rosalind Franklin and several others who were never credited), Kerry Mullis only figured out how to perform PCR, which is how we expand the amount of DNA to use in analysis etc. and he didn't figure this out on an acid trip (although he did credit it with helping expand his consciousness, and for the record admitted that a woman saved him through astral projection, take how you may)

whatever you want to believe, I'll just say, know your shit

The single largest living thing on Earth is not a Giant Redwood or Blue Whale, it's a mushroom (and associated mycelial fruits and tendrils) in a field somewhere in America. True story :)

actually thats up for debate, depends whether it is a single organism or not, there's apparently some debate, if it is in fact multiple organisms then the great barrier reef is larger

(i'd put my money on multiple as its called a colony but hey, thats just a guess on my part)

maloxx said:
wow, ok this is kindof old but you are seriously making a fool out of yourself here

You're making a bigger fool of yourself, coming to PD to insult people you don't know.

OK, OK, I get it, you have a big e-dick. What next?

It's a wide wide world out there

However, I'd rather be deluded than cynical any day

I find life much more interesting that way

I agree as well. I feel leaning toward cynicism is too boring and machinistic at times. It's more entertaining for me to not be too grounded in fact and reductionism.

Damn, I'm glad that other discussion materialized there, good reading. So much has been covered, else I'd take a crack at it too.

I haven't tried this combo yet, despite my fondness for both mushrooms and opiates. I've rationalized so far that I would probably just feel distracted and entirely euphoric. I really hear the 'no pain, no gain," argument.

Also, money constrictions tend to lean me toward spreading out my drug use, so I'm even less inclined to try it.

My recommendation? Meh. If you're that curious, I guess... My understanding of/relationship with mushrooms tells me not to bother. Though that's just me.
Lucky for me I have an endless prescription to Oxy, so cost of them is no issue.

The thing I don't understand re: this Debate, is why people insist that the mushroom-spirit/molecule would be spiteful or angry or judgmental, and, by default then, 'better' then us. I've seen a lot of talk about respecting the mushroom as if they resemble the christian god, who DEMANDS respect. I believe thats misguided, or at least, misplaced...I believe it to be benevolent; rather then being wise and all-knowing, it seems to invest moreso in creating paths to wisdom and knowing for ourselves. Hence, I would refer to any possible mushroom spirit as a Teacher, not a god or Great power.

Great observation. +1

Jesus H. Cubensis. This thread should have been snapped by a mod.

Oxy+Shroom = waste of both. I've smoked herb (previously) soaked in opium paragoric while on a trip. Kind of dulled the trip down... it became sit in my chair and feel opiated while the visuals I no longer cared about moved around. It took away the run through the forest and watch the trees dance primality completely away... which is why I love mushrooms. I felt I had completely wasted my time and money, and was rather pissed.

There ya go.

Psychedelics manifest your fantasy as sensory experience, which can lead to delusions such as the one you are suffering from.

The only "science" that I have any familiarity with is psychoanalysis, and I'd like to present my feelings on the concept of a "delusion". I feel that delusions actually occur from the "rational". Delusions are the outcome of an attempt to imprint a rational sense onto irrational data. So, for example, with schizophrenia, you might have a mind prone to lateral processes, "knight's move thinking" and whatnot, and in trying to get a grip on the seemingly nonsensical perception you're dealing with, you attempt to objectify it, "whittle it down" into an organized understanding, which can lead to very weird conclusions of which we've all heard and I don't need to recount. The same goes for dogmatic religion. It is the not the faith in the unseen that I find to be delusional, it's that it becomes concrete truth through law and literal interpretation -- tools of rationality and the most dangerous traits of believers. It's their logic that the delusions kill for.

I want to emphasize this because I feel this understanding supports the idea of interacting with the supernatural through psychedelics as being a helpful mindset. The idea that there are dimensions of experience, perception, mind and consciousness that cannot be understood through logical means MUST be confronted, because these are the dimensions that psychedelics give you the ticket to visit. And I think that the posters here who capitalize the "m" in Mushroom and see it as a spirit teacher, "unified intellegence", conduit to Gaia, etc. are probably the psychonauts that understand this the most. It is these mindsets that accept the psychedelic experience will present something beyond one's own rational perception, and this acceptance I would say protects us from delusion.

