• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Micronized kava has caused chronic constipation, anyone else?

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
Yeah, title. I've been taking this for a few weeks but I guess it took time to really creep up on me. I did notice not going as much at first but didn't think much of it, but in the past week, as I would take higher doses, I basically can't shit at all. I've taken miralax for 3 days in a row and I barely got some hard rocks out earlier. I went yesterday morning a good amount but it was still very hard and dark, a sharp contrast to the giant basilisks I was accustomed to.

It's disappointing because I really, really love this stuff. Nobody on the subreddit seems to talk about it, they don't believe in tolerance either, which I think is silly. I clearly did develop a tolerance after a few days of higher dosing. So all I can do now is not take any for a few days and see where I'm at. I got medium grind the other day but I didn't know you had to strain it and all that. I'm assuming that'd probably be easier on the stomach since you're just like, straining it into a pure liquid basically rather than giving yourself a fiber overdose. I drink plenty of water and at first I thought it was my diet but I've fixed that up and the problems still remain.

No clue how to strain kava, I guess I'll have to look at some videos and then one day just prepare some and see where it gets me. Micronized seemed so convenient, but now that I know it can destroy my G.I system I don't know if I can keep taking it. Maybe every few days, but all this talk about how you can take it daily and have no withdrawal was alluring, and it really made me feel so comfortable and calm.

My vendor and I talked quite a bit about the stuff but they never mentioned straining with the medium grind and neither does the website, I guess that's on me for not doing more research. The least they could've done is provide a strainer bag, I guess some do that. It's just strange because many people seem to have the opposite effect with either type, it helps them go, but there's absolutely no doubt it's done this to me and I was hesitant to believe it at first. But I've ruled everything else out and the micronized is the only difference, now I have to give it a few days and see what happens. I mean, when miralax and excessive water doesn't help, you know something is up. So yeah, one of my favorite drugs and I instantly have to break up with it basically :(