• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mirtazapine and serotonin psychedelics

kimjongdill

Greenlighter
There's a few threads on this subject but I didn't want to bump an ancient thread

Ime, it is completely wasteful to take any psychedelic that targets the 5ht 2c receptor

I've been on 45 milligrams for a year and I grow my own shrooms and I literally can't trip
I've taken up to 150 grams wet and only get a body high and minor color changes

I've taken 8 hits of LSD and it was miniscule compared to 2 hits not on mirtazapine

I've also iv'd 100mgs of 4acodmt and tripped but it was still weak. The rush was crazy but after that it was so dull

I've also tried a few different 2c drugs and they were blunted too, to the point where a couple of hits were laughable in effects
I taken 45 mgs of mirtazapine for a year now

It sucks so if you are on mirtazapine, don't waste your time or money trying to trip
It's beyond lackluster

I'm curious to here anyone else's experiences on the subject

Some people might have fun on those type doses but I'm used to breakthrough trips
I love 1000÷ mg dxm doses and no other classic 5ht 2c agonist even come close to a low 3rd plateau dose

Mirtazapine is a potent 5-HT 2A antagonist and will block the effects of all serotonergic psychedelics.

BTW, the 2C drugs are named so not for the activity at the 5-HT 2C receptor, but because they contain methoxy groups on the 2 (as well as the 5) position of the benzene ring.

175px-2C-general.png

The 5-HT 2C receptor is generally regarded as having no psychedelic activity, which is why the anoretic lorcaserin (belviq) - which is a highly selective 5-HT 2C agonist - only produces classical psychedelic effects at doses considerably high enough to activate the 2A receptor. It doesn't at therapeutic dosages, at which it relatively saturates at activates the 2C receptor.