• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Micron Filter Vets - what is up with losing so much water inside them?!

forkfight

Bluelighter
If I try to filter a 1ML solution through a Micron, the initial push doesn't yield ANYTHING. After some vigorous 'Air pushes' I get about 30-40 units max.

With that said, I've tried making my solutions 1-1.5ML instead, but even at that, I rarely get the whole bit out of the Micron, and find myself backloading an extra 50 units into the Micron'd syringe just to push some more solution out.

Does anyone have any tricks / skills / ideas about how to properly filter a 1ML solution through a Micron? Or do you just have to use a large amount of bacteriostatic water and store your solution?

THANK YOU!

i always put 1ml of water thru the filter first. then the drugs. then flush with another 1-2ml to make sure i get everything out.

Get the filter damp first, I had the same problem with my CWEs

whats happening, is that that the filter is just soaking up all the water. So you get it damp (not soaking) first, so its already absorbed water and your solution should go right though

Understood, it's weird - I tried with 1-2ML prior to shooting anything through, and even at that seemed to lose a substantial bit.

I try to push with equal pressure, slowly etc, and always get a similar outcome. I'm guessing you can just expect to lose a bit of the solution no matter what?

My god, what's so hard to understand? The filter absorbs some of the water, and inside the filter there's some room, that's why about 0,5-1,5ml of water stay in the filter, unless you push air through it, then it comes out, but not all of it.

-just wet the filter with water. Because I'm using 2ml syringes, I flush the filter 10 times before I filter anything with it. That's just personal preference. (10x2ml = 20ml)

-prepare your drugs/medicine. DON'T COOK IT! There's some exceptions that need to be heated, but 99% of all the pills, capsules, and so on MUST NOT BE HEATED! So cool the solution down to the lowest possible temperature, using cotton-cosmetic-pads that you've wetted with ice-water. Onto these wetted pads, you can put the spoon on top of it. It will cool down faster or cool the solution down even more, to ice-water temperature (1-5°Celsius), which is GREAT! The cooler, the better.

-filter, then push some water after so you get all your drugs. You have to keep the volumes in mind... so use bigger syringes instead of those 1ml pumps... lol... buy 2, 3 or 5ml syringes. They're great for injecting any kind of drug. They are built for this. Insulin rigs are made for injecting SMALL amounts (less than 1ml) into fat.

premoisten your filter, push drug solution through, push some air through to get any remaining solution that will come out.

simple.

I am using 25mm, 0.20um Micron filters.
Dont know if smaller mm sizes lose less than 25mm or not.
Seems like you do lose some though.
I have been pushing 2ml of water through micron filter before i run my medicine through. That dampens the filter and small amounts are lost. I lose 25 units, 10units from cotton before micron filtering, and 15units from micron filter itself.
Just do what i do. Mark down on a notepad every dose administered as well as how much you lose after filtering through 0.20 micron wheel filter.

For example i want to filter a Suboxone Sublingual Film which has 8mg's of active ingredient desired. And i dont want to take more than 2mg's each dose.
So i will wet filter with 2ml's of water, then ill make sure i only use 80units of water for every 8mg bupe. This way ill have 2mg/20units or 1mg/10units of solution. And as long as i make sure i only make each strip with 80units(the 80 marker on a 1cc syringe) of water ill be good to just pull out 20units every time i need a dose out if my "septum syringe vial" that allows syringes to draw medicine from them and reseals by itself after every draw and fill. You need one, it also preserves solution fir weeks.
But i only make enough for 2-3 days worth.

NOTE: Just make sure to measure solution before and after "Micron filtering" and keep a written log of it.
You can even use your phone for this if you have it around all the time.

Btw you can apply my method in any way you want as ling as you always make it the same every time you do it.
But what is cool about my way is when i lose 25units i know exactly how much Buprenorphine i lost out of filtered solution and add water accordingly to adust dose administered.

Last edited:
That's some really good HR!

And people definitely should run some sterile solution through their filter before trying to use it as such, that is very important.

If you're ever down to share the notes/log you keep on this stuff I'd be super interested in looking at it. Would be a good example for other how to practice proper HR too :)