The only "science" that I have any familiarity with is psychoanalysis, and I'd like to present my feelings on the concept of a "delusion". I feel that delusions actually occur from the "rational". Delusions are the outcome of an attempt to imprint a rational sense onto irrational data. So, for example, with schizophrenia, you might have a mind prone to lateral processes, "knight's move thinking" and whatnot, and in trying to get a grip on the seemingly nonsensical perception you're dealing with, you attempt to objectify it, "whittle it down" into an organized understanding, which can lead to very weird conclusions of which we've all heard and I don't need to recount. The same goes for dogmatic religion. It is the not the faith in the unseen that I find to be delusional, it's that it becomes concrete truth through law and literal interpretation -- tools of rationality and the most dangerous traits of believers. It's their logic that the delusions kill for.

I want to emphasize this because I feel this understanding supports the idea of interacting with the supernatural through psychedelics as being a helpful mindset. The idea that there are dimensions of experience, perception, mind and consciousness that cannot be understood through logical means MUST be confronted, because these are the dimensions that psychedelics give you the ticket to visit. And I think that the posters here who capitalize the "m" in Mushroom and see it as a spirit teacher, "unified intellegence", conduit to Gaia, etc. are probably the psychonauts that understand this the most. It is these mindsets that accept the psychedelic experience will present something beyond one's own rational perception, and this acceptance I would say protects us from delusion.

This is a very interesting addition to the Great Shroom Spirit Debate.

Won't reply now since I'm not in the mood for it but might be bringing a comeback later.

i loved taking methadone with a bunch of shrooms just dont overdo it its easy to do then u just end up a puking mess

The thing I don't understand re: this Debate, is why people insist that the mushroom-spirit/molecule would be spiteful or angry or judgmental, and, by default then, 'better' then us. I've seen a lot of talk about respecting the mushroom as if they resemble the christian god, who DEMANDS respect.

Yes, that notion does have a Star Trek quality to it. Some idol demanding respect and Captain Kirk pulling it's hood off. %) Or the man behind the curtain.

Really though, this is a very good debate with so many good points. I believe both sides. A molecule is a molecule. Yet I do notice (sometimes) a difference between natural and man made. I do believe mushrooms have been more cosmic than say 4-ACO-DET and had more soul. Yet a substance like LSD I consider the most cosmic and it's man made.

As far as respect the only way I'd use the word respect with psychedelics is to not be wreckless. Don't jump in with both feet if you're not sure what happens. Respect the substance and use it wisely. Reminds me of a little story in Dec of 1986. ...I was at the Comeback Shows of the Grateful Dead at the Oakland Col. Jerry's first Dead shows after his coma. We had some fabulous strong white blotter obtained from people we knew at the time on Haight St. Now I only did one the first night. A friend of mine who was being cocky and obnoxious was pushing me to do 3 instead of one and he was boasting and bragging about that. Well I had a great time that night on 1 and he ended up too freaked and at first sat behind the stage and then had to leave the arena on 3. It was too much for him. He could have used some respect for the substance. LOL Man did I give him sh*t for that. How can you enjoy a show from OUTSIDE?? Bahahahaha.

I had stopped using opiates and was no longer a daily user, however I happend to have some morphine on hand one day. Me and a close friend planned already to do LSD the day after I had gotten the morphine. Since I can tolerate opiates despite abstinance I used some morphine (oral) that night and eventually got fucked up. The next day when my buddy dropped on by my head was pounding, I was throwing up all the time non stop. I knew I had overdosed but my buddy insisted it was from withdrawl even though this way my first time in over 2-3 months using. I got another little bit of morphine ready and swallowed it and we decided to wait about 1hr-2hrs before I was going to drop if at all.

