• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Michael Douglas' son arrested for meth [updated 4.21.10]

"Cameron is being held at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York City after he violated the terms of his home detention by allegedly asking his girlfriend to bring him an electric toothbrush with heroin stashed in it, a corrections center spokesperson tells PEOPLE.

Douglas, 30, had been released on bail and confined to a Manhattan apartment after his arrest on charges of distributing methamphetamine, also known as crystal meth.

Possible Life in Prison
Douglas, who faces a mandatory minimum of 10 years in prison if convicted and could face life in prison, was under the watch of a private security company when his girlfriend, Kelly Sott, allegedly brought him a black bag that contained an electric toothbrush with about seven grams of heroin hidden in the battery compartment. A security guard discovered the drugs, and alerted authorities."

wait a sec, he was under the watch of a private security company?? like his dad bailed him out for a millon bux and had him stay there and hired the security that sent him back to jail?? thats fuct if thats the case..

it doesn't matter what drug he had, people should be able to take whatever drug they desire, as long as they are not harming others by driving.

and the reason he probably had a large amount is because his dad is rich, which pretty much makes him rich as well.

Yes, he was driving around with 8 ounces of methamphetamine for personal use. BTW, I have a really nice bridge to sell you. Oh wait, scratch that, I think you're too naive to manage it.

Yes, he was driving around with 8 ounces of methamphetamine for personal use. BTW, I have a really nice bridge to sell you. Oh wait, scratch that, I think you're too naive to manage it.

^huh? what the hell are you talking about?

i never said he did or did not drive with the meth. i was simply pointing out something i believe in terms of drug prohibition/legalization. i believe anyone should be able to use whatever drug they desire, as long as they are not harming others. it is a general statement. never said this cameron guy did or didn't drive with the meth.

i was replying to "idiotequ3" post about how he thinks that meth can't help anyone's conscicousness, which i mostly agree with, though i belive people should be able to use whatever drug, whether it helps their conscious or not.

so there you go, that contradicts me being naive as you say. so maybe you should burn down that bridge you speak of lol.

^ I agree. Adults should be free to use whatever drug seems best for them. Prohibition is for kids.

i never said he did or did not drive with the meth. i was simply pointing out something i believe in terms of drug prohibition/legalization. i believe anyone should be able to use whatever drug they desire, as long as they are not harming others. it is a general statement. never said this cameron guy did or didn't drive with the meth.

i was replying to "idiotequ3" post about how he thinks that meth can't help anyone's conscicousness, which i mostly agree with, though i belive people should be able to use whatever drug, whether it helps their conscious or not.

so there you go, that contradicts me being naive as you say. so maybe you should burn down that bridge you speak of lol.

You said

and the reason he probably had a large amount is because his dad is rich, which pretty much makes him rich as well.

I was just pointing out that that is most likely BS. I also believe that you should be able to use whatever drug you want. I don't believe that an unqualified drug addict should be able to start his own business selling drugs to other people. Of course, that creates quite the conundrum, because then how are people supposed to gain access to their illegal DOC?

Hell if I know, I don't have all the answers.

Heh, im still thinking to myself, half a pound of meth? I think he might have been in a bit over his head before he was popped. I cant pass judgment though. Damn.

u contradicted urself a half pound of meth DOES in fact harm people beleive it or not lol

I dunno about the assumption that he was dealing. I always think about Keith Richards' bust in Toronto in the early 70s. He got popped for 22g (H). Now, at the time, depending on the purity, and assuming that he's got a gram a day habit, how can that not be proven to be anything other than an amount for daily use? If I had dough enough to stock up and avoid the hassle of copping frequently, I would def buy a large-ish amount and do it over a few weeks or (hopefully) a month.

I don't know about Michael Douglas' son either, altho I assume he's just a rich tweaker. I also know very little about what a large daily habit of meth would be (opiates are my world; not stims), but it seems very plausible to me that 8oz of meth could simply be a large personal stash. For ppl who are accustomed to living with a lot of money, $20k is only enough to party with, with a little extra to throw around at parties in gestures of noblesse oblige. Why deal with such paltry amounts if you have real money to your name? And why bother dealing at all if your financial future is set up, unless you're just pathetically trying to seem the mack?

But the 7g H in the toothbrush, idk, that just seems like a dumb move by some (30-year-old) kid who's trying to get into more trouble. *Oh, listen to me cry for help! The pain! The sorrow! The tragedy of it all!* Too late brother. That's just weak.

Wish I'd gotten that toothbrush though. I'd have put it and its contents to good use. In a hurry. Mmm, toothbrush. 7g. Mmm.

u contradicted urself a half pound of meth DOES in fact harm people beleive it or not lol

^you seem very anti-meth for some reason, though it could be because your from new jersey idk.

i don't personally like the high from the drug or the drug in particular myself, i'm an opioid fan.

it wouldn't make a difference to me what drug this guy got caught with, whether meth or crack or heroin or pcp or ecstasy or LSD.

no methamphetamine doesn't expand anyone's consciousness, only psychedelics can really be argued as doing that.

believe it or not, meth isn't quite as bad as the media portrays it to be, it just happens to be the current scapegoat drug at the moment. "worst drug ever" so to speak, just like ecstasy was the worst drug ever 10 years ago, and crack cocaine was the worst drug ever 20 years ago, and heroin was the worst drug ever 30 years ago, and LSD was the worst drug ever 40 years ago.

