• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mixing MDMA and methamphetamine - or using on alternate days?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Against my better judgement I'm going to make a conservative engagement into my old stash.

Last while has been pretty intense for me on a psychological and thus physiological level and I need a while to decompress and feel what high neurotransmitter levels feel like again.

I hated: ketamine, marijuana, LSD.

I liked: MDMA, methamphetamine - anything stimulating which increases cognitive function.

I don't need to get "fucked up", I just need to get off the ground slightly.

Given MDMA isn't suitable for frequent dosing, I figure low dosing, maybe 40 mg on alternate days with maybe 25 mg meth on the other days.

Or even MDMA morning and meth in the evening.

If a regular MDMA dose is 120 mg - would dosing 40 mg three days in a row be considered detrimental or on a par in terms of potential for cognitive damage?

General thoughts?

Against my better judgement I'm going to make a conservative engagement into my old stash.

Last while has been pretty intense for me on a psychological and thus physiological level and I need a while to decompress and feel what high neurotransmitter levels feel like again.

I liked: MDMA, methamphetamine - anything stimulating which increases cognitive function.

Given MDMA isn't suitable for frequent dosing, I figure low dosing, maybe 40 mg on alternate days with maybe 25 mg meth on the other days.

If a regular MDMA dose is 120 mg - would dosing 40 mg three days in a row be considered detrimental or on a par in terms of potential for cognitive damage?

General thoughts?

Taking low doses of MDMA doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense. I've done it and it sort of just makes you feel weird. Not much serotonin is released at those doses so it sort of just feels like a subpar stimulant.

What's your objective from doing so? I'd recommend taking a single large dose of MDMA and see if you can work out what is bothering you.

MDMA probably won't make you feel anything at 40mg, other than an urge to take more MDMA.

If you've been doing meth, it may well up your tolerance to MDMA even further.

I'd say just do the speed (maybe best not to do meth daily of course), wait until the weekends for the MDMA.

When i was 21 i used to combine them in order to roll much harder and longer off fewer pills(36 now). Now i very rarely do meth and prefer to combine my MDMA with psychedelics instead.

It's a well documented fact that the combination of meth with MDMA is far more neurotoxic than taking either drug alone. That didn't stop me, but you may not want to risk it.

Not really understanding the question... but mdma and meth is one damn euphoric combo with also one of the worst comedowns around. Depleting all your dopamine and serotonin is not a fun time.

I did 75 mg of meth at 5 pm yesterday.

I've been awake in a pleasant bliss staring at my computer since, right through the night.

I have to say, first this meth is contaminated - doing an acetone wash as soon as - cause it gives me delirium.

But whatever happened since I dose it, it like a lot of psychological work.

So much understanding.

I'm searching for answers and over the last 12 hours I've got many.

I didn't want to do conventional psychedelics like ket/LSD cause they don't give that mental clarity as much as a cognitive enhancer.

But damn I got to wash this of impurity.

How long after dosing meth should I wait to dose MDMA?

(ps - meth come down I never found bothersome. MDMA come down kills me).

I gotta say also the purpose I'm using these drugs now and the revelations they're bringing about - it's..... crazy.

Just over the last 12 hours on meth, so much has come into focus.

Seeing the world for what it really is and how it really works.

Unnerving frankly - but stabilizing in the sense that behaviors I just could not understand before, now they're clear.

I understand them and the reality is so damn perverse.... it's crazy.

For younger/next generations - it worries me.

Thinking of myself as a kid, naive, happy go lucky, innocent - to be crushed under these covert realities (to the point I suffered from crushing headaches by way of the neural/emotional affect, seizures and almost died after a particularly intense one).

And now at 35 years old after so much meticulous understanding I see reality for what it is and more importantly - can fight back.

A hypocrites worst fear is their hypocrisy being exposed, and as a function of what I am now, that's what's happening.

Last edited:
MDMA already contains Methamphetamine, hence the "MA".

Adding more Methamphetamine into the mix is unlikely to lead to Serotonin Syndrome, as the predominant neurotransmitters that Methamphetamine will stimulate the release of are Dopamine and Norepinephrine. MDMA combined with Tryptophan is more likely to lead to Serotonin Syndrome. Although Tryptophan can be useful during the come down as it will help to restore Serotonin levels after the crash.

That is not true. While meth and mdma both contain the word meth they are different drugs

That is not true. While meth and mdma both contain the word meth they are different drugs
Of course they're different drugs. Methamphetamine alone releases Dopamine and Norepinephrine by making it's way up through the Dopamine and Norepinephrine reuptake channels and occupying the pre-synaptic vesicle spaces for these neurotransmitters, effectively pushing them out of the storage vesicles and releasing them into the synaptic clefts.

MDMA (Methylenedioxy-Methamphetamine) does a multitude more. Not only does the Methamphetamine contained within MDMA perform the action above, the rest of MDMAs chemical make up acts as agonists on the Dopamine, Norepinephrine and Serotonin receptors, as well as full on reuptake inhibitors. Once the Methamphetamine travels up these channels, the entrance ports for these channels are then blocked off to prevent the amine neurotransmitters from being re-uptaken from the synaptic clefts. This allows the synapses to flood with Dopamine, Norepinephrine and Serotonin with no escape route.

