• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Metizolam Vs. Etizolam

Thomas29

Bluelighter
I am wondering if I should get some Metizolam to try out and how it is different compared to the effects that Etizolam itself produces I do know it is supposed to last longer but I also read somewhere it is weaker than Etizolam when dosed equally MG Per MG for each Research Chemical.

Was hoping someone can give me some more detailed information on these statements and any additional facts about them I might like to know about. I am interested in Metizolam mainly because I know Etizolam increases Estrogen inevitably but I don't know anymore information beyond that unlike with regular Benzodiazepines like Xanax and Valium for non tolerant individuals it increases Growth Hormone Levels and for Tolerant Individuals they administer Valium to a patient and check their Growth Hormone Levels Increasing and the patients with a Benzodiazepine Tolerance have a blunted GH Increase effect.

Any information on Metizolam which I betting my all the money I own everyone is going to say this is an RC benzo and has no studies done on it as if that's not Captain Obvious's assistant repeating his Captains Statements which are obvious that being said looking for more of anecdotes online anywhere and or experiences of Metizolam use and please do make any completely 100% assumptions based on zero facts from my post right now and just ask a question your assuming about instead of making the mistake of being wrong about my intentions and or lack of knowledge I may or may not know please and thank you for reading this all. :)

What? Non-tolerant benzo use = increased HGH?

Source?

Why am I just hearing about this now?

What? Non-tolerant benzo use = increased HGH?

Source?

Why am I just hearing about this now?

Growth hormone and prolactin responses to diazepam were measured in eight male patients who had been receiving long-term treatment with benzodiazepines and eight age-matched drug-free controls. The growth hormone response was significantly attenuated during benzodiazepine administration, but increased significantly after benzodiazepine treatment was discontinued. Growth hormone responses four days after the drug therapy withdrawal in patients, however, were still significantly less than in drug-free controls. Prolactin levels were unaltered after diazepam challenge, both in patients and in controls. The results clearly demonstrate tolerance to the growth hormone-releasing effect of diazepam, but do not suggest receptor supersensitivity after withdrawal of benzodiazepine therapy. It is possible that pituitary mammotropes lack benzodiazepine receptors.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6138010

Also discussed were findings that tolerance to benzodiazepines can be demonstrated by injecting diazepam into long-term users; in normal subjects, increases in growth hormone occurs, whereas in benzodiazepine-tolerant individuals this effect is blunted.
Wikipedia

But keep in mind that most studies investigating this seem to be really old, like 1980-1990

Keep in mind Artificial Exogenous Growth Hormone was not developed until the 80s so the studies you cited were literally conducted right after synthetic HGH was created which only gives us about bit more than 40ish Years if my math is correct as I type this as I am tired. Before that it was literally taken straight from the pituitary glands of cadavers which does not necessarily have anything to do with the effect Benzodiazepines have on Growth Hormone Increase which there are more studies on that than the 2 statements you mentioned in your post thought that was worth noting I.M.O. and as for the rest of your post.

I am not quitting Benzodiazepines but I am lowering my dose because I been using for 7 Months now a higher dose due to angina pains and details I don't need to or want to get into with this post as I don't have time to type it but. If you absolutely must know when I get back to my normal dose I plan to have Etizolam in Mouth Dissolving Pills which I use for multiple purposes like the relief of nausea don't ask me how it helps and panic attacks etc.

That being said the question was "I am wondering if I should get some Metizolam to try out and how it is different compared to the effects that Etizolam itself produces I do know it is supposed to last longer but I also read somewhere it is weaker than Etizolam when dosed equally MG Per MG for each Research Chemical."

I don't got time to read my full post but I don't believe I mentioned weaning down in my post and the use of Metizolam as helping in the weaning down from my use of 7 Months extra Benzodiazepines which now that my health issues have been identified I plan to get back down to my Daily 1MG Clonazepam Dose again if you must know.

**Face Palms** I should of posted this in Pharmacology Sub-Forum instead of Other Drugs probably but I figured more people would have experience with both Metizolam and Etizolam and be more responses to my Thread than just 2 posts and 1 unhelpful post no offense as ironically I assume you were trying to be helpful as you might think I am not experienced with Benzodiazepines or how the withdrawals idk rofl but than again this Thread is still young right.

Last edited:
Now my Thread is totally off topic and I have no answers to the ORIGINAL QUESTION and I got limited time and I am supposed to be sleeping right now and not typing I was hoping someone would of Posted but nope it turned into a Growth Hormone Discussion Thread.

