• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Michael Vick: Dogfighting Master of the Universe

Benefit

Bluelighter
Michael Vick is facing federal charges of being a dogfighting kingpin. The media is in an uproar! The Falcons are going to fire him! His career is over!

Seriously... what's the big fucking deal? People are acting like he fucked a 3 year old Lebanese princess. It's just dogfighting. It's no worse than cockfighting. People will slaughter cows by the thousands every day, just to eat them... yet for some reason having dogs fight each other is somehow so morally repugnant it cancels out Michael Vick's singular football talent. Rubbish!

I'll admit, I don't really know shit about dogfighting but I'm sure it's like a cultural norm in some poor ass countries. What's the big deal?

Disposing of the losing dogs in the fashion that they did (electrocution, slamming them on the ground, and hanging them) is pretty fucking extreme in my opinion.

The animals were brought up in an abusive environment.
Their sole purpose on this earth is relegated to fighting.
When they die they are disposed.

Dogs are a part of the diet of some people, that's true. But in this case the animals were treated in almost a completely expendable way.

If Vick had a large role in this enterprise, it doesn't negate his talents on the field, it just means he is a sick person.

TheDrizzle said:
Disposing of the losing dogs in the fashion that they did (electrocution, slamming them on the ground, and hanging them) is pretty fucking extreme in my opinion.

I was really pretty pro-vick until I heard about all that.

now I hope he has to pay out the ass, so seriosu community service work, and thats all.

dog/cock fighting is fucking nasty.

nasty nasty nasty.

dirty.

ugly.

yucky.

wrong.

disgusting.

disturbing.

yuck.

i hope they throw the motherfucking book at him.

actually i hope they smack him upside the head with it.

He hasn't been convicted yet. Although I can't see how he could have possibly been ignornant to what was going on at his house. Also, I believe that there's a witness that claims to have seen Vick participate. Whatever that's worth...

Oh, and it's cruel due to the way the dogs are brought up, maintained, and disposed of.

Do you guys think the NFL should punish him if he's found guilty? If so, what do you think would be fair?

Raising animals to eat them is entirely different than having them kill each other for your own enjoyment and then bashing them to death.

Guy should never play football again. He should also face criminal charges (and be tried like anybody else, not a celebrity).

the NFL is waiting to see which way the wind blows now. i think daunte culpepper would plug into atlanta quite nicely with vick in jail for cruelty to animals.

also, on a side note, eating animals is the natural order of things. life consumes life to survive. raising animals in an extremely cruel environment and forcing them to maim one another for the amusement of sociopaths is quite a different ball of wax.

atlas said:
I was really pretty pro-vick until I heard about all that.

now I hope he has to pay out the ass, so seriosu community service work, and thats all.

how about six years in the hole? "annonymous sources" are refering to vick as a kingpin; as someone who bread dogs for fighting and bet huge sums of money at the fights.

i can't even begin to understand someone getting enjoyment out of watching two animals tear eachother apart... but what really baffles and sickens me is the sadistic ways in which these animals were disposed of (so to speak) after losing or being determined ineffective. someone who electrocutes an animal has some serious fucking issues.

this is a disgusting story

[edit]

and as far as vick's career goes, i would be very suprised if the falcons didnt release him before the start of the season. he was on the hot seat even before all this mess.

If they were going to release him, it would be after he gets convicted. They'd have to deal with the players' union if they release him before.

it's sad what excuse the sports media passes for "news" in the off season, eh Benefit?

really, you have to be convicted of a crime before you can lose your job in the nfl? what did date culpepper get convicted of?

he (daunte) asked to be released. miami disgusted me with their treatment of a man who returned too early from injury to try and win some games. if they need to go with another QB thats their perogative, but to lock him out of the training facilities, etc. was a bit classless

the falcons can release vick if they choose, most contracts have language about what happens if your behavior off the field reflects poorly on your organization. shit, people get released to clear salary cap space all the time, you could just call it that if you'd like.

I think this would be news whether it would have been discovered in the offseason or during the season. It sucks for him, since a normal person wouldn't have their legal troubles aired in the public. But, he knows that shit like this comes with his high profile job.

if he were just some regular dog fighting kingpin you think it wouldn't be in the paper?

Benefit said:
Seriously... what's the big fucking deal? People are acting like he fucked a 3 year old Lebanese princess. It's just dogfighting. It's no worse than cockfighting. People will slaughter cows by the thousands every day, just to eat them... yet for some reason having dogs fight each other is somehow so morally repugnant it cancels out Michael Vick's singular football talent. Rubbish!

Humans raise cows to eat them to ensure the survival of our species. Watching two dogs fight to the death is inhumane. Electrocuiting dogs is inhumane. Bludging a dog to death is inhumane. Choking a dog to death is inhumane.

The big deal with Vick's alleged actions is that the money Vick received from these dog fights is barely a drop in the bucket compared to his NFL earnings. This was entertainment for him.

phrozen said:
He hasn't been convicted yet. Although I can't see how he could have possibly been ignornant to what was going on at his house. Also, I believe that there's a witness that claims to have seen Vick participate. Whatever that's worth...

Oh, and it's cruel due to the way the dogs are brought up, maintained, and disposed of.

Do you guys think the NFL should punish him if he's found guilty? If so, what do you think would be fair?

It does seem suspect that he didn't know that this was going on in his lavish home.

If found guilty, the NFL void his contract. It's just a job, afterall.

What's going to happen to Vick?

I think that's the big question.

There's very little doubt in most (sane) minds that dogfighting is cruel, disgusting, criminal activity, and the NFL should react accordingly. Thinking along the terms of "what if's", certainly the Falcons can release him now, which they might not do. Even if the Falcons choose to release him there's a chance that another team will just pick him up. As said previously, supposedly the NFL won't kick him out until he's convicted of the crime he allegedly (most definitely) committed. That in mind, we turn to the trial. Richmond has a history of getting cases in the courtroom with record-breaking quickness. But what happens if Vick's attorney finds ways to kick back the trial date? Without a conviction Vick could be playing in the NFL for at least this whole season. That is, if a team will have him.

That's for the time being though.

I'm guessing once the trial goes underway one of his counterparts will rat to get less jail time and Vick will be behind bars. It's what he deserves IMO.

Last edited:
phrozen said:

There are two witnesses one heard the other yell out Vick's name at a fight and then saw him acknowledge the guy and wave. Not only will he be tried for animal crulety, but he was also implicated in an illegal gambling ring tied to the dogfighting. I also do not know what the implications are in regard to dogs being brought out of state and bets being placed out of state, maybe nothing. Regardless, he is fucked. I hope he gets convicted and then thrown into a pit with pitbulls.