now i am NOT saying it is a safe drug, it is actually one of the worst drug to do physically, and its pretty neurotoxic. there are a few legit reasons for methamp use, which is why its prescribed in pill form as Desoxyn for extreme weight issues, ADHD, etc...though the pill isn't as strong as crystal meth on the street. meth was prescribed like candy back in the 1950s and you didn't hear about it ruining peoples lives and be horrible back then, its just really popular in rural areas and is easy to cook up so thats why they are labeling it the worst thing ever.

now as for the whole weights issue, yes that is a pretty damn large quantity of crystal meth. there are many reasons why he could have had that much though, which artaxeraxes mentioned. his dad is rich and rich drug users tend to buy big amounts of the drug just because they can and if they are addicted to said substance, well then they would buy even more. it is well known that police always say that people caught with large amounts of drugs are holding it with "intent to distribute", but that isn't always the case. some people really do have large habits and go through alot in a day, and add the fact that he is rich, and that could explain it. also, they said he drove from los angeles to new york, he might have gotten that much to stock up for the trip so he would have enough. that is another theory.
but it is true he really could have been dealing the drug across the U.S., in which case he was probably driving under the influence, and therefore deserved to go to jail.

anyways, i would say this about any drug that someone(s) is trying to demonize, doesn't matter what drug. i don't discriminate against certain drugs and think it is stupid to do so, which would explain my lack of likeness for drug purists. they are even worse than ignorant close-minded people a.k.a. straight-edge people.

Mixed metaphors and irony all in one post???

God I love it.

Chris- He was making a joke, implying that you are naive. He was offering to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge (which is an old joke about tricking someone who is gullible or naive.)

^never heard of it, so i'm naive/gullible because i haven't heard of/fell for the joke?

also, i know he was joking in a sense, but he was being arrogant about it, like i am some ignorant newbie.

most of which you are doing in your post above i.e. you are responding just like he did. like i am stupid and you are smart.

No no no, that's not what I meant, sorry it came off like that.

I was trying to explain what the saying meant.

Sorry it came off bitchy. Sometimes when I'm trying to be funny at 2am that happens.

19 glassines is equal to 7 grams??? I thought each stamp bag was a .1 so that should only be around 1.9-2 grams. How the hell did they come up with 7 g's?

lol...you cant figure that out...Maybe she had split the just under 7grams into 19 dime bags dude. they were selling pounds of meth. Maybe she bought it whole as Q of H..and did about .5 by then.lol And just put the rest in 19 dimes...then in a toothbrush.

^^^ still doesn't sound right to me. Say you bought 7 g's of dope and wanted to transport it to someone, would you really go and get 19 stamp bags and split up the 7 g's in there? Like why would you do that. Why wouldn't she just leave it as it was when she got the 7 g's, why break it up and put it into a bunch of individual bags. That just makes it look more like you were trying to sell the dope. I dunno if that makes sense to you guys. I think its just another stupid example of LE exaggerating amounts/prices.

Michael Douglas's son sentenced to 5 years
Reuters

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The son of Oscar-winning actor Michael Douglas was sentenced on Tuesday to five years in prison for possessing heroin and dealing large amounts of methamphetamine and cocaine out of a New York hotel room.

Cameron Douglas, 31, pleaded guilty to the charges in January, following his arrest last year at the trendy Gansevoort Hotel in Manhattan.

In court, Douglas apologized to his family for "this nightmare of my own making" and admitted to a long heroin addiction.

"I believe, your Honor, that things will be difficult this time," Douglas told U.S. District Judge Richard Berman.

His father, Michael Douglas, wrote a letter to the judge asking for leniency. He said Cameron had battled with drugs since age 13.

"I have some idea of the pressure of finding your own identity with a famous father," said Douglas, whose own father is actor Kirk Douglas. "I'm not sure I can comprehend it with two generations to deal with."

In a separate letter, Michael Douglas' wife, actress Catherine Zeta-Jones, also wrote words of support.

"Never, in my experience over the years, has Cameron shown any signs of the disease, that has tormented him, toward his siblings, or has (he) ever been abusive to us as a family at any time," she wrote. "My stepson is a caring, considerate, worthy human being."

Michael Douglas attended Tuesday's hearing, although Zeta-Jones did not.

Sentenced to five years in prison, Douglas will be credited with time already served. He has been in prison nearly a year.

He also has agreed to cooperate with agents of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration who are pursuing other cases, authorities said.

Link!

Is that a lot or little time for all the shit he tried to pull?

It seems like he got a slap on the wrist to me. Who knows, he could coopearate as well :\

I cannot fathom why somone in his financial position would pull such risks. Addiction is my quess. Too bad for dumb.

19 glassines is equal to 7 grams??? I thought each stamp bag was a .1 so that should only be around 1.9-2 grams. How the hell did they come up with 7 g's?

I have known dealers that only sold $50 glassines and over, to keep the traffic from their house down. It weighed what one would normally get for $50 so people weren't getting ripped off. I just hated having to find another person with 25 to throw down, and we got pulled over every other time we left the house. Had the glassine in the battery area of the cell phone so never got busted.

people should be able to use what they want as long as its not hurting anybody else ?
bit naive me thinks as ineviablely when you are using hard drugs like meth things tend to spiral out of control

i wonder how much michael douglas needed to payoff the judge. a poor kid from the ghetto would've got 50 years

I doubt that he paid off the judge. We're not talking about Mexico here and it's a high profile case.

Thing is with celebrities getting in legal trouble, either they get off light or they get the book thrown at them.