• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Mirtazapine + heroin, is it safe?

menidiatis

Bluelighter
I have stopped using benzos (been like 5 days) for sleep (0.75mg etizolam or 10mg temazepam) I know use 15mg mirtazapine which actually helps me sleep better than benzos did.

However, now after having smoked heroin, I feel extremely sleepy and I can hardly keep my eyes open to read or write. Also, if I try to sleep, I get lost in my thoughts and forget to breathe till I suddenly panic (like I got an electric shock out of nowhere) and realize I am not breathing and start breathing again. However, I don't feel like I am poisoned / overdosing in the same way that I felt when I OD'ed on noids.

My question is, does mirtazapine potentiate the CNS effects of heroin, (hence not being able to keep eyes open for example) and thus I will lose my breath during sleep and die? Or is it simply that I am very tired from my chronic insomnia and I just need to sleep? Does mirtazapine interact with heroin the same way benzos (and so is it such a dangerous combo)?

Actually I am nodding right now, I fall in and out of consciousness (but for only a few seconds every time) Am I in danger? Again, I don't feel as if I have overdosed, the feeling is pleasurable, but I am struggling to keep eyes open and type right now.

Is nodding in and of itself dangerous? (assuming only reasonable amounts of H have been used and NO benzos/alcohol/any other depressant)

Last edited:
During my Kratom period i was scripted Mirtazepine. Which is actually a quite clean anti-histamine.

I nodded al lot especially after diner, i made! And had great full rests, no nausea. Nev ever died though, but Kratom is a lot safer then Heroine, way milder.

During my Kratom period i was scripted Mirtazepine. Which is actually a quite clean anti-histamine.

I nodded al lot especially after diner, i made! And had great full rests, no nausea. Nev ever died though, but Kratom is a lot safer then Heroine, way milder.
That sounds kind of concerning because Kratom is nothing compared to heroin and yet you still nodded

It is safe generally but will increase sedation and the risks that accompany that (like falling, car accidents, etc).

This is not a problem but no breath suppressing like with benzos right??

Correct, no respiratory depression. In fact mirtazapine might actually reduce the risk of opioid induced aspiration/pneumonitis (from vomiting in your sleep) given its powerful antiemetic effect.

Correct, no respiratory depression. In fact mirtazapine might actually reduce the risk of opioid induced aspiration/pneumonitis (from vomiting in your sleep) given its powerful antiemetic effect.
Yet more confirmation of what I ve been saying to everyone irl, mirtazapine is a wonder drug, a gift from God to save countless lives like it did mine two years ago

No u be all good mate!
I can use a few pts of H + the 60mg of done & still be alrite with my 45mg Mirtazapines (some times even pop 2 maken it 90mg!)

I have stopped using benzos (been like 5 days) for sleep (0.75mg etizolam or 10mg temazepam) I know use 15mg mirtazapine which actually helps me sleep better than benzos did.

However, now after having smoked heroin, I feel extremely sleepy and I can hardly keep my eyes open to read or write. Also, if I try to sleep, I get lost in my thoughts and forget to breathe till I suddenly panic (like I got an electric shock out of nowhere) and realize I am not breathing and start breathing again. However, I don't feel like I am poisoned / overdosing in the same way that I felt when I OD'ed on noids.

My question is, does mirtazapine potentiate the CNS effects of heroin, (hence not being able to keep eyes open for example) and thus I will lose my breath during sleep and die? Or is it simply that I am very tired from my chronic insomnia and I just need to sleep? Does mirtazapine interact with heroin the same way benzos (and so is it such a dangerous combo)?
I have been on mirtazapine for 25 years. 30 mg. It does make you drowsy for a few weeks but that goes away. Heroin dos not effect mirtazapine (personal experience) and I'm also on benzos, clonazepam. There is no drugs warning on mixing any of those drugs.

I have been on mirtazapine for 25 years. 30 mg. It does make you drowsy for a few weeks but that goes away. Heroin dos not effect mirtazapine (personal experience) and I'm also on benzos, clonazepam. There is no drugs warning on mixing any of those drugs.

There is absolutely a warning about mixing Heroin with benzos its some of the most dangerous drugs to combine with opioids period. It greatly increases the risk of overdose by alot. People without tolerance to both could die, and do regularly. Just because you havent died doesnt mean it cant happen in the future. Two of the times i had near fatal overdoses i was mixing Benzos and Dope.