• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Missed part of a shot w/o pain??

Twackerey

Greenlighter
So I'm an occasional IV user of meth. I've been self injecting for almost a year so I've got plenty of experience and practice. Tonight I did a shot in the crook of my elbow- didn't have any problems getting it in and registering on the first try. I finished the shot and took the point out and it seemed fine but a few seconds later there was a small bump and it's gotten a bit bigger but not very much. It doesn't hurt at all. I'm just a bit confused bc I've missed a couple times before and it always stung or hurt when I've missed but tonight there was no pain at all through the whole process. Is it possible to miss some of the shot but not experience any pain? Has anyone else experienced this? Could there be a cause for this happening other than missing?

Was the bump perfectly round or misshapen? If it was round it was just your skin reacting to the needle/wound. If it was misshapen maybe it wasn't meth? I had some shit that didn't burn that bad if I missed that felt just like meth, so who knows.

It could also be blood from the vein that continue leaking and clotted under your skin. It happens to me a lot even when I put pressure with cotton balls in my IV sites.

Both of the above make more sense than a missed shot, as meth is really caustic and should burn pretty bad