• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Missed bupe dose 2 days HELP

Emzasparkle

Greenlighter
I'm on 12mg on prefibin (bupenepherine hydrochloride) daily for opiate addiction. I have been on this dose for a month.
I was too late to pick up my Saturday script which in turn has meant I am going to miss Sunday too. (The pharmacy doesn't open Sunday so they give the Sunday dose to you on Saturday.) Missing two days really can't be good.
Can anyone tell me how bad the withdrawals are going to be and when they will set in? Is waiting until Monday going to be a nightmare?

its gonna be unpleasant, but not unbearable. the withdrawals shouldnt hit till sunday afternoon as subbies have a long half life. if you've been on them a while then the full on withdrawals take a couple of days to hit. just wait till monday, you should be fine. if you break down and buy heroin or whatever, you won't be able to take your monday dose or you'll go into horrible precipitated withdrawal.

if you break down and buy heroin or whatever, you won't be able to take your monday dose or you'll go into horrible precipitated withdrawal.

Not if he only uses once which I obviously don't recommend. You have to be addicted to a full agonist to experience precipitated WDs from Bupe.

OP you will probably be fine. Bupe's long half life will save your ass. Today will be uncomfortable but you will most likely not go into full blown WD :)
Good luck on your road to recovery!

its gonna be unpleasant, but not unbearable. the withdrawals shouldnt hit till sunday afternoon as subbies have a long half life. if you've been on them a while then the full on withdrawals take a couple of days to hit. just wait till monday, you should be fine. if you break down and buy heroin or whatever, you won't be able to take your monday dose or you'll go into horrible precipitated withdrawal.

though i have taken bupe/naloxene within 12 hours of my last oxy or H dose (i was in desperate WD and willing to risk it) and then taken H again 6 hours following the bupe/nal (felt like 2 hydro 10's lol), i have never experienced precipitated WD. i consider myself lucky, weird, or both, considering the horror stories i have read here and other places. i say just deal with a little WD...sometimes it's good for you in a fucked up way. haha. if you have some junkie friends, they might have a mg or two to hook you up with in the mean time? i wouldn't go score, though. of course this is coming from a guy that quit that shit years back so it's easier said then done. just my opinion. get to feeling better!

Not if he only uses once which I obviously don't recommend. You have to be addicted to a full agonist to experience precipitated WDs from Bupe.

OP you will probably be fine. Bupe's long half life will save your ass. Today will be uncomfortable but you will most likely not go into full blown WD :)
Good luck on your road to recovery!
Can anybody else confirm this? Would somebody addicted to codeine or kratom really not have to wait the usual timespan to ingest suboxone without fear of precipitated withdrawal? Not to say this may not be true but I kinda find that hard to believe and I'm sure as hell not gonna be the one to find out firsthand.

Just remembered kratom still has miniscule amounts of 7-hydroxymitragynine, a full agonist. Damnit :\. Still curious to hear if anyone has successfully made the switch without having to wait until your in full on withdrawals.

Last edited:
when i was still using heroin, i would take subs when nothing else was available. i would make sure until the skin crawls had started (about 3 hours after the incessant bowel movements and flu aches). i would only take 2mg and i had a gram/daily tar habit for years. i never got P-WD. the only "downside" is it would hinder my H. effects for the next 36ish hours.

Yeah, that's because you waited til you were in withdrawal. If what Zerwas said is true there would be no wait time whatsoever in those addicted to a partial agonist like codeine and they would be fine taking suboxone as soon as their last dose wears off, without having to wait until full blown withdrawal kicks in.

i just realized the OP is only on Bupe, anyway. no naloxone. the worst that could happen is another opiate would be less effective.

《Plasticity》;13105408 said:
Can anybody else confirm this?

Hey Plasticity, I wrongfully added the "full agonist". I meant that you have to be physical dependent on an opioid/opiate and not just skip 2 days of Bupe and do heroin once :)
Sorry for the confusion. Regarding that misunderstood part I am not sure if there is a difference but now I am curious if so.

I also did not know that codeine is a partial agonist. Always learning something new.

《Plasticity》;13105408 said:
Can anybody else confirm this? Would somebody addicted to codeine or kratom really not have to wait the usual timespan to ingest suboxone without fear of precipitated withdrawal? Not to say this may not be true but I kinda find that hard to believe and I'm sure as hell not gonna be the one to find out firsthand

I took up to 300mg of codeine when I ran out of my Suboxone early and it didn't have much impact on my dose of Suboxone on the following day. If you've been on buprenorphine for some time, then it's impossible that a single dose of a full agonist taken a day after taking last bupe dose will increase opioid receptors activation much as there is still much buprenorphine bound, so there also won't be much decrease in activation when you take your regular dose of buprenorphine a day later.

As for me even though buprenorphine's half-life is supposed to be very long, the effects aren't as long-lived, the more I've been on it, the more I can feel it. I now split my 4mg dose in half because when I took 4mg all at once in the morning, then I'd already be feeling uncomfortable in the afternoon. Similarly, if I miss my morning dose and I don't have any Suboxone to take, it means it's going to be a very tough day for me and working is nearly impossible. So I can definitely understand people who say that they're actually constantly feeling as if they were in mild withdrawals all the time while on buprenorphine. However, it was completely different for me at the very beginning and a single dose even lasted through the next day.

I don't know if this is the same thing, but I have taken suboxone, then taken a shot of H not even an hour later and been fine, not much of a buzz but no sickness whatsoever. Done the same with methadone, and I've mixed (not literally but within the hour) subutex and H also... Like someone else said I don't know if I'm lucky or weird, but I have NEVER experienced the pwd, only thing is you don't get nearly as high. I think the only method that makes you sick is taking your opiate then taking SUBOXONE as that is the only one that has (that N word that I can't pronounce or spell in it) immediately after. But I can't say I have tried that method so I'm not sure that one either. I just know I have never gotten sick out of any of the mixtures I have tried... but I have always been addicted to either heroin or oxycodone when I took any bupe, heavily addicted.

If you've been on 12mg of bupe for over a month everyday, I think it will be more mental/placebo than anything if you KNOW for certain you get get your dose Monday morning. Maybe a little restlessness, anxiety, teary eyes. Nothing unbearable by any means. Certainly won't be a "nightmare," as you say. I nightmare would be a 6 month heroin binge, or a hellish nightmare, the cold turkey I have to do from a ridiculously high benzo dose.

I don't know if this is the same thing, but I have taken suboxone, then taken a shot of H not even an hour later and been fine, not much of a buzz but no sickness whatsoever. Done the same with methadone, and I've mixed (not literally but within the hour) subutex and H also... Like someone else said I don't know if I'm lucky or weird, but I have NEVER experienced the pwd, only thing is you don't get nearly as high. I think the only method that makes you sick is taking your opiate then taking SUBOXONE as that is the only one that has (that N word that I can't pronounce or spell in it) immediately after. But I can't say I have tried that method so I'm not sure that one either. I just know I have never gotten sick out of any of the mixtures I have tried... but I have always been addicted to either heroin or oxycodone when I took any bupe, heavily addicted.

Naloxone has a little to do with it. Both Suboxone and Subutex will send you into PWDs if you take after your DOC opiate. Buprenorphine has higher affinity for your opioid receptors than Naloxone or any other opiate available to us here in the US, perhaps even worldwide.

Well I guess I'm weird.
I've one H then taken a sub within less than ten hours and felt fine.