Soon after the morphine I was even more sick and threw up harder, got even more head poundings and so we layed low for about 1-2hrs. We smoked some cannabis which helped with the nausea and I had taken some aspirin which had helped with the headache. (I later found out that LSD on it's own is effective for treating headaches but still I wouldn't want to drop with a headache).

Eventually I felt better as in no more throwing up and no more head poundings (or at least much less) however I was still very much sedated and even nodding out at points. I decided to drop 420mcg of LSD at that point, usually a dose of 110mcg LSD will wake me up significantly. This time the LSD hit me very nice as usual but instead of focusing on the mind thoughts and the visuals (which at 420mcg aren't spectacular to the point of the Yellow Submaine type of level, but definatley not something you'd want to miss out on, plus we were out on the grass listening to music on a bright sunny day in my backyard so bomb ass setting) I was rather careless/carefree. LSD is supposed to stimulate your mind to the point where some people need to take sedatives to ease the bombardment of stimuli.

Instead of feeling that butterfly feeling and extreme cerebral high along with the gradual awakening of the senses and the mind, on opiates I felt a gradual stoning that made me more stoned than the best of cannabis or hash. This in many ways blocked out many of the true, pure psychedelic effects..I hardly felt awake, I just wanted to lay down and didn't really care about what I was doing. Also the worst part is I was nodding out or very very stoned in a sedated way the entire trip and when watching t.v. for example I would watch t.v. like I would on opiates and usually close my eyes, etc.

This combo of LSD and narcotics made LSD feel to me like *just another drug in the day of a junkie*. I could have gotten a whole lot more from 420mcg than I did that time, that's for sure had I not taken any opiates. The psychedelic effects were drowned out to the point that even when I was slightly drunk and taken 110mcg was a much more psychedelic experience than 420mcg and opiates. I've had LSA via Morning Glory once or twice, successfully (out of about a dozen tries). The LSA experience if you've had it is very mellow and sedating however LSD and narcotics doesn't even closely resemble LSA (which compared to this combo if like speed, lol in that it stimulates your mind as it should).

I felt that I learnt *absolutley nothing* from this experience (didn't laugh much either) on which like I said I layed around either on a blanket on the backyard grass with a buddy listening to music and inside laying on the couch covered by a blanket watching movies. I do not call that tripping! In retrospect now that I think about it besides benzodiazepines or antipsychotics to stop a bad or strong trip could definatley be opiates/opioids as they seem to work against the psychedelics.

However, I must say however that taking opiates at the *tail end* of the experience when you have gotten enough and think its time to end the day. For me with LSD if I take it at 12 noon I may have a beer at 9pm-11pm along with a joint which will still bring my buzz back for a short time. Then when I see that I am no longer tripping say 11pm-1am at night I will do some opiates if I have them on hand. My favorite combination in the world for comedowns and chilling out is: opiate of choice along with hashish and cannabis (or if your ballin' enough to afford it, also a balloon or hit of nitrous oxide, however the N2O is best taken after you've taken the opiate and smoked some hash/weed).

I have done this combo (opiates with hash and weed at the tail end) with LSD, Shrooms, MDMA and 2C-I. The best if you ask me is for LSD/Shrooms (it's a tie). I remeber that taking it after shrooms is more dreamy where LSD is more uppy. MDMA when coming down is very nice taking opiates makes you fall asleep better, makes you just a lot better overall (even if you never have have crashes on your comedowns). 2C-I is also very good to take with opiates but really only at the tail end, the results are similar to MDMA but possibly even more uppy, also in a good way.

I recomand you only take opiates at the tail end of trips, and never at the begining or during unless you are an addict and even then I would either try to abstain from using or I would use the smallest amount not to go into wihdrawls while on a long trip as the case is for drugs like LSD, 2C-E, 2C-I, 2C-T-7 and such. It is easier to abstain from use for something like Shrooms, 2C-B, MDMA or 2C-C since these drugs last a more reasonable amount of time.

Last edited: