• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mixing MDMA and methamphetamine - or using on alternate days?

I was talking about this part.

MDMA already contains Methamphetamine, hence the "MA".

From the standpoint of the subjective experience and from pharmacology they're quite different, though. What's your point? I've combined them and can't ever remember being disappointed by the results. However there are additional health concerns over the combo.

At least MDMA plus amphetamine or meth never gave me chest pains. I got bad chest pains the one time I tried combining 4-mmc oral with amphetamine 30mg. Was popping aspirin and praying.

My point was therefore correct. MDMA contains Methamphetamine. There's nothing incorrect about that statement. MDMA's entire molecular make up may make for a different experience than Methamphetamine used alone. But it doesn't change the fact that MDMA contains it.

Pseudoephedrine contains MA as well and i don't think anyone claims that those two are the same.... what's your point?

Pseudoephedrine contains MA as well and i don't think anyone claims that those two are the same.... what's your point?
Pseudoephedrine has to go through a very specific process to produce active Methamphetamine. Methamphetamine is an active compound in MDMA. You're comparing apples with chocolate bars here.

From the standpoint of the subjective experience and from pharmacology they're quite different, though. What's your point? I've combined them and can't ever remember being disappointed by the results. However there are additional health concerns over the combo.
"MDMA already contains Methamphetamine, hence the "MA". "

My point was this statement is false and nothing more and was not directed to you.

I didn't read any further past that point.

Pseudoephedrine has to go through a very specific process to produce active Methamphetamine. Methamphetamine is an active compound in MDMA. You're comparing apples with chocolate bars here.
Since methamphetamine can't be extracted from MDMA it's kinda silly to claim it's in there as a single compound. At least ephedrine can be converted.

It's almost like saying they're all benzene for all containing benzene. Yet it's impossible to obtain benzene from any of them.

Meth totally killed the MDMA experience for me. I was totally unable to roll on MDMA if I had meth in my system or sometimes for months after a long stint on meth.

Since methamphetamine can't be extracted from MDMA it's kinda silly to claim it's in there as a single compound. At least ephedrine can be converted.
I never said it was a single compound, I said it was an active compound. Methamphetamine isn't active in Pseudoephedrine. It's a pointless argument in any case. I don't dispute that MDMA and stand alone Methamphetamine have substantially different effects.

Adding more Methamphetamine into the mix is unlikely to lead to Serotonin Syndrome, as the predominant neurotransmitters that Methamphetamine will stimulate the release of are Dopamine and Norepinephrine. MDMA combined with Tryptophan is more likely to lead to Serotonin Syndrome. Although Tryptophan can be useful during the come down as it will help to restore Serotonin levels after the crash.
That is objectively false. you are spreading misinformation. Oxygen and hydrogen are both rocket fuel, together they make water. Even I with a very basic knowledge of chemistry understand this.

Last edited:
Oxygen isn't flammable.
Yes but it is used in combination with other elements for the combustion that fuels rockets. My point is that just because a chemical is part of an equation doesnt mean that any of the properties follow over. same goes for mdma and meth. very basic chemistry.

mdma does not have the properties of meth. To act like its just a mix of different drugs is wrong. There's a thing called a chemical reaction that changes the properties of chemicals. Try mixing some baking soda and vinegar and see that you can no longer use the baking soda to make a cake :'(

Yes but it is used in combination with other elements for the combustion that fuels rockets. My point is that just because a chemical is part of an equation doesnt mean that any of the properties follow over. same goes for mdma and meth. very basic chemistry.
You stated in your original unedited post that Oxygen is "highly flammable", then attempted to lecture me on "basic chemistry". I'm well aware of how the properties of compounds and elements can change when combined with other compounds and elements. I haven't attempted to dispute this at any point.
mdma does not have the properties of meth. To act like its just a mix of different drugs is wrong. There's a thing called a chemical reaction that changes the properties of chemicals. Try mixing some baking soda and vinegar and see that you can no longer use the baking soda to make a cake :'(
Yet, the vinegar still contains baking soda. The baking soda continues to be an active ingredient as part of the mix as it raises the PH value of the vinegar making it less acidic.

I concede that I should have worded that statement better. Oxygen is used in combination with other elements to create the combustion used in rockets. Even your car uses oxygen for combustion. But thats not the point, the point is the very foundation of your original statement is false and misleading.... Even you admit that chemicals change properties when mixed with other chemicals which means you have contradicted the very foundation of your original comment... so you must know deep down that statement was misleading, so why don't you concede that so new users don't get the wrong impression and we can all move on. What do you say?

Last edited: