Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

mirtazapine and MDMA

psytaco

Bluelighter
I've been taking 30mg of mirtazapine a day. It is an antidepressant for those who don't know (it is not an SSRI though).

I was wondering if it is safe to take it with MDMA? If so, are there diminished effects?

I know taking MDMA when on antidepressants is a bad idea but I am going to a gig soon and there will be the option of MDMA. At this stage, I will probably just stick with speed. But you know what happens when you get drunk and are having a good time;)

Anyway, just wanted to check if it was safe and I would'nt end up with serotonin syndrome. If I have it, it will be MDMA crystal.

From my experiences you will be sweet. Its an NASSA which you take at night. If ya have had it the night before you will be safe in using MDMA the following arvo/night and can use it again once you have come down and want to sleep without adverse effects. From my experiences anyway. Everyones body chemistry is different but and depends how long youve been using avanza
Yeah I'm taking it for depression and have been taking it daily for 11 months. Will that make a difference?

I have a fair bit of trouble finding source-full information on mirtazapine interactions. I think its because its relatively new (well compared with SSRI's etc).

@Suboxopurgatory have you any sources that confirm its a safe combo? It may have worked out for you the times you tried it, that doesn't necessarily mean its a safe combo.

I've swung on the side of caution with mirtaz, because whenever I look for info on it, theres heaps of contraindications.

I've seen a few reports of people using MD while on mirtazapine and they were supposedly fine, however I think the dosages were 7.5-15mg and may have only been using it for insomnia.

I have a fair bit of trouble finding source-full information on mirtazapine interactions. I think its because its relatively new (well compared with SSRI's etc).

@Suboxopurgatory have you any sources that confirm its a safe combo? It may have worked out for you the times you tried it, that doesn't necessarily mean its a safe combo.

I've swung on the side of caution with mirtaz, because whenever I look for info on it, theres heaps of contraindications.

Yeah it is probably a good idea not to take MDMA with it.

Incidently, I was stupid one night and had an 'MDMA' cap that was bought whilst out at a club when drunk. My mate had one too and felt nothing, whereas I felt a bit munted. I also had a bit of a comedown. Although, I can't be sure what was in it.

i will probably give the MDMA a miss and just stick with speed. Before the antidepressants, in 2012, MDMA would give me shocking comedowns that took days to get over and I didn't feel normal for at least a week after. Considering my depression and anxiety are quite mild these days it probably isn't a good idea to mess with my serotonin levels too much. Be shame to undo some of the healing

I've taken it and taken 2cx's the next day with no adverse effects. The only exception was when I dosed the Avanza a few hours after having taken 20 mg 2ce. I almost blacked out. Fell over backwards at a servo. Not a good look at 2400 hours. I was still tripping hard when I dosed but had not had any adverse reactions previously and no diminished effect. So I thought it'd be ok and just dull the 2ce and I'd get some sleep. Well it did NOT dull the 2ce but made me feel really fucking sick and as I said collapse briefly at a servo.

However this is the only time I've had a bad reaction with avanza and any psychedelic/stimulant and 2ce is a pretty fucking strong psychedelic and 20 mg is a hefty dose. Taking 2cb/c/d/e/i the day/evening ie 24 hours or so post avanza 15 mg does not seem to cause any adverse reactions perhaps it dulls the experience slightly but not a heck of a lot. I'd not take the 2 substances in the same 24 hour period again though. I was prescribed 30 mg but found 15 mg worked for my depression. So in summary it may be ok 24 hours post but DO NOT take say MDMA/2cx and a few hours later take avanza (mirtazapine). I say IT MIGHT be ok not that it will be ok. It could make you really fucking sick and black out.

Speed also effect's serotonin receptors but not anywhere near as much as MDMA/2cx. Indeed I've used avanza to come down of a meth high before today.

Last edited: