• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mild cotton fever???

U

Unregistered79

Did a shot of meth and my teeth started hurting and it felt like I was gonna get a headache but it never came. Was freezing. Hot bath for a few hours and now I'm ok. Total waste tho, my bf got real faded. Is there a such thing as mild cotton fever?

^I don't understand what you mean by "mild". Cotton fever, by the way, is believed to be caused by a bacteria that colonizes the cotton plant, as opposed to physical pieces of cotton being present in the blood stream, which has been the urban legend for time immemorial. It's not generally a very severe or life-threatening condition if that's what you're implying. I've seen a couple of dozen cases resolve on their own within the span of a few hours.

The big question is what is your injection technique?

Are you sure you didnt just take too much amphetamines make my hands and feet freezing esp now with it so cold even if my body feels warm it constricts blood flow and this could also cause a headache and jaw pain is extremely common sometimes it feels like im flexing my jaw

Agreed, not cotton fever. Trust me, you'd know. My temp has been 105.3 during an episode of cotton fever. They key word here is fever, man, an intense, miserable experience lasting maybe 6-8 hrs. Your teeth chatter uncontrollably, your limbs shake, knees hurt, nearly impossible to walk or even stand...

Clear, measurable temp increase, feeling chilled/feverish are often first signs.
The very 1st sign is no high or euphoria resulting from the injection of your shot (though there are other reasons you may not feel buzzed, and so isn't a clear indication)

I had perhaps 7-9 very unpleasant episodes of it over 3 years timespan, I'm now very conscientious about hygiene & technique. Bad stuff.