• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mixing coke with predisone, is it safe?

Street_Rebel

Greenlighter
I'm going to a small NYE gathering tomorrow night with a couple friends and picked up some coke for the party. It couldn't have come at a worst time.

Earlier this month I noticed it felt like my hand was falling asleep. Went to the doctor last week and she said I have carpal tunnel syndrome. I had my follow up appointment today and it turns out I also have tendonitis in my elbow of the same arm. And that's messing with another nerve, so now I've got two irritated nerves on the same arm and have to wear both elbow and wrist braces. She also prescribed me to 20mg of prednisone, which is a steroid to help with the inflammation.

I don't plan on drinking. Just smoking weed for the most part and some blow. However, I'm having 2nd thoughts on the blow out of fear that there will be an enhancement of effects from either drug or even worse the side effects of either drug, and any other possible mishaps.

Anyone have experience with this? Should I just play is safe and just stick with blazing up instead?

I honestly wouldn’t risk coke with prednisone. I imagine you’ll be worried anyway when using so it won’t be worth it. Coke and alcohol is a dangerous enough combo as well never mind adding on preds.

I would absolutely not mix cocaine and steroids. It could potentially cause heart failure as they both increase heart rate. Also, cocaine is generally cut with many other drugs. Where I’m at, it’s often cut with opioids, which is extremely dangerous as it is. Adding steroids to that is most likely lethal. If you absolutely feel you have to, do very small bumps, and only once per hour or so. And keep an eye on your heart rate. If it starts racing, stop the cocaine and maybe smoke some weed and find a quiet, calm place to relax.

You should be fine. Years ago a friend gifted me a bunch of the stuff from China and I was taking it on top of copious amounts of meth for several weeks. One night won't be an issue, in my humble opinion

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. After careful consideration I've decided to lay off the blow until I'm done with the prescription. First day of prednisone wasn't so bad and didn't jack me up like it did before. And come to think of it last time I was prescribed to it for sciatica it was a higher dose. Regardless, I've decided to play it safe and I'm just gonna stick with smoking weed only tonight. Happy New Year and stay safe.