**Face Palms**
Metizolam (also known as Desmethyletizolam) is a synthetic depressant of the thienodiazepine chemical class that reportedly produces etizolam-like effects such as anxiety suppression, disinhibition, sedation, muscle relaxation and memory suppression when administered. It is half as potent and has a 60% longer half-life than etizolam.

Metizolam was patented in 1995 by a Japanese company as a medication for treating anxiety.Despite this, it has little to no history of human usage prior to its release as a grey area research chemical by online vendors in September 2015.

Similar to benzodiazepines, the sudden discontinuation of thienodiazepines can be potentially dangerous or life-threatening for individuals using regularly for extended periods of time, sometimes resulting in seizures or death. It is highly recommended to taper one’s dose by gradually lowering the amount taken each day for a prolonged period of time instead of stopping abruptly.

Common names:Metizolam, Desmethyletizolam
Systematic name:4-(2-chlorophenyl)-2-ethyl-6H-thieno[3,2-f] [1,2,4]triazolo[4,3-a] [1,4]diazepine

Bluelight.org has gone way way downhill the last year or 2 and the sad part is this thread has only been replied by moderators lmfao who you would think would give me an answer but time to close this shit show of a failure thread it's truly sad I had to ask elsewhere about this and that concludes this

//Thread Closed Oh and out the goes any slight hope for humanity I may of had to not self-destruct as the selfish irresponsible species we are by instinct it feels like before we become EXTINCT is non existent... end of EPICLY LONG!>>>**Finishes Face Palm**

I still got respect for the Moderators just lost all hope for the world I'm no better than you all so I am just as much to blame in a certain way but not 100% and neither is anyone else we can't blame people for our problems.

Damn man I think you're overreacting. Personally I haven't tried metizolam, and probably most people haven't. I know one poster mentioned you shouldn't get it because you're trying to quit benzos, and I think that's harm reduction advice. Ordering more benzos makes it far less likely you'll be able to successfully taper. You're clearly suffering a lot, man, and I think we'd all just like to see you pull through the other side. :) Did you get some diclazepam? That one has a super long half-life which makes it great fora taper as you can take 1 dose a day. The shorter acting benzos like etizolam, and it sounds like metizolam too, are trouble for doing a taper with. Too much interdose withdrawal, it makes it really hard to stick to a taper and you're up and down multiple times a day.

I can send this somewhere else if you'd prefer, just let me know.

For the record I know Etizolam would be literally the worse drug to attempt a taper like basically as horrible as Xanax taper would feel like. I simply was just curious what exactly the difference between Metizolam and Etizolam was as I use Etizest Mouth Dissolving Pills from Japan based on the writing on the Boxes so I got Etizolam Powder and a solution which I plan to just use Orally when I need once I stabilize on my original daytime prescribed 1MG Clonazepam which i got back down too sooo. **face palms** for the last time I'm not quitting benzos I have already weaned back down to 1MG of Clonazepam a day and I am over-reacting since like this is a constant a occurence sorry sue Me lol I apologize if I have offended anyone by seeming like I am not appreciative of your help as you all know Benzodiazepine use/withdrawal can really fuck with your emotions/mental awareness so again sorry all just wanted to post this for the record as I don't want to seem ungrateful for all the time everyone puts into trying to get Me out of this hole I dug myself into because of fucking HORRIBLE Angina (Chest Pains) that scared Me enough into taking Xanax for months before I realized I had taken it for way to long. Yes I got Diclazepam and I REGRET IT I got dry mouth like think of smoking weed dry mouth on fucking steroids. I mean for some weird ass reason the Diclazepam is making my mouth dry as dirt so I got some Meclonazepam to hold Me over until the Norflurazepam arrives which before someone says some about it's 250 Hour half-life or elimination half-life or some.

I used to be Prescribed Flurazepam and at least Norflurazepam has a known half-life and a rough estimate of 5MG equals 10MG Diazepam except when I was prescribed the 30MG Flurazepam for sleep I changed it to 10MG Nitrazepam just to see which one I preferred and the Nitrazepam oddly last much longer.... Point is I read 30MG Flurazepam equals 10-20MG Diazepam which I am assuming it can double up in the Dose if taking it daily. So I plan to make a new thread about Norflurazepam but anyone who has dabbled in using Flurazepam Prescriptions once in awhile would be able to answer any questions regarding Norflurazepam for the most part at least... which I doubt anyone has taken or had any experience with since I only KNOW ONE Vendor with it that is 100% Legit and at a reasonable price the other Vendor seems Legit but is nearly twice the price for a Gram of Norflurazepam. Ya I wasted like good chunk of coin on 2 Gram of Diclazepam dry mouth incuducing hell to the point I can't cough up any of the lung butter from smoking which just simply gets stuck in my throat or on my tongue (yes it's gross as fuck) like can't even spit so dry not even Biotene Mouth Wash will touch the dry mouth Diclazepam is giving Me and I have been taking it for weeks hence I tapered down but I am not like stabilized yet meaning I am down to 1MG Clonazepam but since like you said Diclazepam has a long half-life I am noticing myself needing a little extra Clonazepam to keep me level headed.