MDMA has considerably larger death potential than Methamphetamine alone to a novice that doesn't know what they're doing.

Well, all I did was 75 mg meth, two days ago.

So almost exactly 48 hours after I did the dose, I was walking in a social area today and BOOM.

I have a panic attack.

Horrible.

Then almost went into psychosis, psychotic rage - so afraid I was going to knock someone the fuck out I put both hands under my arms and ran like fuck away from everyone.

Then almost passed out, pins and needles everywhere.

Got back by myself - totally cool.

Being around people 2 DAYS AFTER METH = panic, paranoia, psychotic rage and fainting.

Never happened this bad in my life, thought I was going to stop breathing and possibly die.

Back in my apartment now and staying here for at least 2 days until this shit clears completely from
my system.

Given my newly found hyper sensitivity to methamphetamine - I'm guessing MDMA should also be off the table.

And every other mind bending drug also I'd imagine.

Of course they're different drugs. Methamphetamine alone releases Dopamine and Norepinephrine by making it's way up through the Dopamine and Norepinephrine reuptake channels and occupying the pre-synaptic vesicle spaces for these neurotransmitters, effectively pushing them out of the storage vesicles and releasing them into the synaptic clefts.

MDMA (Methylenedioxy-Methamphetamine) does a multitude more. Not only does the Methamphetamine contained within MDMA perform the action above, the rest of MDMAs chemical make up acts as agonists on the Dopamine, Norepinephrine and Serotonin receptors, as well as full on reuptake inhibitors. Once the Methamphetamine travels up these channels, the entrance ports for these channels are then blocked off to prevent the amine neurotransmitters from being re-uptaken from the synaptic clefts. This allows the synapses to flood with Dopamine, Norepinephrine and Serotonin with no escape route.

MDMA has considerably larger death potential than Methamphetamine alone to a novice that doesn't know what they're doing.
Quit it now, I'm about to call my dude for MDMA so i can flip tonight!! Damnit. I don't usually curse or swear.. bad for me.

General thoughts?

Don't take them the same day unless you wish to experience a crash from hell lol.

I know personally that some stimulant crashes have been so bad that I self medicated them with other drugs out of extreme desperation to help the depression. Don't be like me! Stimulants are a blast of fun until they aren't. Eventually trying to get super high on stims just ends up being disappointing with a crash that smites you where you stand.. Solidly pretty high is the best medium in my opinion and the brain only has so much dopamine that can be shot out of those tiny little receptors.

General thoughts?
The original golden principle was,from the standpoint of neurotoxicity,it’s better to take 200 mg’s MDMA at once, than 100 mg’s and another 100 mg’s 1 hour later.

MDMA is just not advised, for better brain chemistry health, to take regularly. Even once a week is likely better than every other day, even if doses are low.

I would encourage an alternative schedule of substances and try not to see MDMA as indispensable crutch or part of the medicine cabinet.

I don’t think it would pay off for very long. A few weeks in even, I forecast potential major mood swings and lows, and if you go longterm it’s asking for negative adverse effects on brain chemistry, cognitive function and mental well-being.

While mdma does release dopamine and norepinephrine it does not release them in equipotent values. Mdma 200mg and meth 200mg don't release the same dopamine values

Last edited:
While mama does release dopamine and norepinephrine it does not release them in equipotent values. Mdma 200mg and meth 200mg don't release the same dopamine values

That's correct. But then again, MDMA doesn't need to speed up the release rate of Dopamine to the same extent as stand alone Methamphetamine, as MDMA has the additional factor of acting as a Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor (like Cocaine) and a direct agonist on the D2, D3 and D4 receptors. So this allows more Dopamine to build up in the synapses over time. Where as Methamphetamine doesn't really block the reuptake of Dopamine. Although it does make it's way into the pre-synaptic neurons through the Dopamine Reuptake Channels which I suppose would make it a temporary partial blocker.

Comparing dosage equivalents is pointless as well. 200mgs of MDMA is a pretty standard dose. It's Methamphetamine content is very limited. 200mgs of pure Methamphetamine on the other hand could quite easily kill a person, especially if they have a low tolerance threshold.

MDMA already contains Methamphetamine, hence the "MA".

Adding more Methamphetamine into the mix is unlikely to lead to Serotonin Syndrome, as the predominant neurotransmitters that Methamphetamine will stimulate the release of are Dopamine and Norepinephrine. MDMA combined with Tryptophan is more likely to lead to Serotonin Syndrome. Although Tryptophan can be useful during the come down as it will help to restore Serotonin levels after the crash.
This is very wrong info.

This is very wrong info.
Well, I've never experienced serotonin syndrome from the combination, but it's far more measurably neurotoxic as a combination than either substance individually. Can provide references if needed.