• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Missed a shot of cocaine, pretty sure an abscess is forming... what do I do

CDotC

Greenlighter
Well for the past 24 hours I've been shooting cocaine and for those who have done such a thing, it becomes incredibly difficult to not cause scar tissue or miss.

I tried my bicep vein and missed most of the shot (27g needles all I have)

It's only been like 12 hours but it is red, a circle with lines around it. Some of my veins have a blackish tint as well.

What can I do and when should I seek treatment?

First thing is put a clean washcloth with Hot water on it

If you cant get treatment this has always prevented abscesses from forming for me.

Oh and keep the washcloth on it for hours resoaking it in Hot water periodically

if there is vein blackening that's not a bruise, and an expanding circle of irritation fuck all that noise, get to the hospital. You may need to start serious anti-biotics, and the sooner the better. draw a circle around the perimeter with a pen. If it's spreadying quickly outside the bounds of the line without signs of stopping, that is a Big Problem.

I would
Well for the past 24 hours I've been shooting cocaine and for those who have done such a thing, it becomes incredibly difficult to not cause scar tissue or miss.

It's only been like 12 hours but it is red, a circle with lines around it. Some of my veins have a blackish tint as well.

I would wait till tomorrow and see if it hurts you more than the day before . I IVed coke and I miss missed a couple of times and nothing happens, only hurts a little. T'has is only my experience but Ive heard that missing a shoot of coke is not good. A couple of days before a missed a 5ml syringe of methadone and I still feel pain but my arm is getting less inflamed. I hope you arm will be better the next days. Tell us what is going up with you.

PEACE&LOVE

e5b564b6-23e0-4638-b493-d1b964ed8027_16x9_1200x676.jpg

If you cant get treatment this has always prevented abscesses from forming for me.

Oh and keep the washcloth on it for hours resoaking it in Hot water periodically
Thanks for this info. I didnt know it. I always clean my arm with alcohol 96% and it works.
And I usually Wash my handbol and arms with hot water and soap.

This is correct..

"To help the abscess open up and drain, try applying a warm compress. You can make a compress by wetting a washcloth with warm (not hot) water and placing it over the abscess for several minutes. Do this a few times a day. Always wash your hands well before and after touching the abscess."

Abscesses are the immune system responding to a bacterial infection and sending out white blood cells (which cause pus).

I've never had a vein problem cos I've never IVed, but I've had a few dental abscesses. They hurt like hell but I never got sick eg. Fever, let alone died.

Anyway this is the site I looked at. I ignore things that sound hysterical. Kid stuff is always good..

Look for redness, some minor pain and swallowing at the injection site.
Then put your hand on to test temperature.
If you have pain, a swallowing resddish (over purple/ greenish or other "shit, I am out of the vein") colour, and it is warmer than it should be then you need a course of antibiotics
No matter if you don't fancy go to ER, no matter if you don't want nobody to know.
If that's the case, run for your antibiotics.

And, if you don't follow our advise and you end you end up being OK, let me tell you it doesn't matter, also. I was on the edge of a bad infection more than once, but it never happened.
The time it actually happened, the previous " I thought I had a bad abcess, but I hadn't" didn't help me.
If you keep using IV (street) cocaine, you will get more than one abscesses. Not the worse outcome of doing it

Honestly, if in any doubt, always seek medical care. Abscesses can resolve on their own, but they can also rapidly progress to life threatening and many people end up losing limbs or even their lives by waiting too long.

The advice earlier in this thread was good, to draw a circle around the area in pen, and if it grows, definitely seek medical care right away. Also if it starts to get warm or hot, that is a sign you should seek medical care

The black veins and lines around it are definitely very worrisome, that does not sound good.

How are you faring mang?

The pain has gone down as the swelling thank God. But I have huge black scars, these will be permanent I'm assuming huh anything I can use to help?

The pain has gone down as the swelling thank God. But I have huge black scars, these will be permanent I'm assuming huh anything I can use to help?
Do you mean black scars as big black- darkredish spots? Like an haematoma, a bruise?
Is the area hot?

Glad to hear you're doin ok!

Only thing I can suggest is stuff like neosporin reduces scarring in addition to infection.

It's just my opinion, but I always recommend going to get checked out early. That is everybody's choice, but if you ever think something is seriously wrong, I think it's best to go get it checked out.

Put a warm(not hot) cloth in your arm during 10 min and repeat the operation 4 times a day. Read the post of @AbbeyLee and Wash you hands before doing that.
Could you send us a photo to see how it progress?
Hope that your arm is going better.
Peace

No doctor here, but it looks like a little haematoma with a degree of coagulation, like ecchynosis.
Only a layman guess, again. Your GP and your closest ER have information, they worth a visit., as Keif said.

Oh the memories of self-hatred and not giving a fuck about the lovely temple my body is.
U want an advice, Quit while you're ahead.
That shit nearly killed me several times and only gave me a lil bit of pleasure for all the shit( pain, sorrow and despair) i splashed all over my loved ones and most of all, to myself.
That drug and specifically that roa is the most detrimental shit ya can do to your body also. I only got 2 veins left, circulatory problems(paresthesia sometimes) and also lost muscle in various parts of my body.(your skin turns black)
I send you a big hug, hope your arm heals well
And plz think about it.
Take care bro xx
Nico