OH! Don't forget my father dying and some other problems I'd rather not talk about.

Last edited:
You don't actually need to get more and different benzos to get off the one you are already on. You would just need to taper properly. On the other hand if you're preoccupied with all things benzo you may get distracted - not that I'm saying that's bad or wrong.

My Windows 7 Google Chrome Browser is making insane. What you mean by that? I am only Prescribed 1MG Clonazepam for as needed for anything from anger to anxiety during the day and Nitrazepam at night I am looking into other Benzos like I used Meclonazepam in the past hence I got it 3-6MG supposed to be equal to 1MG Clonazepam but who knows. Nobody knows the half-life of any Research Chemical Benzodiazepines except for very and the only actual like correct Me I am wrong is the Norflurazepam is a Metabolite of Flurazepam I wouldn't of considered acquireing it since Diclazepam a totally unresearched Benzo and Dry Mouth in General is expected with Benzos but not THAT BAD if you feel Me on that one Like and nothing some Biotene Mouth Wash can't help.

My problem is due to angina (chest pains) as I mentioned above scared Me enough into taking at the time. I was taking 1MG Clonazepam and like before I started taking like 6-12MG Xanax a day (inlcuding the 1MG Prescribed Clonazepam daily dose) non of those Fake 2MG Pills but the real deal from the Pharmacy Teva/Apotex Brand stuff not that the Brand matters "much" being the key wordd there is a slight difference not a huge one like V Cut roche Valium I read in a study u could easily google it getting off topic but oh well the Generic Diazepam only absorbed 75% of 10MG V Cut Roche Valium and the amount of Valium I have to take to get rid of my 1MG Clonazepam without causing withdrawals is like more than 40MG even if I take say 10-20MG for like 2 weeks straight to let the long-acting metabolites build up.

Like I said though I am back down to 1MG Clonazepam but like every 24 Hours to 4 Days it all depends on the stress for good reason don't want to eleaborate about it but I take like 1.125MG of Clonazeapm or 1.250mg of it but considering Clonazepam withdrawal takes like 14 Days for full effects I am assuming it is the long acting metabolites or some or the fact that the parent compound in Diclazepam is causing withdrawal and I have been through Benzo Withdrawal plenty of times with my very first and if you read about lorazepam withdrawal it's worse than withdrawal seen at equivalent doses of other Benzos for only like 2 weeks or some which Ironically I was popping (back when I was 15 and had no weed and no idea how physically dependance causing Benzos can be especially to the developing brain but 2 Weeks of 2MG Lorazeapm in the Morning and at night and I was in mild withdrawal but since I had no idea what was going on and no weed it was hell I couldn't sleep for days until the 5 Day without sleep I just grabbed my last 2MG Lorazepam put it under my tongue then went into bed layed down on my pillow for 15 Minutes until the Pill fully dissolved made sure I got it all with drinking some water and turned off my t.v. and next thing you know I'm awake and I got 8 Hours of magical sleep city. The place I have been desperate to get back to but living next to dumb drunks who jumped Me and tried kicking my door to stab Me etc. etc. etc. has really fucked Me inlcuding all ptoential drugs like shrooms I had a shroom trip at age 17 which like I remember that year WAS AMAZING shrooms in the RIGHT setting and the under THE RIGHT CIRCUMSTANCES in A HIGH DOSE can be HUGELY beneficial to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder sufferers and Ketamine I don't know safe it is especially with the drugs I'm on I don't usually research shit until i acquire hence I don't know much about it but I do know I am in no good state of mind to doing a shroom trip and then the magical drug MDMA which I can get it but I don't think it will do much on it's own for PTSD maybe combined with a "GOOD" shroom trip idk.

Sorry got off topic like I said it takes me 5 Seconds to type and my Windows 7 which I am getting windows 10 keeps fucking failing to refresh the page like it wasn't showing the latest posts until now.

Last edited: